Votes: 7 9.6%
  • 501-600

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Over 600

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

TKTC

Original Poster
In a few park/hotel capacity threads, people have inquired as to the average DVC points purchase amount. Interesting discussion. I did a search and last thread I could find was over 5 years old and did not include a poll option. Include both direct purchase and resale purchases in totals.

To make everyone comfortable, usernames are not shown.

Note: Poll options are number of points purchased, not number of points you currently have due to banking prior year. IE: You've purchased 50 points but didn't go last year. Technically now have 150 points to use, however you still only purchased 50 points.

worldfanatic

11 years ago, I initially bought 150 Old Key West points on the secondary market.
During my first DVC Vacation I stayed at OKW and Boardwalk (with a Boardwalk view) and became obsessed and bought a 50 more BWV points (again secondary market).
200 is the perfect number for me, and I've never regretted either purchase since.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Total 270. All at BRV, one contract, CASH up front (no financing). This gives my dear wife and I TWO vacations per year, Deluxe Studio, eight nights per trip.

We BOUGHT (from Disney), where we wanted to STAY. Contract length, and our age, says we will be 90+ when that contract expires :).
As of Nov2018 trip? We go PAST breakeven (6 years). And we start cleaning up like mad.

NO plans for a retired couple to buy more points... :). We are happy. 11 month booking where we WANT to book :).

yedliW

My wife had 160 at SSR before we got married.. since I can't get added (the more that they change the benefits for aftermarket sales, the more this bugs me.. but there is nothing I can do about it.. and I digress.. ). I want to get another 100 or 150 in both our names so we have 250 or 300 or so..

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

My wife had 160 at SSR before we got married.. since I can't get added (the more that they change the benefits for aftermarket sales, the more this bugs me.. but there is nothing I can do about it.. and I digress.. ). I want to get another 100 or 150 in both our names so we have 250 or 300 or so..
hmmmmm - any rules against you SELLING those points (in one persons name) to YOURSELF (as a couple)? Just curious :).

Lensman

But then would be resale, I think he wants those direct benefits
It is my understanding that you can retitle a DVC contract to add a spouse or adult children, all of whom would become members and get the member perks like the AP discount. However this retitling isn't free - a search on the internet seems to show a range of $125 - $450 with outliers at $40 and $750 for this, depending on whether and which title company you use.

yedliW

It is my understanding that you can retitle a DVC contract to add a spouse or adult children, all of whom would become members and get the member perks like the AP discount. However this retitling isn't free - a search on the internet seems to show a range of $125 - $450 with outliers at $40 and $750 for this, depending on whether and which title company you use.

I'm also told it would require the services of an attorney..

We could use the extra points anyway.. so within the next couple of years we'll be in the position to pull the trigger on a new contract..

BethG

We could use the extra points anyway.. so within the next couple of years we'll be in the position to pull the trigger on a new contract..
We just added on, so I’ll share something I was told. You may already know this, but I never thought about it before. When adding on they looked at our current contract to make sure it was titled the same. If it is not, they need to creat a new membership number. Consequently, you can’t pool the points unless you do a transfer.

Phonedave

I had 160 SSR points when I married my wife. I was able to add her. It did not require an attorney, per se. There is a law firm that DVC will refer you too, and they handle everything by mail / email. They know who to contact at DVC, and they know what paperwork to fill out. It is a fairly painless process, but it is a bit pricey - about $400 and took about a month and a half. We then purchased an additional 50 on the resale market in both of our names, and added them on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom