How much would you pay?

What is the maximum you would pay for Max Pass?

• $0

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • $5-$15 per person

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • $16-$25 per person

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • $26-$50 per person

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • $51-$75 per person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $76-$100 per person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any price! I don't have to put up with lines. I'm rich.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It would really depend on how it was structured.

I think fast pass+ is a failure in managing the normal rise in crowds from 2000-present by the Disney Co....as evidenced in it pretty much spells it out when you “book” it...

...but to be fair - I couldn’t judge a paid program till I see it.

If it’s like universal express pass...it’s basically a “go to hell” scenario

Last edited:

Rich T

Zero. I rope drop.

To be honest, though, the park admissions have reached the point where I've cut my trips from twice a year to once a year to once every three years... and now I might just stop. Then it's a moot point and I won't have to worry about the insult of upcharges at all.

Darkbeer1

Look, some group at Disney Parks follow FastPass like services at Universal, Cedar Fair and Six Flags. Especially the multi level options.

Changes have been made to the VIP and General Tours due to the group.

Plus Disney is surveying Park Guests and potential Guests about MaxPass and making modifications in the program, including pricing.

shambolicdefending

Look, some group at Disney Parks follow FastPass like services at Universal, Cedar Fair and Six Flags. Especially the multi level options.
Ugh.... I really hope they don't overly complicate this system.
It was seriously discussed when SWGE was about to open.
They already have a de facto multi-tier system between no FP, free FP (but get your walking shoes on) and MaxPass.

Without an expensive redesign of the whole system, about the only thing I can see them doing to complicate it further is offer a second, more expensive "MaxPass Plus!" version that allows you to get two FPs at once, or something.

All that would take is a few changes to the algorithms and software programming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They already have a de facto multi-tier system between no FP, free FP (but get your walking shoes on) and MaxPass.

Without an expensive redesign of the whole system, about the only thing I can see them doing to complicate it further is offer a second, more expensive "MaxPass Plus!" version that allows you to get two FPs at once, or something.
Aren’t we talking Disney world here?

SirWillow

Aren’t we talking Disney world here?
Seeing as this is in the Disneyland forum, no. :p

I much prefer the MaxPass system to the Fastpass+ they have at WDW, and hope that they don't go that route. But I can also see how they could tweak fastpass at Disneyland some to both bring in more money and make it work better. I'm not sure I'm in favor of that, but there are ways they could do it.

We used express pass at Universal and Cedar Point's version on my last trips there, and while it was expensive I didn't regret purchasing it. They made a huge difference in how we enjoyed the parks while also having minimal impact on those that didn't have them. That's kind of my ideal in a system like this- one that doesn't really affect the stand by waits (especially not like WDW's version does now) while also giving options for those that want to spend the money.

But I also thought that the current system at Disneyland worked well. I liked that it was only available on some rides and not many others, that it was an option for everyone, and the numbers generally worked out where it didn't affect lines to badly. Usually. (Radiator Springs Racers was a notable exception).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Seeing as this is in the Disneyland forum, no. :p

I much prefer the MaxPass system to the Fastpass+ they have at WDW, and hope that they don't go that route. But I can also see how they could tweak fastpass at Disneyland some to both bring in more money and make it work better. I'm not sure I'm in favor of that, but there are ways they could do it.

We used express pass at Universal and Cedar Point's version on my last trips there, and while it was expensive I didn't regret purchasing it. They made a huge difference in how we enjoyed the parks while also having minimal impact on those that didn't have them. That's kind of my ideal in a system like this- one that doesn't really affect the stand by waits (especially not like WDW's version does now) while also giving options for those that want to spend the money.

But I also thought that the current system at Disneyland worked well. I liked that it was only available on some rides and not many others, that it was an option for everyone, and the numbers generally worked out where it didn't affect lines to badly. Usually. (Radiator Springs Racers was a notable exception).
Lol...my bad.

Paid fastpass is much more likely to be swallowed in Florida first...you’re probably safe...for now

Axoman

I used Maxpass for one day of our 4 day trip last year. It was nice, but I would have bought it for every day of the trip had they offered a multi-day/family discount on it.

DrAlice

All that would take is a few changes to the algorithms and software programming.

Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

SeanNyberg

So they ask what I am able and willing to pay, I share that, and you ... then claims I look like a corporate plant. First of all, I wish I was a corporate plant! As long as I get proper sunlight and watered daily. (Okay, that was dumb) But I think working for corporate would be fun. Alas, I live near Seattle, WA.
My name here is the same on Twitter m, IG, and FB. It’s very clear I don’t work for Disney. ;)
Just because people have the ability and the desire to pay more money for better access doesn’t make them stupid or smart. It’s where they are and what they like. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So they ask what I am able and willing to pay, I share that, and you ... in all of your “wisdom” judges it as stupid and then claims I look like a corporate plant. First of all, I wish I was a corporate plant! As long as I get proper sunlight and watered daily. (Okay, that was dumb) But I think working for corporate would be fun. Alas, I live near Seattle, WA.
My name here is the same on Twitter m, IG, and FB. It’s very clear I don’t work for Disney. ;)
Just because people have the ability and the desire to pay more money for better access doesn’t make them stupid or smart. It’s where they are and what they like. :)
I don’t believe you to be a plant. But I think you are attempting to state your desire to throw money around - which frankly is a disease in this period of US history - and shot past a fundamental question:

What are you paying the ticket price for?

Seriously...if having having short lines for big thunder and space mountain is with $50...and short lines all day is worth $200...then is the gate price service charges?

Did Disney get bought by Ticketmaster and I missed it?

It’s not about throwing bucks up in the air...it’s about preserving the supplier/consumer basic relationship

SeanNyberg

I don’t believe you to be a plant. But I think you are attempting to state your desire to throw money around - which frankly is a disease in this period of US history - and shot past a fundamental question:

What are you paying the ticket price for?

Seriously...if having having short lines for big thunder and space mountain is with $50...and short lines all day is worth $200...then is the gate price service charges?

Did Disney get bought by Ticketmaster and I missed it?

It’s not about throwing bucks up in the air...it’s about preserving the supplier/consumer basic relationship

It’s not a desire to “throw money around”. I’m willing and able to pay for premium service if it is for something that I value. For example, I fly exclusively first class (except of course emergencies when the cabin is full). Why pay 5X more for a flight? Because I am 6’3” and lift weights daily, so I’m a big guy and I get claustrophobic and don’t like bothering people by squishing into them. So, I fly first class. It’s comfortable for me, I am on and off first, and I get my own check in area. To me, that extra room and convenience is a service I am willing to spend more for.
So. When I go to Disneyland. If it was possible. I would spend extra money to not have to stand in lines as much. It’s actually a very common service parks provide. I would be happy to buy the upgrade. That’s my choice and I am in a position to make it. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom