How Much is the College Program?

GS3rd

Original Poster
:confused: Hey all~
Does anyone know how much the program is? please tell me I need to know! Thanks! :king:

~George*

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
be more specific please?

Housing/transportation are approx $70/week deducted from your paycheck, you pay for your own food and phone.

You also have to pay to get to FL to work, whether it be fly, drive, train, or bus.

Also, the transportation fee is non-negotiable, even if you have your own car.

DisneyCP2000

$65 a week for rent (automatically deducted),
$$ for the drive down,
$$ for the gas you'll spend each week to drive,
$100 a month for food (that's what it costed me),
$$? for spending,
$$$ for air if you plan to fly,
$ for you hair cuts (gotta keep clean),
and $ for black or white shoes (if you don't have any).

Most of the costs depend on where you are and what you have, but I don't think it's unbearable. I brought $700 with me down there and it lasted me till 4 months. I couldn't cash my checks while I was down there :p so I waited till my parents came down. Hope this helps :)

does anyone remember any other additional costs???

wahooskipper

I didn't make a dime on the College Program. In fact, I know I lost money. I vaguely remember buying a round of drinks over at Jungle Jims...for the whole bar...and putting it on a credit card.

I was paying off the WDWCP experience for a couple of years but if I had to do it over I wouldn't change a thing. We went to Daytona, St. Pete, Orlando attractions, etc. and had a blast.

wyattkelly

Disney's college program is great. Yes, you have to pay for your food and such while there, but they pay decent enough, and they provide a very good place to live. Vista Way is wonderful. Basically, you should bring enough for souvenirs and booze. The Walgreens outside the front gate of Vista Way has good prices for the requisite alcohol. Also, look around for deals, your Disney cast member card gets you lots of discounts, both on and off property. And remember, always ask what you can get. I got free tickets to Medieval times from the nice ticket lady on International drive just by telling her I was with the college program.
::sohappy:

Oh yeah, and if you can, have a car. Trust me on this. There's only so far the shuttle busses will go. Go shopping at the Wal-mart in Kissimmee, *VERY* good prices.

Other then that, just have fun, and kiss your free time goodbye!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom