How much would you pay?

What is the maximum you would pay for Max Pass?

• $0

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • $5-$15 per person

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • $16-$25 per person

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • $26-$50 per person

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • $51-$75 per person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $76-$100 per person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any price! I don't have to put up with lines. I'm rich.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s not a desire to “throw money around”. I’m willing and able to pay for premium service if it is for something that I value. For example, I fly exclusively first class (except of course emergencies when the cabin is full). Why pay 5X more for a flight? Because I am 6’3” and lift weights daily, so I’m a big guy and I get claustrophobic and don’t like bothering people by squishing into them. So, I fly first class. It’s comfortable for me, I am on and off first, and I get my own check in area. To me, that extra room and convenience is a service I am willing to spend more for.
So. When I go to Disneyland. If it was possible. I would spend extra money to not have to stand in lines as much. It’s actually a very common service parks provide. I would be happy to buy the upgrade. That’s my choice and I am in a position to make it. :)
Using the rides inside an amusement park is not a “premium” service...it’s the simple idea of all day ride pass.

We are lost...it seems

Lilofan

It’s not a desire to “throw money around”. I’m willing and able to pay for premium service if it is for something that I value. For example, I fly exclusively first class (except of course emergencies when the cabin is full). Why pay 5X more for a flight? Because I am 6’3” and lift weights daily, so I’m a big guy and I get claustrophobic and don’t like bothering people by squishing into them. So, I fly first class. It’s comfortable for me, I am on and off first, and I get my own check in area. To me, that extra room and convenience is a service I am willing to spend more for.
So. When I go to Disneyland. If it was possible. I would spend extra money to not have to stand in lines as much. It’s actually a very common service parks provide. I would be happy to buy the upgrade. That’s my choice and I am in a position to make it. :)
The wealthy NYC moms really screwed themselves and opened up a whole can of worms when they hired " black market tour guides " when some handicapped people were advertising their WDW services so the NYC moms and their families can get to the front of the lines.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The wealthy NYC moms really screwed themselves and opened up a whole can of worms when they hired " black market tour guides " when some handicapped people were advertising their WDW services so the NYC moms and their families can get to the front of the lines.
Excellent point.

I didn’t think much of it at the time. But they really seized on that idea and ran with it.

It was a new “market” Born of vanity and longterm stupidity that sent shockwaves across the place for all of us. And a fascinating little bit of history as well. Was that circa 2010? I can’t remember.

drizgirl

You can already do this with a VIP tour guide.

Lilofan

Excellent point.

I didn’t think much of it at the time. But they really seized on that idea and ran with it.

It was a new “market” Born of vanity and longterm stupidity that sent shockwaves across the place for all of us. And a fascinating little bit of history as well. Was that circa 2010? I can’t remember.
New York newspapers broke the story in May 2013. It was reported by the NY Post that the black market handicapped tour guides were charging the NYC families - $130/hr.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
New York newspapers broke the story in May 2013. It was reported by the NY Post that the black market handicapped tour guides were charging the NYC families - $130/hr.
Yes...right when the current era of Disney park customer insanity began.

So what do you think the always watchful Big Brother did when they heard about this?

Upsells, perhaps? “Premium events”?

SeanNyberg

Which would be the better outlet for this type of mentality...not create a caste system from $120-320 dollars a day in an amusement park

Ummm. You do know Disneyland used to charge per ride right? For decades! Good ole Walt’s idea. Along with an entrance fee. So, really, the current system under Iger and formally under Eisner is way more fair than under the tyrant Walt. Using your “logic”

SeanNyberg

Sure. But they didn't charge that after paying a big fat all access admission price.

There was still an admission price. Not sure how you define big and fat. But there was one. So, to rebut the earlier statement, no, paying extra for rides at a theme park is not unheard of and not improper.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There was still an admission price. Not sure how you define big and fat. But there was one. So, to rebut the earlier statement, no, paying extra for rides at a theme park is not unheard of and not improper.
You’re completely ignoring how and why the pricing structure evolved.

There was a minimal gate fee...and ride as you go

Then they all converted 30-40 years ago to all inclusive...

Now you believe there to be an all inclusive that doesn’t really cover the inclusive...which is what would happen if many tiers of ride access rolled out.

I’ll remind: Disney gate prices have increased 250% in the last 20 years.

So you have several things going on:
1. Lack of investment to cover their crowd growrh
2. Manipulation/monetization to resell the basic experiences.

You can agree or disagree and spend as you see fit. But all of these things are true

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Can I have a grant?
d2e39ee9a488dd6a-600x338.jpg

D.Silentu

I have probably mentioned my disdain for Maxpass before, but here's something else to consider. The cost of Galaxy's Edge has already been factored into the gate price, however, neither of its rides are available to Maxpass users. People paying a premium are not getting the benefit of the newest attractions at the park.

Stevek

If I only visited a couple times a year, I'd be willing to pay more. If I had an AP, I wouldn't pay for it.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I've found when I had an AP and I went a few times a month, I really didn't use fast pass anymore. When there is no pressure to do everything in a limited amount of time, I was happy to ride the train a few times and do Space Mountain or just pick something with a short line. There was no need for fast pass or max pass as an AP holder.

SSG

What I would pay depends on how Disney offers the service. Me and the Mrs. go once a year (give or take) and usually stay 4 days. We tried MaxPass on our last trip (just 1 of our 4 days). We liked the convenience, but felt that the extra $120 it would cost for using it each day was way out of line. But if it was offered on a sliding scale--say $15 on Day One, but use it for 4 days and it's $35, as an example--and I'd be more likely to get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom