How to Contact the Front Desk

EdnaMode

Original Poster
We’re at Grand Floridian right now and I’m over in the parks. The front desk cast member asked me to call in a piece of information to them this morning around checkout time about our baggage handling for today. I was on hold with the consolidated front desk services for 35 when the call was disconnected on their end. Same thing happened with a second call after 32 minutes.

Is my only alternative to leave the park and go to the front desk or..... is there a way to text them?? I expected and planned for a short wait with this call because when we needed two more towels yesterday I was on hold for 20 minutes but this is a lot longer than I planned for, and a trip to the hotel right now is going to disrupt a lot of plans. 🤪

Any suggestions for ways to reach them are welcome!!

nickys

Premium Member
We’re at Grand Floridian right now and I’m over in the parks. The front desk cast member asked me to call in a piece of information to them this morning around checkout time about our baggage handling for today. I was on hold with the consolidated front desk services for 35 when the call was disconnected on their end. Same thing happened with a second call after 32 minutes.

Is my only alternative to leave the park and go to the front desk or..... is there a way to text them?? I expected and planned for a short wait with this call because when we needed two more towels yesterday I was on hold for 20 minutes but this is a lot longer than I planned for, and a trip to the hotel right now is going to disrupt a lot of plans. 🤪

Can you get to Guest Services relatively easily?

Is this the number you’re using? 407-824-3000

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I would go to guest relations at the park.

EdnaMode

Original Poster
Yes that’s the number I used. I’m headed to the closest resort to ask a live front desk agent to pass the message to GF.

(I’ve never been on hold for any hotel front desk employee before yesterday so I’m going on record that I’m super glad this isn’t anything urgent and I hope nobody else ever needs a Disney front desk cast member urgently if they are anywhere but AT the front desk. Even waiting 20 minutes to ask someone for a couple of clean dry towel for a shower when housekeeping is so limited is really....off.)

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

There is a Chat with Us feature in the My Disney Experience app, but I don't know if you will have any better experience with that.

Last month there were notices on MDE that Chat was not available. Today, I have not seen those notices, but I do not see it offered. CORRECTION: After I logged out, a CHAT NOW button appeared on my screen. I did not try it, so I don’t know whether it is automated.

Last edited:

rbb987

I've seen reports that when you call the "front desk," it's likely you will actually reach someone off-site at a call center far away from Orlando.

EdnaMode

Original Poster
It is a central call centre, but they are real Cast Members located on property.
Yes, once you get to the consolidated front desk phone bank (however long that takes) they are local cast members and very responsive and good about forwarding your message. My grievance here is that it's very difficult to get through to the front desk at your own hotel, something I think most people (including me) wouldn't accept at any other location. No one wants to wait 20 minutes to connect with someone just so you can ask for a towel when housekeeping doesn't proactively replace them each day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom