How Much Money Should I Bring For A School Trip TO Disney?

Cedric Singleton

Hello! Im going to be going to Disney World in April 2016. I was wondering how much I should bring on the trip? We are taking a bus there (Day 1), We are going to Disney for 3 days (Days 2-4), and a Charter bus home (Day 5). Im also purchasing the memory maker early so the amount I should bring + $169 would be nice. Thanks!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Welcome aboard! That depends. Are you on a meal plan? Do you have ADR's or plan on only QS? Are you a shopper? How much free time will you have for shopping if any?

Upvote 0

SayCheers!

My daughter is also going on a school trip in April with this same itinerary. Because her trip includes two meals at the parks I plan on setting a budget of $200 - $50 per day for park days and an extra $50 for the travel time up and back Snacks are usually $5-7 each (some are less) and I know she will want things like Ears and a shirt. While I would expect her to come back with some money left over, I seriously doubt she will ;). That would also be enough money for pay for meals (quick service) if your trip doesn't include them, but would leave less for spending in the stores. I will probably also tuck another $100 in her suitcase that is only for emergencies - she would have to call me for permission to use it.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
My daughter is also going on a school trip in April with this same itinerary. Because her trip includes two meals at the parks I plan on setting a budget of $200 - $50 per day for park days and an extra $50 for the travel time up and back Snacks are usually $5-7 each (some are less) and I know she will want things like Ears and a shirt. While I would expect her to come back with some money left over, I seriously doubt she will ;). That would also be enough money for pay for meals (quick service) if your trip doesn't include them, but would leave less for spending in the stores. I will probably also tuck another $100 in her suitcase that is only for emergencies - she would have to call me for permission to use it.
Welcome aboard! That's an excellent plan

Upvote 0

Cedric Singleton

Original Poster
Welcome aboard! That depends. Are you on a meal plan? Do you have ADR's or plan on only QS? Are you a shopper? How much free time will you have for shopping if any?
Hello! No, I think we are going to get meal on our own. I'm probably going to get a few things (ears, shirts, magic band covers, etc). We Are performing in one of the parades on Main Street in the morning, after that we can do whatever we want.

Upvote 0

PinnySmart

Very well thought out! I wonder if your kids are going on the same trip?

Upvote 0

SayCheers!

I wondered too, but didn't want to be the creepy adult asking a kiddo where they went to school lol :eek: It sounds like not, because they are performing and I don't think my daughter is- but her entire performing arts group is going so it's possible one group will be doing the parade while her group is training with Cirque. Also, her meals will definitely be included.

Upvote 0

Professor_Jason

Thanks for posting this I've been asking that question myself. I've been assuming that for my Husband and myself we'd need about $200-ish a day cash for spending money in the Parks and then putting our dinners and drinks on our credit cards

Upvote 0

NonnaT

Hello! No, I think we are going to get meal on our own. I'm probably going to get a few things (ears, shirts, magic band covers, etc). We Are performing in one of the parades on Main Street in the morning, after that we can do whatever we want.
Maybe you should look into getting the quick service dining plan before you go... That the way some, if not most, of your meals are covered, and you would just need "pocket" money.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

As long as you are not eating table restaurants I would suggest $75 a day. About $30-$35 for food. Save money by bringing bottled water or asking for free cups of water.

Upvote 0

admiral-ari-x

I'm going around the same time on a school trip as well! I was planning on 600 dollars total. We drive down day 1, park hop between the waterparks and dinner at disney springs for day 2, and breakfast is provided along with 4 meal tickets for our 4 days at the parks. I love everything Disney so I did a few calculations (figuring in a few nice restaurants for dinner, pins, hat, hoodie, etc...) and came up with that number! I've had experiences at conventions so I know a thing or two about spending money. Do you guys think it is a wise idea to get the 600 put onto Disney gift cards? Less hassle at the register and no worries of losing realy cash, but I don't know how I'd get the extra money back off the card if I don't spend it all...

Upvote 0

HRHPrincessAriel

I'm going around the same time on a school trip as well! I was planning on 600 dollars total. We drive down day 1, park hop between the waterparks and dinner at disney springs for day 2, and breakfast is provided along with 4 meal tickets for our 4 days at the parks. I love everything Disney so I did a few calculations (figuring in a few nice restaurants for dinner, pins, hat, hoodie, etc...) and came up with that number! I've had experiences at conventions so I know a thing or two about spending money. Do you guys think it is a wise idea to get the 600 put onto Disney gift cards? Less hassle at the register and no worries of losing realy cash, but I don't know how I'd get the extra money back off the card if I don't spend it all...
Visa gift card

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom