How Strict is A.A.?

Killnme

We are staying at the Art of Animation in a Nemo Suite for my daughter's 9th birthday coming up in April. I was wondering how strict they are about bringing in outside food and drink? I figured with a kitchenette I could put about a 12 pack of beer in the fridge and save myself from buying the over priced beer. So do you think Disney pays that much attention to what people are bringing in or should I be good to go?

Thanks and Hakuna Matata!

Phonedave

The Parks no longer care if you bring in outside food. I have brought it many different kinds of foods and snacks, they go through your stuff and wish you a magical day.

• You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:
    • Wagons
    • Skateboards
    • Scooters
    • Inline skates
    • Shoes with built-in wheels
    • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
    • Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.
    • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
    • Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Weapons of any kind
  • Folding chairs
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
  • Pets (unless they are service animals)
  • Balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals

So you cannot load up your cooler with glass bottles of beer and tow it behind your ECV.

Other than that you are good to go.

-dave

Upvote 0

Lightning McQueen

• You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:
    • Wagons
    • Skateboards
    • Scooters
    • Inline skates
    • Shoes with built-in wheels
    • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
    • Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.
    • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
    • Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Weapons of any kind
  • Folding chairs
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
  • Pets (unless they are service animals)
  • Balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals
So you cannot load up your cooler with glass bottles of beer and tow it behind your ECV.

Other than that you are good to go.

-dave
Is there anywhere I can leave my wagon at the entrance to the theme parks?:)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Out of curiosity when did they care? I'm just wondering if I was lucky for a time. Once, when taking a trip that was just me and my 2 year old daughter, I went through airport security with an 8 pack of juice boxes in the bottom of my backpack. Only after making it through, did I learn that 3 ounces of liquid was the max.

*waits for name to be put on possible terrorist list*
I think it was in the 70's and maybe as late as the early 80's.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom