How to get Dining Plan

rshell68

Okay, I feel really stupid having to ask this but I just can't wrap my head around it for some reason....

Going to Disney in March. We are going to rent DVC points. We were planning on buying AP's but we want to do the Dining Plan. If I am understaing what I'm reading correctly we have to buy at least a one day pass on the Magic Your Way so we can get the meal plan for the length of our stay.

I guess I need another cup of coffee this morning!

mousefan1972

Not exactly. It is true that when you book a MYW package and you want the dining plan, you must purchase at least a one day base ticket. There are also dining plan packages available to AP holders that does not require a ticket purchase.

However, you said you will be renting points, so you will not have a package booked through Disney but rather an arrangement with the DVC owner to rent his or her points. If you want the DDP, the DVC owner will add it to your reservation and you will pay for it at check-in.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Not exactly. It is true that when you book a MYW package and you want the dining plan, you must purchase at least a one day base ticket. There are also dining plan packages available to AP holders that does not require a ticket purchase.

However, you said you will be renting points, so you will not have a package booked through Disney but rather an arrangement with the DVC owner to rent his or her points. If you want the DDP, the DVC owner will add it to your reservation and you will pay for it at check-in.

This is exactly correct. DVC members must book their DDP through DVC. That means if you're renting points, the person you're renting from will need to call DVC and add the DDP to your reservation. You will pay with a CC at check-in.

Keep in mind that ALL persons staying in the DVC room MUST be on the same DDP, and they must ALL be on it.

Upvote 0

rshell68

Original Poster
Thanks so much for helping unwind my brain cramp!

So what you are telling me and what is slowly sinking in is DVC'ers can get the DDP without tickets. That is great. Have to keep that in mind as we are looking at maybe buying into the DVC.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Thanks so much for helping unwind my brain cramp!

So what you are telling me and what is slowly sinking in is DVC'ers can get the DDP without tickets. That is great. Have to keep that in mind as we are looking at maybe buying into the DVC.

Indeed. As long as you're staying in a Disney Resort, you can get the DDP.

And, you don't have to show proof of park admission to get the DDP, since many people have APs (like us). Even if you stayed at a non-DVC Resort, you could add on the Dining Plan for whatever price per night. There are many restaurants outside the parks, so there's no need to ensure that you will be touring the parks.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

And, you don't have to show proof of park admission to get the DDP, since many people have APs (like us). Even if you stayed at a non-DVC Resort, you could add on the Dining Plan for whatever price per night. There are many restaurants outside the parks, so there's no need to ensure that you will be touring the parks.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.

For people who are NOT Annual Passholders, they certainly DO need to buy park tickets.

But it's more than that. They must buy a PACKAGE. They can't get a room, then buy tickets at the local Disney Store, then order the DDP by "showing" their tickets. It simply doesn't work that way.

The DDP is not available as an a la carte option for the non-AP holder. For people without APs, they MUST book a package that includes the room, the DDP, and at least a 1-day base ticket (it can be any type of ticket, it's just that the minimum is the minimal ticket).

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.

For people who are NOT Annual Passholders, they certainly DO need to buy park tickets.

But it's more than that. They must buy a PACKAGE. They can't get a room, then buy tickets at the local Disney Store, then order the DDP by "showing" their tickets. It simply doesn't work that way.

The DDP is not available as an a la carte option for the non-AP holder. For people without APs, they MUST book a package that includes the room, the DDP, and at least a 1-day base ticket (it can be any type of ticket, it's just that the minimum is the minimal ticket).

Ha! Yeah....I could have worded that a LOT better. I was on the phone at work while trying to hurry up and finish my post. It sounded a lot better in my head than it does now.

You're right.....if you don't have an AP, you DO have to have a MYW package (i.e. ticket) to get a DDP of any kind. I was trying to say that, but now that I re-read it, that's not how it came out at all! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom