How to create full MDE accounts for family managed by me.

kbmb

Original Poster
I am the only person in my family that has a full Disney account and login. My wife and 2 kids are just profiles that are managed by me.

Is there a way to have each of them create a full account, so each can login? We obviously want the new accounts to be linked to the current profiles, so old Magicabands etc continue to work.

Thanks!

Attachments

• SCR-20230624-okpg.png
    SCR-20230624-okpg.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 72

nickys

Premium Member
Yes!

I’m just going to quote a previous post about the steps to take.

This is why I always suggest that every adult create their own MDE accounts, even if they likely will never log in again. It reduces the chances of problems or duplicate entries for the same person.

It sounds like you've got it covered, but for those who might be taking a look at this conversation with a similar problem:
1- Have each person create their own MDE accounts.
2- Go into *your* account, and for each listing of them go in and fill in their email to invite them to be friends.
3- Once they accept, any Bands, cards, etc associated with them will move over to their account and be under their control.
4-After each is connected with you they can then link to each other using the "mutual friends" feature.

As stated by the previous poster, the only account function that users can't do themselves is to move a "managed by" profile from being controlled by one person, to being controlled by another person. (Example, moving a child's profile from being controlled by Parent A to being controlled by Parent B) For that you have to call the Help Desk.

-Rob
Each person has to fully co-operate in the process for it to work! Specifically they have to tell you what email address they used to create their account and they have to reply to your invite to be friends.

And ideally they would all do the same for each other too, so that everyone is connected. It doesn’t matter if they don’t, it just affects who can book stuff for the others. So if only you invites the others to be friends then you will be the only person who can book G+ for all 4 of you.

kbmb

Original Poster
Yes!

I’m just going to quote a previous post about the steps to take.

Each person has to fully co-operate in the process for it to work! Specifically they have to tell you what email address they used to create their account and they have to reply to your invite to be friends.

And ideally they would all do the same for each other too, so that everyone is connected. It doesn’t matter if they don’t, it just affects who can book stuff for the others. So if only you invites the others to be friends then you will be the only person who can book G+ for all 4 of you.
This was awesome thank you! Worked perfectly!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom