How Much Between FP+ Reservations

Jcott

Original Poster
My family is taking our first trip 5/8-5/12. I've been toiling over FP+ selections and think I have the system figured out based upon the advice I've found here. One day of our trip kind of has a tight schedule because we are taking our DDs to BBB Downtown Disney, it was the only day of the trip we could make a reservation. How much time should I allow between arrival windows. For example, I have Space Mountin scheduled to arrive between 11:05-12:05, what would be an appropriate window to schedule the next ride? Basically how much time should I allot to wait in line and ride after arriving.

Rob562

When you first allow the system to assign you times it'll take distance between attractions into account when scheduling them. (This helps Guests who may not know the layout of the park when they're selecting their times)

You can go in and edit times to make things closer-together if you want, but as already mentioned the system won't allow overlap. (Though once you use your first FP+ reservation, you can conceivably try and go onto the phone app and try and move the second FP+ closer to the current time, assuming there are available time slots closer than the time you already have)

-Rob

Jcott

Original Poster
Thats what I was mainly wondering is if it was safe to make them back to back, be able to ride, and then make it to the next attraction or lunch reservation on time. I'm trying to juggle FP+ reservation, BOG lunch, nap time, and BBB all in the same day.

HRHPrincessAriel

Thats what I was mainly wondering is if it was safe to make them back to back, be able to ride, and then make it to the next attraction or lunch reservation on time. I'm trying to juggle FP+ reservation, BOG lunch, nap time, and BBB all in the same day.
nap time is what's kicking me in the rear. dang kids ;)

We normally nap at home around 1 or 2. She can hang on though if there are fun things going on. I'm aiming for 2-3:00ish naps so she can stay up later at night for parades/fireworks.
The kid kills me though she will still be up at 6:30 no mater how late she goes to bed!

Jcott

Original Poster
My older one's can usually push through, but the little one usually naps between 2:30-4:00. I'm hoping for some stroller naps here and there too.

lebeau

nap time is what's kicking me in the rear. dang kids ;)

We normally nap at home around 1 or 2. She can hang on though if there are fun things going on. I'm aiming for 2-3:00ish naps so she can stay up later at night for parades/fireworks.
The kid kills me though she will still be up at 6:30 no mater how late she goes to bed!

We don't enforce naps on vacation. But even the soon-to-be nine year old (or my wife for that matter) can't handle a full day in the parks. So we always take an afternoon break. I schedule a break from 1-5 to go back to the resort and swim or whatever. It does add a level of difficulty to planning your day. Especially if you want to see an afternoon parade.

HRHPrincessAriel

We don't enforce naps on vacation. But even the soon-to-be nine year old (or my wife for that matter) can't handle a full day in the parks. So we always take an afternoon break. I schedule a break from 1-5 to go back to the resort and swim or whatever. It does add a level of difficulty to planning your day. Especially if you want to see an afternoon parade.
mother hummer. I forgot about parades.

The kid will.not.nap. in a stroller. Just won't. I don't know what I did wrong in life *sobs in hands* lol Actually, I do. Payback from when I was a kid ;-)

We aim to take a nap on vacation but I'm a lot more flexible on times. She turns crazy at the drop of the hat later if she doesn't have one.

Jcott

Original Poster

The kid will.not.nap. in a stroller. Just won't. I don't know what I did wrong in life *sobs in hands* lol Actually, I do. Payback from when I was a kid ;-)

We aim to take a nap on vacation but I'm a lot more flexible on times. She turns crazy at the drop of the hat later if she doesn't have one.

Yes, m 3 y/0 is a bear in the afternoon without one. I imagine my 5 and 6 y/o will be exhausted enough for naps too. They usually don't nap, but can very easily on a busy day. Usually an hour or so will do it for them.

My kids would feel that they were being punished if they had to leave a park for any reason before closing time (Park hopping excepted of course). We get there when we get there, then stay until the place shuts down. Works very well for us.

lebeau

My kids would feel that they were being punished if they had to leave a park for any reason before closing time (Park hopping excepted of course). We get there when we get there, then stay until the place shuts down. Works very well for us.

We're the opposite. We are usually on the bus when fireworks start. And that's with a nap in the afternoon.

PARichards

I am counting on a nice break on our MK day 1, since we have a late BOG ADR, hopefully followed by fireworks. Since we will be out late that night, the plan for MK day 2 is to have brunch at 11 (ADR @ CMs) and, while I originally had planned to take the mono to Epcot, it isn't recommended that day, so it'll be back to MK and that will be when we'll be catching the afternoon parade. Epcot can wait ;)

My problem w/FP+ is this feeling I'm getting when looking at recommended touring plans: they look like they involve a lot of crisscrossing... but maybe because we haven't narrowed down our priorites? For example, I was planning MK day 1 from RD-2ish. Going straight to PFTH to do Rapunzel, and A/E m&g, then Peter Pan, and continuing thru Liberty Sq/Frontier/Adventurelands. Do I have plenty of time that morning (second Monday in September) to get to BTMRR, Pirates and Jungle Cruise at a "leisurely" pace without needing a FP+? Or will we be rushing/doubling back quite a bit? I was really hoping to save our FP+ for the evening when we return to hang out in New Fantasyland before BOG. And I'd hate to wait til we get there and run the risk of not having anything available later in the day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom