How to cope with Post-Disney World trip blues?

hurry_back86

Original Poster
Just returned from my annual family trip to Disney World (been DVC members since 1998). Need suggestions on how to cope with the post-vacation blues. I'm really feeling them this time and I don't know why!! How do you cope?

DisneyDebNJ

Start planning the next one :)

That's the BEST advice!!! LOL Do it in detail..... pick your dates, plan to make ADRs at restaurants that you haven't been to before, every week, put a minute amount of money aside (like $5 or something) in a jar, for Disney *wild money* for next year. Last year, I had the blues so bad, the day after we got back from Disney, I booked for this year!!! I know how you feel!!! I started my Disney mad money, from change I found in the wash! LOL Even if it was a dime, in the jar it went, and to me, was towards a purchase at Disney!! Hang in there, next year will be here before you know it :wave:

Unfortunatly I think planning your next trip is the best way to cope.
I've also checked this site, gone to farmers markets for Disney stuff (found one that has disney pins), watched specials on tv about "the world", and read books like ones about hidden mickeys and such. And of course, talking to other addicts helps too.

I see you said its an annual trip. Lucky you! Is there something you havent done yet?

Write a trip report and post pics with it here on this site. You'd be surprised how good it feels to share your experiences and relive them with other Disney fans.

topgun6566

If possible, find a job in central Florida, move, and become an annual passholder. I turned down other jobs to take one 50 miles from wdw. I go whenever I have a free day or half day of work. However, that thrill of planning a trip and the countdown is now gone:( Embrace that countdown:)

Yodadudeman

Planning a new trip is always a good way to cope. Also, look back on the photos that you took from the trip before. Make a slideshow on a DVD, and have a night where you get together with your family and re-live your memories. Take a little time to soak in the trip you went on, and THEN make plans for your next trip.

hurry_back86

Original Poster
Thanks for the great ideas guys! Regarding the "plan your next trip" idea, we are planning to visit the World in December for a few days, so I guess I shouldn't be too down!

And to answer your question, SerenityinPA, I've pretty much seen everything as far as the attractions go, but there are plenty of restaurants I stiil need to dine in, as well as recreational activities I want to try. What I love about Disney is that there is always something new to do! Really looking forward to the new Fantasyland expansion. :sohappy:

HouCuseChickie

I agree with rebooking or start planning the next one immediately. I was hoping to get past the blues with our last trip by going in December...i.e. having the fun of the holidays to shift my focus from WDW, but if anything it- made it worse. I remember sitting there around Dec 20th being upset with my holiday lights (the Osborn lights can make your display feel pretty inferior)- pricing various ways to seriously upgrade my display this year. After realizing that it would cost me $3-5k to even come close to what I had in mind- I just started planning another trip to WDW :D - crazy how that's actually more kind to the wallet!!!

Walt Disney1955

Right now a potential trip to Disneyland in SoCal (never been there) is on the table for late March. It is just prior to my wife going back to work from mat leave. It isn't written in stone yet. I dream about it though.

As for me, I always compensate in different ways. I haven't been to WDW since March 2010. Since then I've been to other parks like Cedar Point (July 2010), King's Island (July 2011) and am probably going to hit Kennywood in late August. Nothing compares to Disney though and I know it, but it's nice to go to a park that meets half of my needs and at least I get a "fix" so to speak.

Other than that I try to hit entertaining things. Ballgames, haunted houses, every possible attraction associated with Halloween in my area and Niagara Falls. It doesn't quite fulfill me but you know "abscence makes the heart grow fonder right?"

GOT2SAMMIES

I watch Martin's videos and imagine i'm there

I go on youtube and watch ALL THE RIDE videos I can find...before I go and after I come back! I found one the other day with Walt explaining the Pirate of the Caribean ride to someone and how all the electronics work and how the AA were made..there was one of the Tiki room also... it was great

Florida

I had exams before i left to go to WDW so I didn't get so excited about going

It all piled up the day before I went.....

And I was home before I knew it ..... But now I can relax for the rest of the summer in 60*F in Dublin :)

GeoDonJac34

I think it would be great to have some kind of Disney club, a group of people you know, that love the world like we do, where you could get together and discuss past, or upcoming trips. You could even help each other with planning. There are certain people I know that every time we see each other, Disney is all we talk about. You feel like you could talk for hours.

JillC LI

Making a photo album helps me feel like the trip hasn't competely ended yet. But, yeah, planning your next trip, even in theory, is the only real help. I have a "theoretical trip" planned for December 2012!

irmonkey

Booking the next trip helps a little.

I usually spend a lot of time going through the thousands of pictures I took and fixing them up in Lightroom. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom