How much pyro???

Debbie

I heard that Disney has their own factory there, behind Magic Kingdom. Any knows if there is any truth to this? The workers must get paid well since it is so dangerous.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Debbie
I heard that Disney has their own factory there, behind Magic Kingdom. Any knows if there is any truth to this? The workers must get paid well since it is so dangerous.

Definately false. There is no way they would be manufacturing fireworks near such a public place. Firework factories are typically way out in the middle of nowhere, because it is extremely dangerous.

For Epcot, they store them at Orlando aiport in large quanities, and each week they drive out to the airport to pick up supplies. They are then stored locally behind China.
I imagine MK has a similar setup.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Debbie

NOPE. NOT TRUE. They make everything short of fireworks and merchandise though.

Smee

There is no pyro factory but there is a pyro staging area behind the MK. If you ever ride the train in the late afternoon or evening and see water being sprayed around in the wooded area in the rear of MK, this is the pyro area. The launching area and storage building for MK pyro is located here.

I don't know how much all of WDW uses everyday but I have been told by an employee that Illuminations uses $35k of pyro every show. The fire barge consumes 360 gallons of LP every show.

neilybealy

Originally posted by Smee
I don't know how much all of WDW uses everyday but I have been told by an employee that Illuminations uses $35k of pyro every show. The fire barge consumes 360 gallons of LP every show.

wow that adds up to a lot

and there's me in my last post trying to escape paying the $6 per day car parking charge! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom