How Smoky IS IT?????

emsmom1822

Original Poster
We are arriving at Disneyworld on May 15 to celebrate 35 years of marriage and my daughter obtaining her Master's Degree. But now I am very upset reading about the smoke from the fires as my daughter does have asthma.
Is the smoke bad enough that it is going to hurt your lungs forever? Are people wearing masks? I don't want to end up getting a horrible disease. Is this going to ruin our trip? Do they have any idea when the smoke will clear?

I would appreciate any updates on this matter.:shrug:

toadh63

It's bad today, but not as bad as yesterday. They just came over the NOAA radio that 75 and 10 are closed up in Lake City due to fire/smoke (Saturday at 3pm EDT).

Washed the car Thursday, and by yesterday after work it had a nice coat of ash. The state EOC says they're slowly getting the fires under control, and Georgia says the same thing. We're all hoping for rain (supposed to be a 30% chance through Tuesday) - that would solve the problem right away.

Don't cancel anything yet. If it rains, or the wind starts coming from the west, everything will be A-OK, even with your daughter's asthma. Glad you weren't down here this week - we've been under "stay indoors" warnings since Tuesday. Have a safe trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom