How much would you pay????

Lilofan

NYE open bar with high end food at Cali Grill is going at $675 a person this year. So I'd guess this at Epcot would be about $575 at Disney Prices.

I'd think you could eat/drink all you really wanted and pay out of pocket for less than that.
$675 per person should come with silverware made of gold.

ppete1975

i think it would cause people to drink more and of course eat more (got to get my monies worth)
which would lead to more drunks... the cost of the alcohol cuts down the drunks that we already see in my opinion

Hockey89

I guess from your post you don't consider the menu there 'high end' food. I would imagine you'd agree it is at least on par with Epcot TS - which is what I was comparing it to.

Elegant Evening Under the Stars at California Grill
Ring in the New Year with an elegant toast, marvelous entertainment and a special appearance by some of your favorite Disney characters.
Take in a bubbling champagne toast in a setting inspired by the twinkling lights and lush greenery of California wine country. Be mesmerized by a slight of hand magician, or have an artist paint your portrait. Indulge in decadent delicacies as you mingle with a host of eccentric personalities. You might even spot or catch a glimpse of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy as they make a special appearance to celebrate the New Year!
Cap off the night with a dazzling rooftop view of the spectacular Magic Kingdom fireworks.
When and Where
December 31, 2019 at California Grill
  • Check-In: 7:00 PM
  • Event Time: 8:00 PM to 12:30 AM
Price
$675 per person, tax and gratuity included
Dress to Impress

To preserve the elegant ambiance of this festive gathering, you are asked to adhere to a dress code.
  • For men, we recommend dress pants or slacks with a collared shirt, tie and jacket.
  • For women, we recommend dresses, skirts, pants and blouses.
Reservations
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made on this page or with the My Disney Experience app up to 180 days prior to your visit. You may also call (407) 824-1391. Guests 18 and under must have parent or guardian permission to call. Full payment is due at time of booking. Cancellations must be received at least one day prior to event to avoid being charged full price.
All events, offerings and menus are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
My dinners at the best places in the country were a fraction of that amount... That's a joke...

HongKongFu

Original Poster
My dinners at the best places in the country were a fraction of that amount... That's a joke..

I'm guessing your dinners weren't:

1 NEW YEARS EVE
2 Situated to give you a memorable view of MK's deuxe fireworks or the equivalent valuable view of another famous spot on Earth.
3 open bar, open California Grill bar at that. CG bar is known among enthusiasts.

I'd do it for $500 but no more.
$675 is too high.

Shouldigo12

It might be worthwhile, but another long-standing strategy has been to book a split stay, where one part of the vacation is a package with deluxe dining plan, and the rest of the trip is a room-only stay.

When Disney offered the old unlimited package, pretty much the only way to come remotely close to getting the value of it was to book it for just 1-2 days of a longer WDW vacation, and go all out those two days.

Even then, even going full tilt, I never thought the cost added up to what we could possibly manage to do in a day.
Are you guys talking about the Platinum package? That thing was certainly overkill. From what I can remember, it gave with three meal credits (signature restaurants not requiring two credits on this package) at least two snacks but probably more, a spa credit, a choice between two tours, a mini golf voucher, I'm pretty sure tickets to la Cirque du soleil, a fireworks cruise, a hot air balloon ride, and I imagine some more activities that aren't coming to mind. Just for kicks I remember seeing what it would cost to add it to a package, and a trip that cost $4000 in 2018 would have cost around $10000 around 2015.

Lilofan

Inspired by fantasy08's discussion about the whether Epcot Showcase food is included with park tickets or not.......

How much would you pay for unlimited food and drinks at Epcot?
Effectively a park wide buffet of unlimited sit-down and counter services from crepes in France to beers in Germany to steak in Canada.
So if it's your thing you could eat 5 lbs of lamb sitting down for 3 hours in Morroco, puke it out and head over to UK for a fish and chip quickie.

Stipulations:
1)ordinary park hours apply 9am to 9pm with Showcase opening at
its usual 11am

2)crowds are as such that you do not need reservations for any sit-down.....there's a table waiting for you.

3) expensive/high roller type drinks do not apply. You don't get to tank 750ml worth of Johnnie Walker Blue all day or $50+ glasses of wine.....just typical beers, margaritas and lower caliber wines and shots are offered as much as you can drink, of course

4) no tipping........Epcot entry ticket is the one and only payment you make.

5) all rides and attractions are operational with nothing exceeding 20 minute wait.

6) no intentional wasting of food. No ordering a a full meal and taking 2 bites at every sit-down. A reasonable and good faith attempt not to overly waste. If you puke out your 3rd Bass Ale because you drank too much, fine......you're on solid ground.

I'd pay $375 for a ticket.....maybe $400
Sea World has a pay one price per person all you can eat at its theme park. I believe it's $40 per person.

Jon81uk

My dinners at the best places in the country were a fraction of that amount... That's a joke...
On New Years Eve? Considering you are in the restaurant for the entire night with an open bar, meal and entertainment this isn't a stupid price including the tip. It is overpriced, but not significantly. Remember they can't do multiple seating on NYE, you arrive at 7pm and leave after midnight so you are paying to be there for five hours plus whereas normally you only get a table for two hours.

I've looked at New Year in London and even a mediocre place with a slight firework view is £120+ (about $150) for dinner, two drinks and a DJ. For an open bar all night and more entertainment it should be a lot more to cover the bar. So yes Disney is over charging, but NYE is always going to be incredibly expensive.

HongKongFu

Original Poster
Sea World has a pay one price per person all you can eat at its theme park. I believe it's $40 per person.
[/QUOT

I can't imagine that comes with unlimited alcohol.......curious does Sea World have legitimate sit-down restaurants?? And if it does, I would think that $40 would not apply, no?

But $40 for unlimited real food(not just counter service ice creams and corn dog nasty county fair fare stuff but real food) with say 2 beers.........ya, count me in; all the way in!

Hockey89

I'm guessing your dinners weren't:

1 NEW YEARS EVE
2 Situated to give you a memorable view of MK's deuxe fireworks or the equivalent valuable view of another famous spot on Earth.
3 open bar, open California Grill bar at that. CG bar is known among enthusiasts.

I'd do it for $500 but no more.
$675 is too high.
You can go to Alinea which could be the best place in the country for 395-495.... You can go to 11 Madison for the same price....The difference in the food and experience from there to Cal Grill is the difference between an S550 and KIA....

Hockey89

On New Years Eve? Considering you are in the restaurant for the entire night with an open bar, meal and entertainment this isn't a stupid price including the tip. It is overpriced, but not significantly. Remember they can't do multiple seating on NYE, you arrive at 7pm and leave after midnight so you are paying to be there for five hours plus whereas normally you only get a table for two hours.

I've looked at New Year in London and even a mediocre place with a slight firework view is £120+ (about $150) for dinner, two drinks and a DJ. For an open bar all night and more entertainment it should be a lot more to cover the bar. So yes Disney is over charging, but NYE is always going to be incredibly expensive.
The only place I could find more expensive in the states was TFL.... I could give a list of 1-3 Michelin stars in the states that are a hell of a lot cheaper with food that is superior in every single way....

NickMaio

Interesting hypothetical question! Thanks for asking :)

I would not be interested in an all-you-can-eat add on any any (reasonable) price. There is no way Disney could price this in a way that makes it of value to me personally, as I would not be eating as much as someone who might spend an entire day eating at Epcot, and who eats more than me.

However, I would be VERY INTERESTED in a package of snack credits that could be used at the food events in Epcot. Much like a meal plan, I would expect to pay it up front, and it be a use it or lose it type of plan. Then, I would evaluate the price compared to the average price of snacks. If close to a break even, I would probably purchase it just for the convenience factor. I would be more likely to purchase if there was any type of a discount associated with an advance purchase.
Totally agree - - - - - This is a fun topic but would never come to fruition. WDW has become too much a money grubbing greedy corp to offer such an all in one park deal.
However, even if they did offer something we would never buy it - -just would not work for our family, it would be sky high in cost.

ppete1975

Interesting hypothetical question! Thanks for asking :)

I would not be interested in an all-you-can-eat add on any any (reasonable) price. There is no way Disney could price this in a way that makes it of value to me personally, as I would not be eating as much as someone who might spend an entire day eating at Epcot, and who eats more than me.

However, I would be VERY INTERESTED in a package of snack credits that could be used at the food events in Epcot. Much like a meal plan, I would expect to pay it up front, and it be a use it or lose it type of plan. Then, I would evaluate the price compared to the average price of snacks. If close to a break even, I would probably purchase it just for the convenience factor. I would be more likely to purchase if there was any type of a discount associated with an advance purchase.
many fairs and events have tokens where you pay like 20 dollars for 4 coins or tickets and can use them at any booth. I would like that for the food and wine booths. You could pay cash or use those special tokens

NickMaio

many fairs and events have tokens where you pay like 20 dollars for 4 coins or tickets and can use them at any booth. I would like that for the food and wine booths. You could pay cash or use those special tokens
Cool - - but that would be another line to get into.........."Get your tickets hereeeeeeeeee"
Or coins on the WDW app I suppose................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate the thought of another line to get in.

jloucks

Inspired by fantasy08's discussion about the whether Epcot Showcase food is included with park tickets or not.......

How much would you pay for unlimited food and drinks at Epcot?
Effectively a park wide buffet of unlimited sit-down and counter services from crepes in France to beers in Germany to steak in Canada.
So if it's your thing you could eat 5 lbs of lamb sitting down for 3 hours in Morroco, puke it out and head over to UK for a fish and chip quickie.

Stipulations:
1)ordinary park hours apply 9am to 9pm with Showcase opening at
its usual 11am

2)crowds are as such that you do not need reservations for any sit-down.....there's a table waiting for you.

3) expensive/high roller type drinks do not apply. You don't get to tank 750ml worth of Johnnie Walker Blue all day or $50+ glasses of wine.....just typical beers, margaritas and lower caliber wines and shots are offered as much as you can drink, of course

4) no tipping........Epcot entry ticket is the one and only payment you make.

5) all rides and attractions are operational with nothing exceeding 20 minute wait.

6) no intentional wasting of food. No ordering a a full meal and taking 2 bites at every sit-down. A reasonable and good faith attempt not to overly waste. If you puke out your 3rd Bass Ale because you drank too much, fine......you're on solid ground.

I'd pay $375 for a ticket.....maybe $400

Per person, per day, including park admission?

I think you have a pretty solid number. I would not go above $400.

ppete1975

Cool - - but that would be another line to get into.........."Get your tickets hereeeeeeeeee"
Or coins on the WDW app I suppose................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate the thought of another line to get in.
maybe you could order them early and get them in the mail.. or yeah Disney app

Shouldigo12

From what I could see on the website, alcohol isn't included. It also says you can "only" eat once per hour. The pass with alcohol is only an extra fifteen though.
Edit: I looked at some of the other details and, man, it does seem like a good deal. You can't do character or other special meals with the credit, but you get an entree, drink, and side or dessert with each meal.

HongKongFu

Original Poster
You can go to Alinea which could be the best place in the country for 395-495.... You can go to 11 Madison for the same price...

I'm sure you're right.
But I ask again:
1)Are those NEW YEARS EVE prices??????
2)Do those places offer world renound views???? Or at the very least impressive and memorable views?
3) do those places with $400 - 500 offer unlimited bar drinks? Unlimited from a highly touted bar no less. I'm not a bar person whatsoever; I just don't do it at all but even I have heard about Cal Grill's crazy wine selection and bar offerings.

HongKongFu

Original Poster
Per person, per day, including park admission?

I think you have a pretty solid number. I would not go above $400.

Thank You,. FINALLY!

I'm thanking you not because you pretty much agree with me but you actually answered the question. You are the first.
Cheers!

Shouldigo12

Thank You,. FINALLY!

I'm thanking you not because you pretty much agree with me but you actually answered the question. You are the first.
Cheers!
?
Quite a few people have answered. They may have thought about the logistics more than you wanted, but I saw a lot of people who answered whether or not they or others would want to get it.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I'd consider it for $300*, knowing I'd probably not make it past $200 or $250 in ala cart prices. Paying the extra would be worth the freedom to focus on the meals and nothing else under the stated conditions.

Swolphin does their $145 4hr Food & Wine Classic ticket.
At that roughly $35/hr, Epcot would cost $420 for 12 hours. Maybe they should do it on 4/20, lol.

eta- just remembered the cost includes park ticket so yeah, $400 is acceptable to me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom