How tired are you on the day of arrival??

bsmartin2000

Here is my question: How tired are you on the first day of arrival. We need to be on our flight at 6AM and we arrive at MCO around 11:20. This is the first day I will have grandkids with us, age 5 and 1. Normally when we arrive we are ready to go go go! Not sure if I should do an ADR for later that evening or just eat at the resort? What do you do?:rolleyes:

Todd L

We usally Take a 6:00 a.m. flight to which for us means out of bed at 3-330 the latest.

We have two kids an 18 year old and a 7 year old...they are usally raring to go and have tons of enery But I remember them being younger and It was rough on them sometimes.

This year we arent getting up until 7 or 8 a.m. and are hoping we can have more stamina on day one....well see how it goes. Good luck!!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

We arrive early and check in sometimes our room is ready sometimes not. We are too excited and want to do something but don't want to hit the parks yet. We go to downtown Disney and have dinner reservations there. I get all my shopping done so I won't be bothered with it daily. Can send all the packages back to the room and only have to pick them up at the resort once the next day. Prices are the same DTD and the parks. When I do hit the parks I can just have a great time.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We have done it both ways, off the plane, checked in, and off to the parks for ADRs. I have to say that by the time we get up to drive two hours to get to the airport at opening at 5 am. Wait for boarding, get on the plane, finally get to WDW, off the plane, ME, and finally checked it I find that I am not really ready to go straight to the parks.
Now that we drive down with or without the RV it really depends on what time we get checked in at FWC. Usually, getting camp set up is at least an hour after getting to our site. We like to just take it easy, hang out, go to DTD for the evening and have fish for dinner at Cooke's of Dublin. Finish the day on the beach watching Wishes fireworks and then the ELP.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We usually get to our resort between 1-2 pm. After a quick room check and pit stop we are on the monorail to the magic Kingdom from about 2;30 to 5pm, back to the room to check on bags, freshen up and then out to dinner and a eithr more MK or some Epcot we get back to the room about 10pm and my wife will crash but my son and I will tour aound our resort and the other monorail resorts for about and hour before we go back and crash. So to answer the question not at all.

Upvote 0

ThankstoMOM

We drive over 2 hours to get to the airport and have to be there 3 hours before take off,then it's a 9 hour flight,and a 1 hour coach trip from Sanford to Disney.So after being on the go for well over 15 hours,when we arrive at our magical destination,are we tired.? Like Hell we're not.I'll do all my sleeping when I'am gone. When I arrive it's Rock n Roll time with Mickey & Co.;)
Dawm right Hatter!!!! Now thats how it's done!!!

Upvote 0

Le Twins Day

In the Parks
No
Cast your minds back to May 2010 and Eyjafjallajökull (the icelandic volcano that caused so much travel chaos) we awoke at 4am, taxi for airport at 5am, check in and wait for 8am flight to Dublin, arrive 9am and then the problems started! Due to leave at 12 Midday but due to aformentioned volcano then a 2 hour delay, take off at 2pm and we go the long way round - down over Portugal, out to the Azores and then back up towards Newfoundland and then down the East Coast of USA , finally arriving into Orlando international at 1.00am Sunday (GMT as still awake all 4 of us including 3 year old twins), 2.00am eventually clear US customs and board DME, 3.00am arrive Pop Century, 3.30am in the room, and 3.32am fast asleep :) a total 23 hours and 32 minutes since waking up and we thought better of visiting the parks :)

Upvote 0

bethymouse

We have always driven 14 hours ( thinking about flying this year). My hubby "crashes" and is quite mean if he doesn't get in a "nappy-pooh". Me- I am hyped! We get on our bathing suits ( boys and I) and jump in the pool! Daddy joins us later, and then we eat a quick service meal at the resort/explore the resort a bit/shop. We hit the parks early AM the next day!:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom