How/where did you meet your future, husband, wife, S.O.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
I was in the Air Force serving out my final year in my enlistment and was taking night division courses at the University of Vermont to get extra credits toward my possible Bachelors Degree.

I was in an American History class and she was sitting at a desk right next to me. At the time she was the Head nurse at the Clinical Research dept. in our local Hospital. She was working on credits for her Bachelors Degree in Nursing. We both smoked at the time so during breaks we would stand out in the hall and have a smoke and just talk about whatever. During class I would draw little faces and title them based on mood. Sort of early emoji's. Compared to me she was the best student in the world proven by the fact that by the time it was done she had managed to obtain her Masters in Nursing and another Masters in Gerontology and was just a dissertation away from having a Doctorate in Gerontology before she developed some mental problems that prevented her from finishing. Me? I still just have an Associates Degree in Business. Anyway, I did something that would probably get me arrested now, I followed her after class and found out where she lived and a few days later I showed up at her door with an invitation to go for a ride. My how times have changed. Four months later we were married. And unlike what my parents suggested, no it was not a shotgun type. Unfortunately, it didn't last forever. After 29 years we went our separate ways. We still saw each other at family gatherings until she passed away from a stroke, 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Dory71

Me and a group of friends went to Fort Walton Beach Florida for Spring Break '90. We wanted to meet "new" guys, not the ones we already knew from our college. We were returning to our hotel room and my sister had to use the restroom so my friends started yelling it out the car window. It caught the attention of a group of guys. And I have been married to one of them for 27 years now. And my sister never lets me forget that it was because of her. lol.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We met on a blind date. He and I met up at a coffee house chatted over a beverage for a bit and then decided to go to dinner. I let him drive me to the restaurant (I had driven myself to the coffee house) and he drove right past the restaurant we had agreed upon and to Applebee's. At the end of dinner I said "I guess we aren't eating at Gus' tonight" jokingly. He thought he was toast and was embarrassed about going to the wrong restaurant, but I thought it was funny. Things worked out and we are still together now for 16 years (15 married). And the restaurant we were supposed to go to burnt down about a month after our first date.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

I met my husband in a Yahoo chat room. I wasn't looking for anyone, but we started talking and we enjoyed chatting with each other. He'd never been to the US before, so he came out to visit me and I showed him around the local sites and attractions. Then I went to his country for a visit and by the end of that visit, he proposed to me.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
This makes me sound almost TOO cool. :cool:But my husband and I met in high school in Marching Band lol. I was on the drum line and he played Saxophone. We didn’t start dating until the summer after I graduated and he was in college though. He messaged me on Facebook and asked if I remembered him. We started dating soon after and have been together 10 years now:inlove: and married for 5.

macefamily

I'm from a small northeastern PA area. Everyone pretty much knew each other in high school. I played football and became best friends with a guy who was two years younger than me. When I met his younger sister I was smitten. However she was dating a fellow football teammate through high school. I respect relationships and I am not a 9rick. Her boyfriend went to Berkley Music School in Boston and the long distance relationship didn't work. I courted her and we started dating her sophomore year in college after I just graduated from college. We were with each other for three years when I finally proposed. Our families are best friends with each other and we love every time we get together. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Sans Souci

This makes me sound almost TOO cool. :cool:But my husband and I met in high school in Marching Band lol. I was on the drum line and he played Saxophone. We didn’t start dating until the summer after I graduated and he was in college though. He messaged me on Facebook and asked if I remembered him. We started dating soon after and have been together 10 years now:inlove: and married for 5.

Yay, a fellow band geek! I was in the drum line in HS, too. :hilarious:

mf1972

we met from working at the same hospital. back then i was a patient transporter & she was a nurse on a floor. we always used to chat. 1 thing led to another & we started dating. been married 20 years this year & still at the same hospital. now i work in radiology & she’s a nurse in the same department.

draybook

I just ETS'd and got home to find out that Jodie had been taking care of my then fiance. Shortly after that, I met Amy due to her being best friends with my buddy's girlfriend. We knew each other for about 3 or 4 months before we actually started dating, as she was dating a guy at the time and I was in the middle of that split. Ironically enough, we had such a large number of mutual friends and even times where we should have crossed paths over the years yet never did. Crazy how fate works.

Twenty-one years later, here we are, still married (19 years) and four awesome kids.

John park hopper

Met her on the beach in Lake worth Florida, she was visiting her mom and I was in college, I would go to the beach and study. We got to talking and went out to dinner she stayed for a few days and then she went back to NJ. Long story short she was dating a guy in NJ broke up with him and moved to FL and 42 years and 3 sons later she is still with me ------Insanity runs in her family Ha Ha.

StarWarsGirl

Not me, but my parents have an interesting story.

My grandfathers were boyhood friends. All of my grandparents knew each other by their teens; my maternal grandparents were at my paternal grandparents' wedding.

Anyway, my dad's parents' didn't stay married, so he and his siblings lived with their mom, but my paternal grandfather was still friends with my mom's parents (she called him "Uncle Fred" actually). Paternal grandfather got remarried and had another kid who's 22 years younger than my dad. My dad moved in with his father when he went to college and law school. He mostly didn't come out from his room when my grandfather had friends over, so he didn't meet my mom that way either.

My grandfather and step grandmother didn't ask my dad to babysit (they didn't think just because he lived there that it should be expected, especially since he had studying to do) so they hired a babysitter. And guess who that babysitter was? Yup, my mom. One day, my grandparents came back and found my dad with his arm around my mom and realized they were going to need a new babysitter.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Online dating. At first i was not interested in her. but she kept on chasing me until i gave in and we went on that first date and after our first kiss on the first date i knew it was to be and i felt stupid for avoiding her for so long so i could have found her sooner and loved her longer.

wdwfan4ver

We met on a blind date.
A blind date was how my parent first met, but not how would you expect.

My dad was not the blind date for mom. At the time my mom was brand to the city she moved to with the people she knew was older sister & her family.

My mom was set up on a blind date. The person she supposed to have the blind date with lived in the apartment my dad lived in. They were supposed to meet there, but the person was late. She met my dad as a result. At first my mom thought my dad was the blind date for her, but it was not a date.

The Blind date did come, and its safe to say it didn't go well.

My dad was lucky that he saw my mom at a wedding that both of my parents knew the bride and groom. They found out about each other at the wedding and is where they started dating.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Mike and I knew each other in high school where he was the object of my best friend’s affection. I had zero interest in him. He was, after all, a Minor-Niner, and I was in grade 10!

We started working together a few years later in a pizza joint, by which time I’d skipped a grade and was in University to his grade 12! This time I was smitten though. (I think he only went out with me because I was in University. Bragging rights and all that. 😂)

We had absolutely nothing in common. He was a marginally-Catholic jock, youngest of 7. I was an ultra-religious Pentecostal Brainer, oldest of 4.

We dated 7 years, 6 months, and 12 days (but who’s counting), and have been married for more than 27 years.

On paper, it never should have worked. We still have very little in common, except that we each put the other first. Our boys are 24 and almost 26, and they have never seen us fight.

He’s losing his hair; I’m losing the fight with gravity (literally, if you recall how I broke my leg), but he still thinks I’m the most beautiful woman in the world. And I know he’s the most handsome man.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom