How to check Rehire Status/What's my rehire?

lostinthegrotto

Original Poster
Hello, I am desperately trying to figure out how I can find out my rehire status and if there is any way I can change it if it is No Rehire.

Back Story: I completed 2 College Programs at WDW and I must have ended on good terms because I got a seasonal position after I moved back home at my local Disney Store for the holidays. With being hired, I was working 2 jobs and going to school still. You could say I was busy but I didn't mind. A few weeks after I was hired, I came to realize that working for the store was not like it was in the parks. My manager was AWFUL, purposely excluded me and talked down to me. I tried to just ignore it and do my job, but the final straw was when I walked in on her and another cast member talking badly about me (cussing and all). So I talked to a few friends, and they suggested I stop showing up. I (very stupidly) took their advice because it was really messing with my mental health, and I didn't know how to go about talking to my managers superiors. I figured there was nothing I could do, and it was starting to affect my grades, which I could not have. Fast forward a few years later, I tried to apply to the WDW resort again, for a normal part time cashier position. Within days, I was immediately considered NLIC. I tried calling casting but can never get through.

Question: If I were to go casting, would I be able to find out? How...do I set up an apt? Do I go to a specific office? I have a really bad feeling that I'm on the no rehire status, and I understand that I made a huge mistake. But it was my only one. My college programs were perfect. I constantly got 4 keys cards. I never stole, I was great with the guests. I was young and stupid and messed up. Do you think I'm RR or NR? Is there anything that I can do at all? I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Best approach is to ask. If you’re on no-hire status, they’ll certainly let you know. Appealing your status is difficult if you’re status is no-hire, but no impossible.

lostinthegrotto

Original Poster
Best approach is to ask. If you’re on no-hire status, they’ll certainly let you know. Appealing your status is difficult if you’re status is no-hire, but no impossible.

Hello, I actually just found out my rehire status, I figured out a way to do so digging deep on some of the Disney forums website. The man said that I am Restricted Rehire, and that I'd be able to apply for any role. If I was being considered, the details would be discussed with my recruiter. He did not mention a time frame of when I could apply, just that I could. Do you have any recommendations for Restricted Rehire status?

I'm grateful that I'm not on the No Rehire list, but am eager to prove that I'm a good worker. I've had the same job for almost a year now. I'm a gymnastics coach and I work with kids every single day. I would not repeat my mistake again.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hello, I actually just found out my rehire status, I figured out a way to do so digging deep on some of the Disney forums website. The man said that I am Restricted Rehire, and that I'd be able to apply for any role. If I was being considered, the details would be discussed with my recruiter. He did not mention a time frame of when I could apply, just that I could. Do you have any recommendations for Restricted Rehire status?

I'm grateful that I'm not on the No Rehire list, but am eager to prove that I'm a good worker. I've had the same job for almost a year now. I'm a gymnastics coach and I work with kids every single day. I would not repeat my mistake again.
I can’t lie, I’m not 100% in how rehire works. I’d suggest talking with @mkt about it. He’s been there, done that. ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Provide at least one year of positive employment history with the same employer, show how you've grown and improved, and be apologetic for the reasons you were given restricted rehire over - even if they were completely justified.

Basically, prepare to kiss .

DekUravity

Hello, I am desperately trying to figure out how I can find out my rehire status and if there is any way I can change it if it is No Rehire.

Back Story: I completed 2 College Programs at WDW and I must have ended on good terms because I got a seasonal position after I moved back home at my local Disney Store for the holidays. With being hired, I was working 2 jobs and going to school still. You could say I was busy but I didn't mind. A few weeks after I was hired, I came to realize that working for the store was not like it was in the parks. My manager was AWFUL, purposely excluded me and talked down to me. I tried to just ignore it and do my job, but the final straw was when I walked in on her and another cast member talking badly about me (cussing and all). So I talked to a few friends, and they suggested I stop showing up. I (very stupidly) took their advice because it was really messing with my mental health, and I didn't know how to go about talking to my managers superiors. I figured there was nothing I could do, and it was starting to affect my grades, which I could not have. Fast forward a few years later, I tried to apply to the WDW resort again, for a normal part time cashier position. Within days, I was immediately considered NLIC. I tried calling casting but can never get through.

Question: If I were to go casting, would I be able to find out? How...do I set up an apt? Do I go to a specific office? I have a really bad feeling that I'm on the no rehire status, and I understand that I made a huge mistake. But it was my only one. My college programs were perfect. I constantly got 4 keys cards. I never stole, I was great with the guests. I was young and stupid and messed up. Do you think I'm RR or NR? Is there anything that I can do at all? I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
Speaking from experience when you abandon a job you are red flagged at any job sadly I’m sorry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom