How to keep track of Key to Kingdom card?

teacup317

I was just wondering, how does everyone keep track of their Key to the Kingdom card/room key? Does it come with a lanyard so you can wear it around your neck or do you just have to keep it in your wallet. Sorry, I just can't remember from the last time we went. Thanks in advance. :hammer:

WTBAD

We've use the lanyards for years. My wife & I put our room key, AP & drivers license in ours. If we take any money it folds put & fits easily in the little case too. Plus its easy to check it the kids have there keys & AP's thru the clear plastic.

Upvote 0

cdunbar

When we go we carry one of those cheap little backpack things. Most of the time they're made out of a waterproof material, we both got them years back at our college freshman into thing, and we each put our wallet and cell in there and then keep our FP's and tix in the little paper holder they give you with the tix. We then keep the holder thing with the card in it in the front pocket of the bag. Some place where it won't get wet or be near or cells or credit cards to demagnitize it!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I use my wallet in my pocket - exciting I know.

If I am going to TL or BB I do use something called an ALOKSAC. They are like ziploc bags on steriods. They are designed to go under water. I don't know about putting a camera in it (I have a hard case for that) but I have put my cell phone, cash, and AP's in one and swam and slid all day at TL and it stayed bone dry.

I get them from my local camping store. I assume if you google for them you can find them as well. The come in a number of sizes.

-dave

Upvote 0
Last year when we went, they told us the same thing about our room keys not to place them near a cell phone, but that confused me since I usually keep my card in the fold of my flip cell phone. I kept there anyways and I had no problems but dont yell at me if yours messes up.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

In a small zip-lock snack size bag, that I carry in my front cargo pocket, or left rear pocket. The size is just right, and being clear I can keep the fast passes on the other side. I carry my phone (when I carry it) in my left front pocket, that way they stay apart. I learned long ago about the key card and cell phone problems, as I use to travel a lot.

Upvote 0

csaribay

I'll echo what's been said before, keep your Guest IDs/Key to the World cards as far away from other magnetic objects and cell phones as possible. By avoiding this, you can easily avoid de-magnetizing your key. Although cast members have a way to allow you to use your card if it is de-magnetized (your Guest ID account number is on the bottom of the card itself), this process takes much longer, and the card is only easily replaced at your home resort.

As far as ways you should carry it, you have options. I generally carry Guest IDs just like credit cards, but you could carry it in a lanyard or other cases. I know some Disney resorts sell cases similar to this and I think it'd be an excellent way to keep your Guest IDs, Fast Passes and other necessities in order.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom