How to "gift" someone a hotel reservation ?

disneylad

A friend of mine wants to help his daughter pay for a future WDW trip.

She doesn't have anything scheduled yet, and would balk at getting cash.

He was thinking of giving her Disney Dollars but I said I didn't think they came in large denominations and wasn't sure you can use those to pay for a room.

I suggested he give her a pre-paid Disney Gift Card. Does anyone know if you can use those towards a room ?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions ? Do they offer resort gift cards ?

Thanks

Tiggerfanatic

The Dinsye Gift card would be the way to go. I'mn sure you can put any dollar amount on them that you want. Disney's not going to refuse to take your money, and once it's on a gift card, they get it one way or another!! And you can use them anywhere that takes credit cards, so they could be used to make/pay for a reservation.

Upvote 0

Philo

I'm not sure about the normal gift cards but for our honeymoon gift card (which Disney state is the same as normal gift card but with an increased maximum value), using it to pay for hotels was activley promoted.

Based on that I think a gift card would be the way to go.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Disney Gift Cards can hold up to $1500. (Never heard of a different limit on wedding-branded Disney gift cards).

You can get one through your lcoal Disney Store, but I believe they only have one or two designs avaialble. The WDW website recently started offereing 2 or 3 designs, but they charge a shipping fee for them.

Your best bet would be to order through the *Disneyland* website. (Gift cards are listed on the ticket sales page) They offer about a dozen designs (some of which change seasonally), and 2-day shipping is included for free.
The only drawback is that you're limited to pre-set $25, $50 and $100 denominations. But, you can always buy one of the cards at a lower value, and then bring it to your local Disney Store to put additional money onto the card (up to the $1500 limit).

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I agree, I think that the Disney Gift card is a great idea!!! If she books online through Disney's site, it even gives you the option to pay with the Diseny gift card.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom