How to get to Boardwalk

nibblesandbits

I am staying at Pop Century and will be going from Pop Century to the Boardwalk. (My DH wants to eat at ESPN). What is the best way to get there from my hotel?

tigsmom

I am staying at Pop Century and will be going from Pop Century to the Boardwalk. (My DH wants to eat at ESPN). What is the best way to get there from my hotel?

Do you have access to a car? Can you schedule this trip for an Epcot day? You could walk there from the International Gateway.

I'm sure somebody will have good directions for you.

Upvote 0

reptar77

There is no bus that goes strictly resort to resort. You can get to the boardwalk by taking the bus from any park to the boardwalk or DTD to the boardwalk.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Do you have access to a car? Can you schedule this trip for an Epcot day? You could walk there from the International Gateway.

I'm sure somebody will have good directions for you.

Nope...no access to a car. Just good old Disney transportation.

There is no bus that goes strictly resort to resort. You can get to the boardwalk by taking the bus from any park to the boardwalk or DTD to the boardwalk.

I was thinking the best way was DTD to boardwalk.

Idiot question of the day then...is there a specific bus stop for the Boardwalk or will I have to go to one of the resorts?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Nope...no access to a car. Just good old Disney transportation.

I was thinking the best way was DTD to boardwalk.

Idiot question of the day then...is there a specific bus stop for the Boardwalk or will I have to go to one of the resorts?

Car would be the quickest.

the boardwalk is right behind the Boardwalk Inn so use that bus, then walk thru the resort or the covered passageway. You could also take a bus to the YC/BC and walk around the lake (its a quick walk).

Upvote 0

Lauraldove29

:wave: Having just returned from a 12 day trip 10 days ago staying at the beach club i would have to tell you to do the following. we had a friend with us that was staying at the all star sports and we found the easiest thing to do and by far quickest thing, short of renting your own car was to take the bus to mgm studios and walk the 5-10 minute walk to the boardwalk from there. taking the bus to epcot is also an option, but the walk is much longer having to walk to epcot, scan threw the gate and walk clear to the back to international gateway over the bridge and to the left to get to the boardwalk. its just easier and less timje consuming to take the bus to mgm and walk to boardwalk from there. you could also take the boat of you did not want to walk and that could take around 20 minutes as they stop at both swan and dolphin resorts and then on to yatch and beach club were we stayed and the finally on to the boardwalk. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

coltow

There is no bus stop at EPCOT for Boardwalk.

My suggestion is go to MGM and take the boat, the walk is way longer than 5-10 minutes OR go to DTD and take bus. Do the reverse of either when leaving, or spend the few buck on a taxi if you're too tired.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The quickest Disney transportation route would be take the bus fro POP to MGM then either take the boat or walk to the Boardwalk. Generally rule of thumb with the boat is if it waiting for you or just pulling up take it otherwise it will be quicker to walk. Also another bit of transportation advice, never use DTD as a hub to go from resort to resort. (the exception maybe being PORS, FQ and SSR) With the route that the buses take to get to DTD it will always add at least 1/2 hour of travel time to any resort vs going to the nearest park then to the resort.

Upvote 0

coltow

Also another bit of transportation advice, never use DTD as a hub to go from resort to resort. (the exception maybe being PORS, FQ and SSR) With the route that the buses take to get to DTD it will always add at least 1/2 hour of travel time to any resort vs going to the nearest park then to the resort.
Thanks for that. We almost always go to a park when going to/from resorts. I had just thought that Boardwalk being closer to DTD than AK or MK it would be quicker.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

As someone else mentioned it would be an easy 5-10 min walk from the International Gateway(between France and England) at EPCOT. Just follow the path and where it splits go left for the Boardwalk and right for Beach & Yacht or Swan & Dolphin. Just a suggestion maybe try to squeeze it in at dinnertime after the dayt at Epcot and walk back for Illuminations.

Upvote 0

nbodyhome

As someone else mentioned it would be an easy 5-10 min walk from the International Gateway(between France and England) at EPCOT. Just follow the path and where it splits go left for the Boardwalk and right for Beach & Yacht or Swan & Dolphin. Just a suggestion maybe try to squeeze it in at dinnertime after the dayt at Epcot and walk back for Illuminations.

That is only if they are at Epcot to begin with. If you take the bus to Epcot, you have to walk through the park and then to the BW. That isn't a big deal to me, but the shortest route will be the bus to MGM and walk. The entire MGM to IG walk is only about a mile, approx. 20 minutes.

Denise

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

That is only if they are at Epcot to begin with. If you take the bus to Epcot, you have to walk through the park and then to the BW. That isn't a big deal to me, but the shortest route will be the bus to MGM and walk. The entire MGM to IG walk is only about a mile, approx. 20 minutes.

Denise
......I made it BOLD so you may see.

Upvote 0

toystoryma

I would also agree with taking the bus to MGM and then onto the boat... However if you dont want to waste an hour on transportation there I would spend the $10 to get a taxi. We were dining at Cape May in April and it was pouring and we had 3 kids with us (2 in strollers) we didnt want to do the long haul of walking thru Epcot or going on the boat to MGM, so we hailed a cab and it was $10 for the five us us to get to POP.. Much worth it imo...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom