How much will open in 2012

cinderellafan6

Lee said it is opening in phases starting in April, not that it would completely open. They seem to be working quickly on Dumbo--I would imagine b/c they want it to open first so they can close the current Dumbo and get started on FLE work in that area.

I agree with you on that. They probably will have Dumbo closed for just a month maybe for antisipation...u kno how Disney likes that!:hammer:

Gregoryp73

Unless something has changed, Storybook Circus is scheduled to open in phases between April and September next year. Mermaid and BatB area shortly after.
Haven't heard about them being significantly ahead of schedule.

This makes sense, they would want to open that outlet at the train station sooner than later. I'm sure people would love to have that station back as a relaxing access point to FL and the back of TL.

I'm hoping they start on the structual portions of the mine coaster before they open the rest of FLE. It is going to be tedious for the build being on an island smack in the middle of the action. I would imagine they would limit the construction mostly to after hours...unless they are just working on detail work.

po1998

2014 for the mine coaster?????

Does TDO intentionally go slow on some of these projects so that they can point to current projects as the reason why nothing else is being green lit?

Slowjack

Does TDO intentionally go slow on some of these projects so that they can point to current projects as the reason why nothing else is being green lit?
I think it's more to spread out costs. Also, if you think that some guests may come down whenever there's a significant new attraction opening, it makes sense to stagger the openings. It's more unfortunate in this case because I think the new Fantasyland areas won't be as fun to walk around in when there's still this big construction area right in the middle.

erasure fan1

It's more unfortunate in this case because I think the new Fantasyland areas won't be as fun to walk around in when there's still this big construction area right in the middle.

I totally agree. I know they have their reasons to stagger things but the initial WOW factor might be diminished significantly. Personally I would have preferred a simultaneous opening.

disneyeater

I totally agree. I know they have their reasons to stagger things but the initial WOW factor might be diminished significantly. Personally I would have preferred a simultaneous opening.

I agree I would be a much bigger WOW to have it all open at once, but would you rather wait more to have that happen, or have it open partially?

I think I would probably prefer to wait and have it all open at once, but I am guessing I am in the minority.

erasure fan1

but would you rather wait more to have that happen, or have it open partially?

I think I would probably prefer to wait and have it all open at once, but I am guessing I am in the minority.

I am definitely on the side of wait and have it all open at once. I just think there isnt enough in this expansion to warrant a staggered opening. If it was an E-ticket like fire mountain then I would want it open ASAP. :D Of course dont get me wrong, mermaid and the mine cars are nice but they should just open at once.

AEfx

I hear you.

They built all of Disneyland in a year, and it's going to take another two and a half plus to build a ride?

I'm terribly happy about the expansion, but I find the fact it's going to be a construction zone for 3 years a little much.

It's funny how in this age of advanced technology, construction has done nothing but slow. There is a bridge being replaced in my town (a small bridge just a few 100 feet) and it's going to take a year to build. It doesn't surprise me, as every time I drive by there are 10 people working, 8 or 9 of which are smoking a cigarette or chatting or sipping coffee. No matter what time of the day.

Guess Disney employs the same, "Work 45 minutes, take four hour break" guys that are building the bridge in my town. ;)

skimbob

I think it's more to spread out costs. Also, if you think that some guests may come down whenever there's a significant new attraction opening, it makes sense to stagger the openings. It's more unfortunate in this case because I think the new Fantasyland areas won't be as fun to walk around in when there's still this big construction area right in the middle.

I can tell you from experience here in CA that having just one new ride opening in DCA makes the construction walls around a lot of the park worth it. In the end it will all be worth it for both parks. I can hardly wait.

Kirk88

I read an article about 2 weeks ago that stated that the tracks were already being laid in the Little Mermaid ride! We were there earlier this month and there is ALOT going on back there. I was really surprised at the progress that has already been made!

MickeysOtherGF

WOOO, Back on the forum :).....I was previously chipanddalefan5 but i lost my account...so I created a new one. With that said....Are they planning on opening the princess hall where snow white is now at the same time batb and little mermaid are opening??? or is that not going to be done until the mine coaster opens up???

raven

You have to understand that this attraction wasn't part of the original plan for the expansion. There was to be other castles and buildings in the area where it is taking place. That being said I think the time frame from when they announced the ride to when it will be open is about the normal length it takes to design, finalize and build it.

Kirk88

WOOO, Back on the forum :).....I was previously chipanddalefan5 but i lost my account...so I created a new one. With that said....Are they planning on opening the princess hall where snow white is now at the same time batb and little mermaid are opening??? or is that not going to be done until the mine coaster opens up???

Supposedly, Snow White is closing down at the end of the year. Maybe as early as this fall.

Todd L

We've booked for September 2012, one month out! :cry: So won't see anything till next visit in 2014! :cry::cry::cry:

You may be able to get in on a soft opening!!!???

I Got into a few rides at Universal Studios like that...Test runs before they were officially open.

Keep your fingers crossed!!

RSoxNo1

I'm a TA and we had a meeting last nigth with our Disney rep. He said the mine train will open late in 2013. Little Mermaid, fall of 2012. Princess Storybook Hall will open in Fall of 2013.

Most of this is probably not new for anyone who follows this thread, but I wrote aobut it if you want to check it out: http://www.everythingwdisneyworld.com/2011/06/fantasyland-expansion-and-other-updates.html

We couldn't get any information about Dumbo.

Thanks for the info, and good to see you on these boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom