How to best use VIP tour day

MSP-guy

Hello all!

Looking for some advice on how to play a VIP tour. We will visiting WDW on a Monday + Tuesday in January. We want to do MK, HS (esp. Star Wars), and maybe a little bit of AK (esp. Expedition Everest).

One of the two days, I'll also planning to book the VIP tour/service for the group. I see two options:

1) Do HS on our own Monday. Book VIP for MK+AK on Tuesday. And if for some reason HS didn't go well Monday, can maybe scrap AK and still get Star Wars done.

2) Do MK on our own on Monday. Book VIP for HS+AK on Tuesday. This gives us VIP for what I assume is the busiest thing (Star Wars).

I'm leaning towards #1 because (i) I feel like HS is easier to do on our own, because with our group if we hit Star Wars plus Tower of Terror plus maybe RRC, we'll be good, and (ii) might want to stay in MK for fireworks from VIP area, which I believe is a thing.

Any thought or advice from the group? Am I crazy to not use VIP for HS?

FYI group is about 7-8 people, no little kids (a few teenagers)

Thanks!

DisneyFanatic12

Hello all!

Looking for some advice on how to play a VIP tour. We will visiting WDW on a Monday + Tuesday in January. We want to do MK, HS (esp. Star Wars), and maybe a little bit of AK (esp. Expedition Everest).

One of the two days, I'll also planning to book the VIP tour/service for the group. I see two options:

1) Do HS on our own Monday. Book VIP for MK+AK on Tuesday. And if for some reason HS didn't go well Monday, can maybe scrap AK and still get Star Wars done.

2) Do MK on our own on Monday. Book VIP for HS+AK on Tuesday. This gives us VIP for what I assume is the busiest thing (Star Wars).

I'm leaning towards #1 because (i) I feel like HS is easier to do on our own, because with our group if we hit Star Wars plus Tower of Terror plus maybe RRC, we'll be good, and (ii) might want to stay in MK for fireworks from VIP area, which I believe is a thing.

Any thought or advice from the group? Am I crazy to not use VIP for HS?

FYI group is about 7-8 people, no little kids (a few teenagers)

Thanks!
If you visit Hollywood Studios for an entire day, you should be able to do everything fairly easily. Galexy’s Edge gets long wait times, but they will drop off dramatically at the end of the day usually. Just watch the wait times and do whichever lines fall off (sometimes Smugglers run is 90 minutes and RoR is 45 minutes, and then an hour later RoR is 100 minutes and Smuggler’s Run is 30 minutes). If you’re stuck at the middle of the day and need something to do, RoR is not a bad queue, and it can even be entertaining to walk through as long as the wait isn’t too far over an hour. Overall, I’d say that plan one is probably your best bet!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom