How many times to WDW Question when Calling?

jaybob briggs

Original Poster
Whenever I call WDW, the automated system asks about the number of times I have visited WDW, including the most recent visit? Does anyone know why these questions are asked? What does Disney do with this info?

DISMOM

A continuation of this question...how honest are you when they ask this question? Do I count 4 visits because my husband went once as a teen, I went once as a teen, and then we have went twice as a family? Or,....is it just 2 visits as a family? What time period are they asking about? Can you tell that I like to over-analyze things? ha.

sbkline

A continuation of this question...how honest are you when they ask this question? Do I count 4 visits because my husband went once as a teen, I went once as a teen, and then we have went twice as a family? Or,....is it just 2 visits as a family? What time period are they asking about? Can you tell that I like to over-analyze things? ha.

I don't think it matters much, because for those of us who call many times during our trip planning, we're skewing their data anyways. For example, in my case, it was only ONE caller, rather than 50 callers, who is going with just his wife and has been to WDW 6 times. :D :ROFLOL:

sbkline

How often do you call WDW?

Not very often now, but last year when I was planning our first on property trip, for April 2007, they probably had to replace the ringers on their phones as many times as I called. :lol:

I had to modify my dates several times, call back to take of the "water parks and more" option which I initially requested but later realized I didn't need. I initially booked it as a room only, so I had to call and switch it to a package when those came out.

Then, when I reached my 180 day mark, I called to make my ADR's, and I had to call many, many times to finally get the time I wanted for Coral Reef. I had to call to make my reservation for the carraige ride, and let's not even talk about the times I called in the spring and summer inquiring when package rates would be available. :ROFLOL:

Of course, now that I am much more knowledgeable, after spending the past year on this website, I don't have to call so much with questions and whatnot. So they haven't been hearing from me this year as I plan my 2008 trip as they did last year while planning my 2007 trip. But I still can't wait to call them bright and early in October to make my ADR's 180 days out. It's all part of the fun of planning! :D

fngoofy

I believe it is so the operators know how to work with you.

I know they see those answers on their screens when they are talking with you.

Newbs need different things explained to them compared to pros.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I believe it is so the operators know how to work with you.

I know they see those answers on their screens when they are talking with you.

Newbs need different things explained to them compared to pros.
Then there're those of us who end up answering their questions... :lookaroun

mousefan1972

Then there're those of us who end up answering their questions... :lookaroun

Oh my Gosh, that happened to me last time I called! The CM didn't know how to change my package reservation to a room only w/AAA rate... I had to tell him :lookaroun I think I've found my calling!

gardenia

I've heard that the CMs have different quotas based on what kind of guest they are dealing with. Newbies 1) take more time and 2) spend less money.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
The DRC is divided into segments, and based on your answers the call is routed to the appropriate segment. You have "Intenders", these are first timers, or folks who have only been very few times. You have "Repeaters", folks who have been several times, and you have "Worldphile", these are the folks who have been many many times and will not have as many questions!! Dining is not segmented by these categories, only resorts, so I'm not sure why you have to answer those questions for a Dining call. The only segments in Dining are regular Dining/Itinerary Planners/Group Dining (all one segment) or In-Market Dine, which is for the people who are on property or coming in the next 7 days.

Hope that helps some :wave:

apatten22

When I called them last week to modify my reservations, they mentioned to me how many times I've stayed on-property. I didn't realize they kept that info in their computers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom