How to spend my day?

aleyva

I will be going to Disney World in mid December this year for my birthday, and I only have a 1 day park-hopper ticket. I am torn as to how I should spend my day. Has anyone done this? My hotel offers the EMH, and Hollywood Studios is offering AM Hours that day. I will take advantage of that, but after I don't really know if I should go to Magic Kingdom or go to another park and wait till about 4PM to go head to MK hoping for less crowds...I want to try to get as much as I can in.
Thanks in advance for any help!:)

real mad hatter

Well i take it your from Florida? Are you onsite ? Have you been to WDW before?Lots of question I know but curious about your one day park hopper.Me,I would do HS for the EMH then Epcot and leave out AK and hit MK for the evening :)

Upvote 0

aleyva

Original Poster
I am from Florida :) I'm staying at the Hilton - Downtown Disney hotel. (They offer guests EMH) I have been to WDW 5 times...
I think I will probably do HS, Epcot, and MK for night. Thanks for the input!

Upvote 0

Mukta

I would make a list of my favorite attractions. Try to hit the parks in a reasonable order like DHS--EP--MK because of the transportation (unless you are driving from park to park)

Upvote 0

aleyva

Original Poster
Okay, that is a good idea. I was planning on using the shuttles from park to park for easy transportation.
Do you have any tips about eating in the parks? Is it better to eat a reserved lunch or dinner at a specific time? Usually we pack small sandwiches for lunch, and then have a snack in one of the parks later..

Upvote 0

Mukta

Okay, that is a good idea. I was planning on using the shuttles from park to park for easy transportation.
Use the boat from DHS to Epcot or walk. Use the monorail from Epcot to MK. I am not a fan of the buses, so that is what I would recommend.
Do you have any tips about eating in the parks? Is it better to eat a reserved lunch or dinner at a specific time? Usually we pack small sandwiches for lunch, and then have a snack in one of the parks later..
I don't know what your budget is, so look at some menus online and see if a sit down meal is feasible for you time and money wise. You are too late to book the super popular sit down places, but there are still places open for reservations.
If $30-$100 it out of the question, there are still lots of counter service restaurants that serve meals for $10-$20.
With only one day in the parks, I wouldn't spend too much time eating. I would probably grab snacks and eat while in the queue for a ride.

Upvote 0

thomas998

To avoid wasting time on food I would suggest you take some nutri-gran bars or something like that to eat on the run as a snack at breakfast time, then eat a late lunch that can serve as a dinner too... Don't know if you are looking for sit down meals or quick serve... we often do one day of a late lunch at Crystal Palace because it has a good buffet and everyone can eat enough that we can then skip the dinner... is also cheaper at lunch than dinner... And yes its a charcter meal with Pooh, but in MK it is the most convenient place you can really load up enough to skip dinner... You mention you are also doing Epcot, but I don't know of any good places to turn a lunch into a lunch/dinner there.

Upvote 0

aleyva

Original Poster
Use the boat from DHS to Epcot or walk. Use the monorail from Epcot to MK. I am not a fan of the buses, so that is what I would recommend.

I don't know what your budget is, so look at some menus online and see if a sit down meal is feasible for you time and money wise. You are too late to book the super popular sit down places, but there are still places open for reservations.
If $30-$100 it out of the question, there are still lots of counter service restaurants that serve meals for $10-$20.
With only one day in the parks, I wouldn't spend too much time eating. I would probably grab snacks and eat while in the queue for a ride.

I have never done the boat from DHS to Epcot..where can I find that? That seems like a much better option! Thanks for that tip :)
And as far as food goes, I think my family is probably gonna stick to quick service for meals so that we can utilize all of are time wisely.

Upvote 0

aleyva

Original Poster
To avoid wasting time on food I would suggest you take some nutri-gran bars or something like that to eat on the run as a snack at breakfast time, then eat a late lunch that can serve as a dinner too... Don't know if you are looking for sit down meals or quick serve... we often do one day of a late lunch at Crystal Palace because it has a good buffet and everyone can eat enough that we can then skip the dinner... is also cheaper at lunch than dinner... And yes its a charcter meal with Pooh, but in MK it is the most convenient place you can really load up enough to skip dinner... You mention you are also doing Epcot, but I don't know of any good places to turn a lunch into a lunch/dinner there.

My family will probably pack the snacks like always..we pack the granola, carrots kind of thing. My family wants to stick with quick service for the most part. They are considering Mama Melrose's as a second option for dinner. Thank you for the tip about MK! I have always wanted to do a character dine option...:)

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

I have never done the boat from DHS to Epcot..where can I find that? That seems like a much better option! Thanks for that tip :)
And as far as food goes, I think my family is probably gonna stick to quick service for meals so that we can utilize all of are time wisely.
It is at the International Gateway, between England and France. You just exit the park through the International Gateway, and the boat loading will be on the left by the water. The boat will have a few stops on the the to DHS, but it is a relaxing trip, not real fast but relaxing.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you want to take the boat FROM DHS to Epcot, head to your far left when you exit the park. You will see the water and the covered boat dock.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom