How much $ a day for meals?

jeroenalex

Hey all!

I'm planning to go to WDW with this autumn, together with my girlfriend. After a lot of research, my conclusion is that the cheapest way for us is buying an annual passport and booking a room-only in a moderate resort (probably PO-RS) with discount. We'll probably be staying for about 10 days.

What I was wondering, how much do I need to count on for meals? That means, breakfast, lunch and dinner. We won't be eating at expensive restaurants, but neither do we want to eat fastfood all day. And maybe some seperate drinks or quick snacks (Fresh fruit, ice cream, etc).

We won't have a car available, so we have to buy everything inside the resort. We plan to use yourride.net for transport from the airport, so a grocery stop would be an option.

All help/tips/advices is/are appreciated! :)

Jeroen

Camelot

I usually budgeted $40.00 per day:
Breakfast would be at a restaurant buffet near my off site hotel, and dinner at the park or outside the park after leaving for the day.
Snacks during the day with fruit and raisins. Also a smoked turkey leg made a great meal, for when we wouldn't be eating dinner until later in the evening.
I bought a gallon or two of drinking water and refilled my water bottle that I took to the parks.
Believe me, I never went hungry or thirsty.

Upvote 0

DisneyWonders07

We usually ate breakfast at the food court in our hotel, or got some baked goods at the Magic Kingdom...for lunch, we might get a quick snack or something to chow down on until dinner time...for dinner it would usually be a reservation at some restaurant, not too fancy though, maybe someplace like the Liberty Tree Tavern or Prime Time Cafe.:)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
You also have to consider the personalities and eating habits of your travelling companions!

When I go without my husband I spend far less on food, even though we snack a lot more! He refuses to buy the children snacks ("We just ate!" or "We'll be eating in an hour or two!") but insists on sitdown, full service dinners for most meals, including wine or beer. My son and I will be happy grabbing fast food counter service for every meal, and stop for a Dole Whip, etc whenever.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I agree with the Fl. water. Yuck!

This trip, we are taking Brita water bottles. That way we will have water that taste good, but won't have to lug so much bottled water.

I have a question on the refillable mugs. Would they still be a good value if you don't plan on being at your resort much? I was thinking on taking some canned drinks for in the room if it would come out cheaper. I'm staying in POR (Alligator Bayou). Is that going to be close enough to be worth walking over and getting refills? We are taking our own breakfast items to have a quick breakfast in the mornings.

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

considering say a hamburger and fries is like $6, and that doesnt include a drink.. if you go cheap food, it's probably say $30 a day.. cheap.. thats not including resturants.. only the park stands...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom