How will Disney React to Jeffrey Jones' arrest?

krzy4dzny

Original Poster
How do you think that Disney will react to Jeffery Jones (Chairman Clench in Alien Encounter) being arrested for allegedly hiring a 14 year old to pose for "inappropriate" child pictures?

With today's digital technology would they consider removing him from Alien Encounter?

krzy4dzny

Original Poster
Thanks Nut4disney. I did try to do several searches but didn't come up with anything. I though it was strange that no one picked up on it.

jmarc63

Originally posted by krzy4dzny
Thanks Nut4disney. I did try to do several searches but didn't come up with anything. I though it was strange that no one picked up on it.

There was a story about it at Eonline.com about Jeffery Jones and Paul (PW Herman) Rubens on friday

Pioneer Hall

I don't think they will replace him...he isn't too recognizable in alien encounter (as opposed to him in other roles). They proabably won't change a thing.

wyattkelly

Well, Disney didn't re-record the dialogue from Star Tours when Paul Reubens was busted for *ahem* pleasuring himself in a Sarasota adult theater. I don't think that they'll re-do anything on Alien Encounter, besides take his name off the credits.

Luau Cove

I understand Disney replacing a huge star like Michael Jackson, but Jeffrey Jones...I think most people don't even know who this actor is or at least they say "Hey, isn't that the guy from...?". I'm sure they are not eager to throw their money thanks to this unadvertised dilemma.

-->LUAU

Scar Junior

The way I see it Disney can really do nothing. Other than take his name out of the credits (which may affect legal issues)- I don't want them to do anything either. THEY did nothing wrong. They employ 50,000 people at Disney world alone- plus actors, musicians and athletes and lawyers all across the company... How many of them do u think are perverts (or drug users, or anything else offensive)? Sadly there is a good chance it is a pretty high number. But how is Disney going to find this out? They can't. I hope there is no outcry... so far so good.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by krzy4dzny
How do you think that Disney will react to Jeffery Jones (Chairman Clench in Alien Encounter) being arrested for allegedly hiring a 14 year old to pose for "inappropriate" child pictures?

With today's digital technology would they consider removing him from Alien Encounter?
I would suggest that there is no shame or need to worry about being arrested. The police will act upon "evidence" to make an arrest. It is only when there is sufficient evidence that a charge is then made and the defendant bailed or remanded before the courts.
In the UK the onus is on the prosecution to proove the case - in the above I would suggest that the pictures/negatives/digital images would need to be found to prove it.
If he's then found guilty, or admits it prior to it getting to court, thats when Disney needs to consider its options.
Remember, being arrested for a crime doesn't make you guilty - its when it reaches court and the court returns a guilty verdict.

MrPromey

Re: Re: How will Disney React to Jeffrey Jones' arrest?

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
I would suggest that there is no shame or need to worry about being arrested. The police will act upon "evidence" to make an arrest. It is only when there is sufficient evidence that a charge is then made and the defendant bailed or remanded before the courts.
In the UK the onus is on the prosecution to proove the case - in the above I would suggest that the pictures/negatives/digital images would need to be found to prove it.
If he's then found guilty, or admits it prior to it getting to court, thats when Disney needs to consider its options.
Remember, being arrested for a crime doesn't make you guilty - its when it reaches court and the court returns a guilty verdict.

Right but from Disney's perspective, it really doesn't matter if he is found guilty or not.

I mean, if they had featured OJ in an attraction at some time, I'm sure he would be long gone from it today. He was found innocent of brutally killing his wife and her lover but is still considered to be guilty by most of the public.

That being said, I didn't even realize this guy was in AE. Now that I know, I can see him in my mind's eye with green makeup on but he isn't exactly that well known of an actor. I don't think most people will even notice if Disney doesn't decide to point it out and to that end, I don't think it matters. They didn't do anything wrong by putting him in there in the first place...

Oh, and there is a strange bit of justice in him getting sent to a barren alien planet with viscous meat eating monsters, right? That is of course, if he's guilty. ;)

MKingdom25

Re: Re: Re: How will Disney React to Jeffrey Jones' arrest?

Originally posted by MrPromey
Right but from Disney's perspective, it really doesn't matter if he is found guilty or not.

I mean, if they had featured OJ in an attraction at some time, I'm sure he would be long gone from it today. He was found innocent of brutally killing his wife and her lover but is still considered to be guilty by most of the public.
Good point. It all about perception and how it changes the public's view of Disney. If some guy commits an crime and no one know him or has heard about the crime, they might not make as big of a deal. Now if this guy worked for Disney, it might be different but since he is just in a ride I doubt it will change.

Originally posted by wyattkelly
Well, Disney didn't re-record the dialogue from Star Tours when Paul Reubens was busted for *ahem* pleasuring himself in a Sarasota adult theater. I don't think that they'll re-do anything on Alien Encounter, besides take his name off the credits.

They didnt remove him from star tours but he used to narrate something @ mgm with Mel Gibbson.. I dont remember much about it, but it was some sort of walking tour that talked about movies and how they edited them , sound effects, editing scenes etc.

jcrb

Just one Thought - Think about Michael Jackson! is his show still there? nope - maybe the guy gone or maybe I'm jumping to conclusion

WDWspider

Originally posted by jcrb
Just one Thought - Think about Michael Jackson! is his show still there? nope - maybe the guy gone or maybe I'm jumping to conclusion

Captain E/O stayed at DL for quite some time after his suppossed crimes. It just got old and replaced eventually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom