How much does cast members know??

Tigggrl

mkt said:
They wouldn't even be close to knowing. Any answer you would get is full of hot air.
AGREED!
Even when you hear something from Management dose'nt make it so....4 years ago they told us that the sub lagoon would be replaced by the ride in Tokyo Seas....:hammer:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Tigggrl said:
AGREED!
Even when you hear something from Management dose'nt make it so....4 years ago they told us that the sub lagoon would be replaced by the ride in Tokyo Seas....:hammer:
just because they earn a salary, that doesn't make them any more knowledgable

Tinkerbell_13

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Not a lot, or they wouldnt be Cast Members.

Now thats an incendiary post :drevil: :goodnevil
Cast Members DO know alot ....... because if they didnt .... they wouldnt work at Disney. Just go ask any CM a Disney question ... and they will 1: Be able to answer it or 2: They will find out for you. :D

goofyfan13

Tinkerbell_13 said:
Cast Members DO know alot ....... because if they didnt .... they wouldnt work at Disney. Just go ask any CM a Disney question ... and they will 1: Be able to answer it or 2: They will find out for you. :D

Maybe about the company/what there is at DL/WDW. But as far as knowing about future expansion and attractions, they know jack squat.

TLandGuy

goofyfan13 said:
Maybe about the company/what there is at DL/WDW. But as far as knowing about future expansion and attractions, they know jack squat.
Disney does a very good job about posting to there cast on what events are currentlly happening and what will be happening to the rides in the future. How do you think anything is learned on this site? How do you expect someone to tell you what new attractions will be when you say they know nothing that is a very offencive comment.

Tigggrl

Believe me, they only know what rumors are being spread, and idle gossip. Even when something is told in a management meeting, it is supposed to be considered a rumor until it actually happens...things change on a daily basis, especially in decision making. Scheduling dosent even know whats happening on any given day.

Tim G

They get info on need-to-know bases only....

So... they don't know a thing... altough they think they know everything... :D:D :D

Tigggrl

Not necessarily....You can post on the cast portal, the cast paper, and on the bulletin boards, but unless it is actually READ...it is useless. They put out a CM guide to EVERYTHING going on all week at the reorts, times, locations, hours etc., But if the cm does not GET one, which is their responsibility, then its useless. Like I posted before, Management used to tell us stuff all the time, most times it was pure gossip.
Another thing, if you are looking for specific merchandise, ask more than one CM. Sometimes the CM does not take the time to learn new merchandise, or could care less....Most of them will ask, or look for something, but general character merch questions do not get a thorough answer.

goofyfan13

TLandGuy said:
Disney does a very good job about posting to there cast on what events are currentlly happening and what will be happening to the rides in the future. How do you think anything is learned on this site? How do you expect someone to tell you what new attractions will be when you say they know nothing that is a very offencive comment.

:rolleyes: Yes, once they post stuff, it is either to build hype, or the new "thing" is already confirmed. I didn't say they know nothing. They do not know however what the company is planning to build until they want the public to know about it.

Basically, as Corrus said, it's a need to know basis.

villianess

Speaking of cast members....I wish I was one! I'd love to work for the Mouse! I've always wondered though....do CM's love the Disney parks, too....or does the magic fade away when you're there working every day? Is it fun?

goofyfan13

villianess said:
Speaking of cast members....I wish I was one! I'd love to work for the Mouse! I've always wondered though....do CM's love the Disney parks, too....or does the magic fade away when you're there working every day? Is it fun?

Some do some don't. My girlfriend worked the CP in housekeeping for a little bit, and she constantly encountered other housekeepers that hated it. I guess that comes with the territory. All in all it probobly depends on the job.

My sister is a CM at MK in one of the shops and she loves spending time in the parks when not working. She has been there now for a year. On our last trip we were in DTD buying souvenirs with her when we noticed she was refolding t-shirts and arranging them in order of size . MOm said she must really love her job since she was willing to do it even without pay ...:lol: ....

Nana birdie

It is FUN!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I love working for Disney. No, I never tire of going to the Parks. We take our grandson every week. My goal is to eat in every Disney restaurant. That will take a long time. I take advantage of all the "perks" Disney offers. I enjoy learning about Disney and the Parks so I take all the free classes/tours they offer. I love going on Disney cruises and staying at Disney resorts. No, I don't hear many rumors. I learn a lot more from the DIS boards.
My bosses are always amazed when I tell them about a rumor I heard on the DIS boards.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
villianess said:

mkt

Premium Member
TLandGuy said:
easy... the execs and WDI members who are anonymous sources on here.

mkt

Premium Member
TLandGuy said:
True it is suppose to be believed as rumor until it happens but still any and all rumors are told to the cast first
Bull_________.

Any and all rumors are told to those who need to know first, not the front-line hourly CM's which the company disposes of by the bushel.

TLandGuy

mkt said:
Bull_________.

Any and all rumors are told to those who need to know first, not the front-line hourly CM's which the company disposes of by the bushel.
True but you can be an hourly cast and know just as much as the others just gotta know where to look

mkt

Premium Member
TLandGuy said:
True but you can be an hourly cast and know just as much as the others just gotta know where to look
I was the original portal and dis-web1.wda.disney.com hacker... lol. There is very little posted anymore that is of any good to a CM. Short of stealing network login passwords or breaking into offices, there isn't much one could do that isn't already known.

OMG! You know rehab schedules! Big Deal.

TLandGuy

Very true it has becoming a gloomy life for the CM especially when you work an attraction that is goin down and they don't tell you until after the last day and WONT tell you what it well become... Not that I know but a close friend does.

mkt

Premium Member
TLandGuy said:
Very true it has becoming a gloomy life for the CM especially when you work an attraction that is goin down and they don't tell you until after the last day and WONT tell you what it well become... Not that I know but a close friend does.
Does your friend drive the bus? Or do they have a TWDC/WDI blue/blue and gold ID?

Those are the only friends I trust with my rumors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom