How much would you pay????

MickeyLuv'r

Thank You,. FINALLY!

I'm thanking you not because you pretty much agree with me but you actually answered the question. You are the first.
Cheers!

I partly avoided a direct answer because I don't see WDW ever offering this for a single fixed price, when park ticket prices vary day to day. If WDW ever offered this exact offer, the price would surely be date/season based.
That said, Disney currently DOES offer something similar to what you propose, a club level resort stay with deluxe Dining plan, and the extra FP deal, which I discussed.

Second, it is hard to answer, because I don't see how WDW could possibly offer your number 5 and 6:
5) all rides and attractions are operational with nothing exceeding 20 minute wait.

6) no intentional wasting of food. No ordering a a full meal and taking 2 bites at every sit-down. A reasonable and good faith attempt not to overly waste. If you puke out your 3rd Bass Ale because you drank too much, fine......you're on solid ground.

Disney would just NEVER offer #5 as you propose. Simply, WDW rides have breakdowns.

They also would never enforce your #6.

Disney current CL+ extra FP+ DDP is roughly like what you propose, and the price is highly variable.

The days of fixed park ticket prices are gone.

correcaminos

While there are a couple of restaurants are good there, I do not go to Epcot (or just Disney as a whole) for food. I like my ham and cheese croissant at Les Halles. The brei fondue at Spice Road is excellent. Along with a few other things. But nothing large really and definitely not the type to just eat a ton in a day anyway. So I'd not be willing to pay any realistic price as the amount I eat OOP would always be less.

DisAl

Inspired by fantasy08's discussion about the whether Epcot Showcase food is included with park tickets or not.......

How much would you pay for unlimited food and drinks at Epcot?
Effectively a park wide buffet of unlimited sit-down and counter services from crepes in France to beers in Germany to steak in Canada.
So if it's your thing you could eat 5 lbs of lamb sitting down for 3 hours in Morroco, puke it out and head over to UK for a fish and chip quickie.

Stipulations:
1)ordinary park hours apply 9am to 9pm with Showcase opening at
its usual 11am

2)crowds are as such that you do not need reservations for any sit-down.....there's a table waiting for you.

3) expensive/high roller type drinks do not apply. You don't get to tank 750ml worth of Johnnie Walker Blue all day or $50+ glasses of wine.....just typical beers, margaritas and lower caliber wines and shots are offered as much as you can drink, of course

4) no tipping........Epcot entry ticket is the one and only payment you make.

5) all rides and attractions are operational with nothing exceeding 20 minute wait.

6) no intentional wasting of food. No ordering a a full meal and taking 2 bites at every sit-down. A reasonable and good faith attempt not to overly waste. If you puke out your 3rd Bass Ale because you drank too much, fine......you're on solid ground.

I'd pay $375 for a ticket.....maybe $400
It doesn't matter since #2 and #5 will never happen.
Also the price would need to include an ECV since you would not be able to walk after about the 3rd stop......

awoogala

I'd like it better than the meal plans if it actually worked for us.
We often will take a day to let our teens go do whatever rides they want, while the husband and I sit in the wine bar, or spice road, and we love to do chips and dips + a few good margaritas at la cava del tequila and just have drinks and apps.
I can easily spend $150+ at tutto gusto with some good wines, but I'd be worried this wouldn't include the good wines, or the good margaritas!
If they included those places, and the good drinks, I suppose we'd have to do the math...
2 trips to apps+drinks= $250 ish for us (brunch and late lunch)
if we added one more apps + drinks (because if we paid that, it would be the one day I didn't just eat a protein bar for breakfast in my hotel)"
another 100 ish? (probably overestimating.)
so, it would have to be under $350/400 for me to consider it, I guess.

Now, if everyone had to be on the plan, it's useless. My teens are happy with a pretzel, and don't drink alcohol.

We don't eat a ton, but we can rack up expensive drinks easily. lol

Honestly, I probably wouldn't do it, though- I hate meal plans and such, because it always has some annoying restrictions about what you can and can't have. (meals for each person, vs. sharing apps, desserts we don't eat, this chardonnay is included, but not a sparkling wine, etc.)

HongKongFu

Original Poster
I would pay nothing.
If I want to try food/drinks I buy what I want to

So for unlimited Alcohol and any sit-down and any cart, counter or food kiosk with unlimited food for 12 hrs you would pay nothing.... not even $2.

And you would pay something(which is obviously more than nothing) for your terribly limited/ finite food and drinks.

Got it 👍
Your use of money as a resource impresses me.

HongKongFu

Original Poster
I would never do this. I have no interest in subsidizing other peoples’ eating. And I would never eat enough to justify the cost.

What cost are you talking about?????
I never set a price on my hypothetical.

I'm asking what is the value to you for such an arrangement. What is the most YOU would pay?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
So for unlimited Alcohol and any sit-down and any cart, counter or food kiosk with unlimited food for 12 hrs you would pay nothing.... not even $2.

And you would pay something(which is obviously more than nothing) for your terribly limited/ finite food and drinks.

Got it 👍
Your use of money as a resource impresses me.

We all know $2 is an unrealistic price so lets not act like we are 2 years old. Thanks.

HongKongFu

Original Poster
This exercise was never about the prospects of a realistic arrangement at EPCOt; it is a hypothetical to understand what a guest would pay. I guess you just couldn't handle such an question.

Shouldigo12

This exercise was never about the prospects of a realistic arrangement at EPCOt; it is a hypothetical to understand what a guest would pay. I guess you just couldn't handle such an question.
Why be so picky about what the "correct" way to answer the question is? Whether someone says they would only pay $2 for the unlimited food or nothing, the meaning is the same isn't it?

HongKongFu

Original Poster
Whether someone says they would only pay $2 for the unlimited food or nothing, the meaning is the same isn't it?

Yep, it would be more or less the same thing: a complete absurdity and intellectually dishonest

......especially since that person already admitted she would buy other foods and drinks which cost, well, you know money.....more money than 0.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom