joel_maxwell ....... 23.0
bethram ............ 13.1
imagination30 ...... 13.1
JillC LI ........... 8.1
minniemickeyfan .... 6.2
BeastlyKingdomme ... 6.2

Nice work!

FerretAfros

I'm at currently at 214.4, and am registered for another 38.6 (Glass Slipper & Dumbo). As fun as they can be, the prices are starting to get to me, so I may be 'retiring' from the DL races in the foreseeable future, though I plan to keep up with the WDW ones (easier travel for me and better races, IMO)

Here's my breakdown:
DL1/2 (standalone): 2
Goofy (standalone): 2
WDW 5K: 1
DL5K: 1
Dumbo: 1
Jingle Jungle 5K: 1
Wine & Dine: 1
Dopey: 1
Tink 10K: 1
Tink 1/2: 1

Figment82

What a fun idea! I just added up my Disney miles and right now I'm at 185.1.

And I don't even want to know how much money on race fees!

JillC LI

I find it very interesting how many races some people have run at Disney, many of whom do not live close by. I myself adore Disney. I also adore running. And yet I don't have a huge desire to plan a trip to Disney around a race. The only race I ran at WDW was the TOT13K, and that was only because I found out it was taking place during our trip AFTER we booked the trip so I figured it'd be cool to run through Disney at night. It was the last night of our vacation, and it started late, so the only thing I missed with my family by running the race was some shopping at Downtown Disney and some sleep before the plane ride home. However, in general, our family only gets to Disney about every other year, and our time there is limited, so I want to preserve every precious moment in the Parks without devoting any of it to a race. I think Disney races are a great thing, and it's wonderful to run through the Parks and see rare characters. If I lived closer and could visit more often, perhaps I'd plan a visit around a race, but as things are, I doubt I will be adding much to my Disney miles. (The furthest I ever travelled to a race was the 3.5 hour car ride we did last Fall so I could run the Hershey Half with @fmingo36 and @kristia.) Kudos to those of you who do run at Disney more often!

Texas84

Original Poster
I find it very interesting how many races some people have run at Disney, many of whom do not live close by. I myself adore Disney. I also adore running. And yet I don't have a huge desire to plan a trip to Disney around a race. The only race I ran at WDW was the TOT13K, and that was only because I found out it was taking place during our trip AFTER we booked the trip so I figured it'd be cool to run through Disney at night. It was the last night of our vacation, and it started late, so the only thing I missed with my family by running the race was some shopping at Downtown Disney and some sleep before the plane ride home. However, in general, our family only gets to Disney about every other year, and our time there is limited, so I want to preserve every precious moment in the Parks without devoting any of it to a race. I think Disney races are a great thing, and it's wonderful to run through the Parks and see rare characters. If I lived closer and could visit more often, perhaps I'd plan a visit around a race, but as things are, I doubt I will be adding much to my Disney miles. (The furthest I ever travelled to a race was the 3.5 hour car ride we did last Fall so I could run the Hershey Half with @fmingo36 and @kristia.) Kudos to those of you who do run at Disney more often!

I'm lucky. It's only a 5 hour drive so I can take a long weekend and Dad lets me use his offsite timeshare. The DVC is saved for big family trips. But flying out to DLR is a huge trip for me.

-em

I guess I can add another 19.3 in for January (10k & Half) and then get to add 22.4 for Princess (5K & Glass Slipper 10k/Half)

after that itll be a good long while before my next Dis race as I'm not doing Everest, DLR, or ToT (am wavering on doing Wine n Dine since its an anniversary year) but will do Donald again in 2015 but most likely not running princess in '15 (maybe the 10K) so I can run Gasparilla in Tampa and I'm tired of disney races costing 3x any others..

Texas84

Original Poster
I guess I can add another 19.3 in for January (10k & Half) and then get to add 22.4 for Princess (5K & Glass Slipper 10k/Half)

after that itll be a good long while before my next Dis race as I'm not doing Everest, DLR, or ToT (am wavering on doing Wine n Dine since its an anniversary year) but will do Donald again in 2015 but most likely not running princess in '15 (maybe the 10K) so I can run Gasparilla in Tampa and I'm tired of disney races costing 3x any others..

Sorry, wanted to be sure I understand. Add 19.3 and 22.4 to your current total?

Is this year the 5th W&D? I'll be there. Running cousin wants to do her third W&D.

GoofyUK

Hi everybody.

My first post so I thought I'd start with something I know the answer to - 52.4 miles.

2011 Goofy Challenge
2011 Wine & Dine

Will be looking to register for the 2015 Marathon (maybe more).

I must say I spend a lot of time reading the posts here so thank you for all your contributions :)

Texas84

Original Poster
Hi everybody.

My first post so I thought I'd start with something I know the answer to - 52.4 miles.

2011 Goofy Challenge
2011 Wine & Dine

Will be looking to register for the 2015 Marathon (maybe more).

I must say I spend a lot of time reading the posts here so thank you for all your contributions :)

Welcome! You're on the list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom