HOW WILL UNIVERSAL'S EPIC UNIVERSE AFFECT WALT DISNEY WORLD?

How do you think it will affect Disney World?

• Total voters

Dan Deesnee

There used to be lengthy discussion about this on here for about the year after epic universe was first shown. Many, many people said that Disney couldn't care less about epic universe. I always took the stance that they cared very much and I can tell you with certainty after looking at what they released yesterday Disney is likely not feeling good at all about their future.

Epic universe looks amazing. So far all Disney has shown that they have planned for the next 5 years is an ever rotating small sample of concept art. None of it that exciting either in my opinion...

15 years from now we may look back at the opening of epic universe as the beginning of the Disney parks downfall from the spot at the top. I used to think of universal as a poor man's Disney, but these past few years have made me rethink that.

yensid1967

Original Poster
There used to be lengthy discussion about this on here for about the year after epic universe was first shown. I always took the stance that they cared very much and

Epic universe looks amazing. So far all Disney has shown that they have planned for the next 5 years is an ever rotating small sample of concept art. None of it that exciting either in my opinion...

15 years from now we may look back at the opening of epic universe as the beginning of the Disney parks downfall from the spot at the top. I used to think of universal as a poor man's Disney, but these past few years have made me rethink that.
Many, many people said that Disney couldn't care less about epic universe.
THIS is Disney's problem! They DO NOT CARE and it shows!
I can tell you with certainty after looking at what they released yesterday Disney is likely not feeling good at all about their future.
And they shouldn't! They are complacent in their decisions of what to build or what to do! Their complacency will result in their downfall, because I think Epic Universe looks amazing, even with only 4 lands and Celestrial Park entrance.
I think Disney will feel the hurt! If they announce something within the year and NOT TAKE 5 YEARS to build, they may bring the guests back to WDW

Dan Deesnee

THIS is Disney's problem! They DO NOT CARE and it shows!

And they shouldn't! They are complacent in their decisions of what to build or what to do! Their complacency will result in their downfall, because I think Epic Universe looks amazing, even with only 4 lands and Celestrial Park entrance.
I think Disney will feel the hurt! If they announce something within the year and NOT TAKE 5 YEARS to build, they may bring the guests back to WDW

There's a difference between not caring and being incompetent.

JIMINYCR

Anything new drives people to it. We’ve seen that many times when the latest attraction/ land opens up. Dis will see a defection of guests who want to try what looks amazing. See Disney try to roll out something to counter that with maybe discounts or promotions but that will not have a huge affect. Numbers will decrease for a while. But Dis has the brand, the popularity and the parks to hold on and last through the coming tide. They will in the near future, have to do something big to catch up and bring guests back to the magic. Don’t expect Epic to put Dis out of business. But it will feel some pain momentarily.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Do you think EPIC after its open will take any tourist dollars away from WDW?
Immediately, there may be an effect. But a year out, it's just more tourists in the pot of central Florida tourism due to the additional capacity a new park creates.

I think DHS and AK will be the most affected of the Disney parks, but the overlap isn't too huge. I'd be more concerned with Universal cannibalizing their own IOA numbers with this.

Epic looks literally on par with Disney Sea, and it’s right next to two other world class theme parks. Disney has opened fewer and fewer, worse and worse attractions for the past 15 years, and now they have NOTHING scheduled to open for a long time. Epic Universe and the general Universal Orlando Resort is going to permanently change the balance of theme parks in the US. This may be the beginning of the end for Disney, at very least the end of their domination

mkt

Premium Member
I DONT KNOW....WAIT WHY ARE WE YELLING IN THE TITLE??

Yelling Steve Carell GIF

Disstevefan1

Immediately, there may be an effect. But a year out, it's just more tourists in the pot of central Florida tourism due to the additional capacity a new park creates.

I think DHS and AK will be the most affected of the Disney parks, but the overlap isn't too huge. I'd be more concerned with Universal cannibalizing their own IOA numbers with this.
It is really hard to imagine WDW not being the number one vacation destination.

But then again, I never imagined a 100 year event like the pandemic.

It will be interesting to see what happens 2026 and 2027 and so on.

Vegas Disney Fan

None of the above.

Even if the primary destination is Universal, most people will still visit Disney when in Orlando.

This is merely additional capacity for more tourists who will come.
I’m a combination of this and it’ll help spread out the crowds a bit. I think it’ll draw people away from WDW, but I think it’ll also increase visitation to Orlando so it’ll offset some of those loses, a lot of those additional trips will also visit Disney.

I expect a decrease in attendance at WDW but I’m not expecting it to be large enough to be noticeable to the average guest.

mkt

Premium Member
It is really hard to imagine WDW not being the number one vacation destination.

But then again, I never imagined a 100 year event like the pandemic.

It will be interesting to see what happens 2026 and 2027 and so on.

WDW will still be the number one andUniversal will continue to grow.

Both will be true.

Because a new park means more people. This is just adding capacity to the market. The only thing needed are more hotel beds and flights.

Disstevefan1

WDW will still be the number one andUniversal will continue to grow.

Both will be true.

Because a new park means more people. This is just adding capacity to the market. The only thing needed are more hotel beds and flights.
I seem to remember Universal ran a shuttle bus from someplace on WDW property and Universal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom