How many runDisney miles have you run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenlawler

I have considered retiring from runDisney for the last couple of years, not because I don't enjoy it, but because It's just probably time to move on. The only thing keeping me going is my "Perfect Dopey" status. I still enjoy everything about the marathon weekend except the actual marathon. My wife still loves runDisney weekend because she stopped doing the marathon. I found myself jealous of her because she is so care free on that Saturday night.

My personality is such that I want to always do "it all" I know myself well enough to know if I stopped doing Dopey I would be bitter if I did not complete it and still came to Marathon Weekend. Thus the "Perfect Dopey". But I really need to let it go. I mean seriously I need to let it go.

I have my 2021 virtual Dopey still to run, I am signed up for Dopey 2022. That would put me a 944.9 runDisney miles.

The tenth anniversary of Dopey would occur in 2023, upon completion I would be 7 miles away from 1000 Disney miles. I could run any Disney half and be well over 1000.

I think that would be a sensible retirement plan. I could run one more half, of my choice, after the 2023 Dopey.

Of course I probably would not stop coming to Marathon weekend, but I think I could let Dopey go at that point.

Sorry for the self reflection....But I know you guys and gals understand.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I have considered retiring from runDisney for the last couple of years, not because I don't enjoy it, but because It's just probably time to move on. The only thing keeping me going is my "Perfect Dopey" status. I still enjoy everything about the marathon weekend except the actual marathon. My wife still loves runDisney weekend because she stopped doing the marathon. I found myself jealous of her because she is so care free on that Saturday night.

My personality is such that I want to always do "it all" I know myself well enough to know if I stopped doing Dopey I would be bitter if I did not complete it and still came to Marathon Weekend. Thus the "Perfect Dopey". But I really need to let it go. I mean seriously I need to let it go.

I have my 2021 virtual Dopey still to run, I am signed up for Dopey 2022. That would put me a 944.9 runDisney miles.

The tenth anniversary of Dopey would occur in 2023, upon completion I would be 7 miles away from 1000 Disney miles. I could run any Disney half and be well over 1000.

I think that would be a sensible retirement plan. I could run one more half, of my choice, after the 2023 Dopey.

Of course I probably would not stop coming to Marathon weekend, but I think I could let Dopey go at that point.

You are right - we do understand. As someone who took up running rather “recently“ (it’s now been 5-6 years) there are events that I know I should let go before it becomes too difficult to do so - which makes it all the more easier for me to see how this is hard for you. But it sounds like you have a solid “retirement” plan 😉

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I know how you feel. At some point...mainly due to age...I'm going to have to decide if I want to run all three races during each race weekend, excluding Marathon.

That third morning is getting harder and harder. Like you, I wouldn't stop running, but probably do just the 10K and add the 5k for weekends like Princess.

Wish runDisney would put the W&D 5k back in Animal Kingdom.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You are right - we do understand. As someone who took up running rather “recently“ (it’s now been 5-6 years) there are events that I know I should let go before it becomes too difficult to do so - which makes it all the more easier for me to see how this is hard for you. But it sounds like you have a solid “retirement” plan 😉

At some point in time, we all have to listen to our body and say "it's time". Not all of us are Galloway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom