How soon to make reservations?

MelessaG

I think this is only my second post here, and I have a question. We are planning our 4th WDW trip for Nov. 26th-Dec. 4th. My parents are members of the Marriot Vacation Club, so we will be staying with them at Horizons from the 26th-30th, then DH, the kids, and I want to move over to the Contemporary for the rest of the trip. How soon shold we make our ressies? I was planning on waiting until a discount code appeared on mousesavers.com, but from reading here and in a few other forums I see that many planning trips during our same travel dates have already made their reservations. Right now, disney.com is giving me a rate of $266 per night before taxes. Should I go ahead and reserve now and hope I can apply a discount code later? This will be our first stay and Disney property and I really don't want to try and book later if we won't get a room. On the other hand, I would prefer to pay less than $266 per night if possible.

Thanks!
Melessa

Grumpy56

You can go ahead and book, especially if your heart is set on the Contempory, you can always cancel and rebook with a discount code when it comes out.

Welcome to the Boards!

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Well - you can make life REALLY easy! :) I checked out www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and hooked up with them last year. Once you book and put down your deposit, they'll check every 45 days before your trip to see if you qualify for any current discounts! When all was said and done, 4 of us, in 2 rooms, for 6 nights, including passes, paid about $500 a person and the CBR! We also went during the same time frame last year. I'll get a quote for this year from them as well. :) It's worth looking into and saves you the hassle of waiting around for a code to come up.

Have a blast and see you there! DH and I celebrate our anniversary (12/1) by going to WDW every year during that week!
~J. Darling

Upvote 0

dlfan1313

I booked my trip last year before the Fairytale packages were announced. When I called them about changing my reservation there was no problem at all. I added a night and upgraded my room category and paid less then I would have. I have no idea what Disney's official policy but I had no problems in making the change.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I would book your room now. You can always re-book it for the discounted price. I do this for my clients constantly. I am always looking for the discount.:lol: I usually get them a day or two before mousesavers posts them. If you need help with your plans, I am the travel sponsor on the forums and I would love to help you.

Pam

Upvote 0

MelessaG

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the welcome and all the advice. It would probably be best for me to use a travel service because while I mentioned I was taking my four kids on the trip, I didn't mention that #4 wasn't even coming until the end of May. I have a feeling a couple of months will go by after that when I don't have a lot of time to look for discount codes myself. This baby will follow in its older siblings' footsteps and have its first WDW trip at about 6 mos. old. It may not be the best age for child to visit the parks, but it sure is easier for Mom than when they are 18 mos.-2 yrs.
Again, I appreciate all the input. My older kids and I are already excited.

Melessa:animwink:

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Congradulations!

Great to hear about #4! :)

Pam is great to work with and knows a TON about the parks! :) Plan early! :)

You know, if I were in your shoes, I'd take my little ones young too! :) Just as long as they are all having fun!
~J. Darling

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

You should book now. I heard someone on another board say they called to make ressies at ft. wilderness and they were sold out for the 2 weeks surrounding christmas already. -Steph

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

We will be going in December 2004. I made our reservations in September 2003.

Changing reservations has never been a problem for me. We were going to stay at the WL, I called and switched to CBR and told them that I wanted to book flights later, they said no problem, just call when the trip is under 331 days away.

I say make your reservations and if you have to change them, WDW will help you.

Good luck and enjoy

Upvote 0

MelessaG

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice, we are now booked at the Contemporary. Woo Hoo! I'm staying on-site AND at a monorail resort. My kids aren't as excited as I am about this. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom