How soon until....

tiggerguy2000

Original Poster
How soon until a regular buffet dinner will cost $40.00 per person minus drinks ?
I have seen the prices rise over the years and with the price change for holidays the cost might have already reached that plato.I know Spirit of Aloha,hoop-dee-doo and other dinners like that are well over that.

Prince-1

I believe it's not that far from crossing that price point. There are some good buffet's (Boma, Ohana, Crystal Palace) but none of them are really worth it. If it does hit $40 it's Casey's Hot dogs for me.

erasure fan1

I believe it's not that far from crossing that price point. There are some good buffet's (Boma, Ohana, Crystal Palace) but none of them are really worth it. If it does hit $40 it's Casey's Hot dogs for me.
I agree. I love Ohana but it won't take to much more of a price hike to say forget it. I am kind of done with buffets anyway for this reason. We went to breakfast at Olivia's at old key west and I had an omelet with their breakfast potatoes. It was under $10 and better than any of the buffets we have eaten at. Personally I would rather order one good item than have a bunch of mediocre ones, especially with buffet prices.

olinecoach61

We eat at a lot of buffets while we are in the world because of the character interactions. To me it's worth it to get all those characters I one spot while eating in AC. Plus we are usually on the dining plan so the true cost is kinda hidden.

Sumrdog

We have been getting the TIW card which knocks 20% off the cost of food and drinks including alcoholic. So that helps with the sticker shock of the buffets. But the convenience can't be beat especially when we have tired hungry children and we can just walk up and get them whatever looks good. Sometimes the convenience of that is worth the extra cost...sometimes.

disneysince71

We just had to change our planning to only one ADR per day.... It keeps the costs down and we can eat one really great meal and do not have to feel like we are always on a schedule... ;)

Pooh Lover

We eat at a lot of buffets while we are in the world because of the character interactions. To me it's worth it to get all those characters I one spot while eating in AC. Plus we are usually on the dining plan so the true cost is kinda hidden.
It will be very interesting to see how these places fare if free dining ever becomes a thing of the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom