How often do you visit Universal?

Slippin' Falls

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I'll be heading down to Orlando for the eighth time summer and I can't wait. :sohappy: Everytime I have traveled to Orlando I go to the four Disney parks and both Universal parks. I have never been to Orlando and skipped Universal. There is just something to it that I love. Although I do not think it reaches the level of Disney, I still think that these are high quality parks and probably even the best theme parks after Disney.

I know not everyone here loves Universal, but I think that their theming, shows, and rides are great. I was curious to know how many of you guys visit Universal. For me, a trip to Orlando without a trip to Universal/IOA would not be complete. I think that it is a great bonus to visiting Orlando. Don't get me wrong though, I still believe that the WDW parks are superior. I would continue to go to Orlando if Universal/IOA were not there so I could visit WDW, but I would probably not head from NJ to Orlando just to visit Universal/IOA.

drp4video

We always go to the four disney parks and at least one of the Universal parks...usually Islands of adventure...sometimes we do both

Braves323

I live on the West Coast of FL and typically go to Disney about a dozen times a year and may go to Univeral once every few years. I have never been to IOA but the thrill rides are not my thing. I think the quality is not the same although it has improved tremendously since the park first opened. The employees at WDW are first rate.

coasterphil

I've been to Universal 3 times, and Disney 4. Universal trips usually go along with our Florida beach trips, while Disney is its own vacation.

TimonRulz

I have went to Disney the past three years and every time I go down to Disney, I go to Universal also. A week at Disney and between 3-5 days at Universal. We chill at the Hard Rock pool a lot and I really enjoy the Universal Express front of the line thing. I still love Disney though. There is so much there to do. I usually ride all the rides at Universal in half a day. Fun to eat at Hard Rock, Margaritaville and NBA City.

MissM

Last time I went to Universal was before Islands of Adventure was open. So... like ten years ago or so. I went to one Horror Night and hated it (5 hour lines for a haunted house?? Obnoxious teens being loud and pushing into you? No thanks.) so I never went back.

I have a freebie ticket to go that expires this month so I'll probably go out just for the heck of it. But, generally...eh. I rather go to Disney. Both are an hour and a half drive away for me.
-m

stingrock23

Whenever I go to Orlando, I always set aside 2 days for universal, the rest for Disney. On my last trip, i saved a day for busch gardens in tampa

mojolu

MissM said:
Last time I went to Universal was before Islands of Adventure was open. So... like ten years ago or so. I went to one Horror Night and hated it (5 hour lines for a haunted house?? Obnoxious teens being loud and pushing into you? No thanks.) so I never went back.

I doubt there was a 5 hour line for a haunted house.. what did the wait time read? 300 minutes?

typhoonguy

could have been

mojolu said:
I doubt there was a 5 hour line for a haunted house.. what did the wait time read? 300 minutes?

Actually last year the one at the bottom of the Dinosaur Museum thing (body factory or something? the one with the body bags hanging everywhere) had a 280 minute wait at one point in time.

JROK

typhoonguy said:
Actually last year the one at the bottom of the Dinosaur Museum thing (body factory or something? the one with the body bags hanging everywhere) had a 280 minute wait at one point in time.

I'll believe it when I see it... I have worked HHN the past three years and attended since 1992 (missing 4 out of 15 years) and have never seen or heard of such thing... I've never seen anything over 180 minutes... and last year the crowds weren't too bad and were the lowest since the move to IOA...

AndyP

We visit both Universal parks every trip to Florida, we also spend time in CityWalk and we ALWAYS go the Hard Rock Cafe :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom