How much???

Katherine

I was wondering how much does it cost for lets say 3-4 people to go to disney world? We'll probably drive and meals we'll count seperately(how much though?). Any help will be wonderful.

CREEKWAYNE

Originally posted by Katherine
I was wondering how much does it cost for lets say 3-4 people to go to disney world? We'll probably drive and meals we'll count seperately(how much though?). Any help will be wonderful.

Hi Katherine!:wave: Some of this depends on the ages of the people,length of stay,time of year and if you get any codes for a discount.

3,825 minutes and counting:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Katherine

Original Poster
Hi sorry I They will probably all be adults and we will be going during the peak season. We'll probably be there for about a week(7 days)and I want to try and stay at CBR or Corando Springs. Thanks for any info!

Upvote 0

dopey

My rule of thumb for 2 adults, 2 kids is that you'll spend an average of at least $1,000 a day when you add up all the expenses -- air, lodging, transportation, parking, food, souvenirs, etc. And I'm talking the cheap end of things, like staying at an All-Star Resort and flying down on ATA.

So, with your situation, Katherine -- 4 adults driving down and staying at a moderate resort, it might be roughly $1,500 to $2,000 a day.

There are so many variables, though. Are you going to eat at places like Victoria & Albert's for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day? Is anyone a crazy pin trader or souvenir hunter? Are you buying your park tickets separately from your room reservation or are you getting a package deal?

I guess the answer is that it's different for everyone. Depends on how much you're willing to spend.

Upvote 0

Crazy4Mickey

What are you looking for? Moderate, value, deluxe resort? Park Hopper Passes, Park Hopper Plus, Ultimate Park Hopper? What are you looking for in restaurants/snack shops? And, of course, leave yourself enough for souvenirs!! Give us some more info and we'll fill you in on the rest. It would probably benefit you to read Birnbaum's book. It breaks down all the info for you! Good luck! :wave: :wave:

Upvote 0

frazierle

Check out mousesavers.com for discounts and sorts. Explains some of the pros and cons of doing certain things. As for the grub its about $7-$8 per person for counter service (burgers, fries, coke) and depending on the resturant and time of day sit down service is probably from $15-$30 per person. They are much more expensive places to eat, but this is sort of the rule of thumb we use. Bottled coke and water will run you $2.50ea at the parks. Gifts and such just remember your at Disney and its not Wal-Mart.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, driving from Ohio in your own vehicle you can stop before you get to the resort and pick up breakfast and snack items for in the room(s). Buy the resort mugs and take advantage of those refills.

We went with a total of 8 in our groop..3 adults and we didn't spend anywhere near $1,000 per day even factoring in hotel, park pass, etc. etc. etc.

If you want full luxury it would cost you that or more. If you are willing to save on some things..eat late lunches ...nearly the same menu as dinner just cheaper....then have a hamburger etc for dinner.

watch for codes and buy your park passes now if you can..even if you buy one at a time..it will ease the burden later on..so you have more cash for souvineers..photos!

I also recommend the guide books..they are extremely helpful~

Upvote 0

kennyj29

I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU FIGURED $2000.00 @ DAY. IN THE YEAR 2000 FOUR ADULTS DECIDED WE WOULD GO IN STYLE. WE STAYED AT THE POLYNESIAN FOR 12 NIGHTS, WE HAD THE DISCOVERY MAGIC PLAN SO THE FOOD AND TIPS WERE INCLUDED, WE RENTED A CAR, WE WENT TO UNIVERSAL TWICE AND SEAWORLD ONCE. I MEAN WE DID EVERYTHING UP GRAND. IT COST US WITH AIRFARE 10,000.00 FOR THE 12 NIGHTS. THE ONLY THING WE SPENT MONEY FOR WAS SOUVEIGNERS AND GAS. SO EVEN WITH ALL THE SOUVENERS AND GAS IT DIDN'T COME TO $1000.00 A DAY FOR 4 ADULTS. IF YOU WANT TO GO CHEAPER YOU CAN!!!! THE CBR IS A LOVELY MODERATE HOTEL AND THE ALL STARS WERE GREAT WHEN WE WENT FOR THE SUPER BOWL WEEKEND. THE COST OF FOOD IS HIGH, EVEN FOR FAST FOOD SO DEFINITLEY MAKE SURE YOU GIVE YOURSELF MONEY FOR THAT. THE ONE THING WE HAVE FOUND OUT IS YOU ONLY NEED TO EAT TWO MEALS A DAY, FOR SOME REASON LUNCH IS NEVER A FACTOR!!!!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by dopey
My rule of thumb for 2 adults, 2 kids is that you'll spend an average of at least $1,000 a day when you add up all the expenses -- air, lodging, transportation, parking, food, souvenirs, etc. And I'm talking the cheap end of things, like staying at an All-Star Resort and flying down on ATA.
Either maths isn't your strong point or you do WDW in style !!!!

We're doing 14 days (in April) with 3 adults and 2 teenagers, staying offsite in a villa, 10 day WDW hopper passes, Discovery Cove dolphin swim (inc Seaworld admission), Flights from the UK, Car hire (inc Insurance packages)
At a ROUGH estimate it has cost us £5,500 (about $8,000 at current exchange rates). OK so this doesn't include food, drink and souvenirs but we won't be spending £4,000 ($6,000) on those AND we'll be having a bl**dy good time !!!!!!

Upvote 0

CREEKWAYNE

Hi sorry I They will probably all be adults and we will be going during the peak season. We'll probably be there for about a week(7 days)and I want to try and stay at CBR or Corando Springs. Thanks for any info!

Well let me give this a shot.....peak season at those resorts are around 180-200ish per night. Air lines vary but around me you can get 118/person through Southeast Airlines. If they are not available. There are alot of 150.00/person tickets out there. Single day tickets run you around 50.00 or you can get something like a 7 day hopper pass that will run you around 300.00/person.
For discounts,etc. Try Kingdom Kunsultant who also is a sponsor of wdwmagic and is on here all the time and mousesavers.com. Hope this helps some...

2,802 minutes and counting...:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Melora

Howdy

We are going next week.. we have 2 adults.. 2 teenageres (adults!) one kid and a 2 year old who we are buying a seat on the plane for.

We are staying for 7 nights at a 2 bedroom at old key west resort with park hopper passes for 5. The trip cost about $5000 then add airfare from California for about $250 per person. That does not include food or souveneirs but when we go we figure to spend about another $1000.

9 Days and counting!

Upvote 0

Mitzer

I agree with others that you can do Disney affordably, but you have to work at it. Sure you could just call and book something, but then you pay full price. Try mousesavers.com and wdwig.com. They are both great sites for information. Also, as CreekWayne stated Pam (Kingdom Konsultants) knows alot about how to do Disney and get the best deals. You just need to do some research. It will all depend on when you go (peak or offpeak season), what type tickets or passes you want, where you want to stay. You can do Disney on a tight budget or go first class...I have done it either way. If this is your only trip you will be making, then you might want to look at an all inclusive package like the Discover Magic. We did that one for three adults, 4 nights/5 days at the YC two years ago (second week of Dec) and with everything included it was only 2100.00...with a Disney Club Discount. You just have to read, call Disney and keep on top of it. We make our reservations and change it multiple times before we get there, always looking for that better deal...and usually it will come along. Good luck

Upvote 0

crazyquackers

Rented a House

With members of my immediate family I rented a 6 bedroom "executive" style house (heated pool, hot tub, etc.) for 3 weeks from Dec 21, 2002 to Jan 11, 2003 and it cost less than $3500. We were minutes away from WDW and enjoyed a private, yet luxurious setting. Obviously, a smaller house would cost less, and when you split the expense the value to luxury ratio is very high.

Even buying annual passes and eating at the parks every day the expense for 3 weeks for my wife and 2 kids was under $5000.

Upvote 0

celticdog

WOW, Ya'll spend alot of money.

We did CBR in September (1999) for 7 nights, 2 adults, LOS passes, food and drink, soveniers, gas (because we drove), plus we did Christmas shopping. Together the two of us spent a grand total of $2800.

Now granted room prices and ticket prices have gone up. There has been approximately a 10% increase over the past few years. That would only add $280 to the total price. And that's still pretty cost effective.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Katherine I agree with CelticDog..although I tend to prefer to have my extra money for in the parks..meals, photos, souvineers things like that you know.

Several of the guide books have recommended guides on costs for Disney so you might do best looking at those and then deciding what is really important to you. Example: do you want to eat sit down meals like steaks or more family meals? simple foods for quick bites or are you going for "the dining experience"

We tend to eat one meal in the park..unless we do the character breakfasts, then we eat a late lunch..of course we do buy drinks, snacks things like that.

Upvote 0

Katherine

Original Poster
Ok it seems at this point(I'm planning this for me and some of my friends to go down like in 3-4 years) I'll probably want to stay at an All Star Resort, which one is the best themed and most comfortable? Also we might do one or two character meals but the rest will be snacks and in the park(mostly vendors).

I'm also guessing that I'll leave the souvenires for my friends to buy so that can be factored out. I'll probably pay for the character meals. THey'll probably pay for the rest of their meals, though. We'll probably only need the normal Park Hopper but I haven't decided if we should go Plus or not.

Upvote 0

dopey

Six days, five nights at WDW for 2 adults, 2 kids (between the ages of 3 and 9) in peak season:

Air fare from Chicago to Orlando (from ATA.com, a discount carrier): $1,860.00

Room-only reservation at one of the All-Star Resorts (discount rate of $84 a night plus 12.5% tax): $470.40

5-day Park Hopper Passes (discount for advance purchase): $831.58

Ground transportation between Orlando Int'l. and resort: $100

Parking at airport in Chicago: $60

Food (assumes $50 a day per person because you're eating out for breakfast, lunch and dinner): $1,000

Souvenirs: $500

Tips for resort CMs (room attendants, bellhops): $75

Total: $4,896.98

$4,896.98 is nearly $1,000 a day.

Upvote 0

kdblue165

Ok it seems at this point(I'm planning this for me and some of my friends to go down like in 3-4 years) I'll probably want to stay at an All Star Resort, which one is the best themed and most comfortable? Also we might do one or two character meals but the rest will be snacks and in the park(mostly vendors).

I'm also guessing that I'll leave the souvenires for my friends to buy so that can be factored out. I'll probably pay for the character meals. THey'll probably pay for the rest of their meals, though. We'll probably only need the normal Park Hopper but I haven't decided if we should go Plus or not.

Katherine - I am an All-Stars veteran, having stayed at all 3 of them. The Movies is newest and has, IMHO, the best theming for travel with kids. For those 2 reasons, it is also the HARDEST to book, especially if you want to try any discounts! (It also has the longest lines for buses & is the last pickup, so many buses are nearly full by the time they get there)

Sports is fun, so is music! There are photo galleries of each on the WDW website that you can check out. As far as the rooms, they are pretty much identical in all 3.

To add to another person's post, you can save some SERIOUS cash by eating only 2 meals/day. Have a hearty breakfast (the hotel food court is pretty good for this, unless characters are your thing...) Then plan to eat 'dinner' around 3:00 or 4:00 pm. You can get good meals at some of the sit-down places and still pay lunch menu prices.

Have a GREAT trip!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom