How many people does it take?

ImaYoyo

The Magic Kingdom is 100,000
Actually there's no 1 answer. TRUE capacity depends on what chutes are open (if any), which attractions are open, and may even include(believe it or not) closing time, as well as smaller factors like if there are stages, construction, ect ect ect... For instance, capacity on a day MK is open 9-9 and has 1 attraction down during early may, will be COMPLETELY different from Grad Nite, or from an EHH day where it's open until 3 AM on July 4.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I did a google search (might be reliable, might not :shrug: ) but what I found was that WDW cannot disclose the exact body count that makes each park hit maximum capacity.

The only concrete number I found on maximum capacity was for the monorail. "The maximum capacity of a 6 car monorail is 364, the normal capacity is 316." I know that's not what you were looking for exactly, but still a fun fact.

**THREAD DRIFT ALERT**

earldw28, I absolutely love your avatar. :D

earldw28

Actually there's no 1 answer. TRUE capacity depends on what chutes are open (if any), which attractions are open, and may even include(believe it or not) closing time, as well as smaller factors like if there are stages, construction, ect ect ect... For instance, capacity on a day MK is open 9-9 and has 1 attraction down during early may, will be COMPLETELY different from Grad Nite, or from an EHH day where it's open until 3 AM on July 4.

Got it from this site:

http://www.disneybythenumbers.com/wdw/wdw.html

Kamikaze

Looking at that site, it really needs to do some fact checking, most of those numbers are completely false/wrong

Yup, can't take that site seriously.

For instance:

11,000 firework shows per year makes WDW the largest consumer of fireworks in North America.

That would be over 30 per day. Now, I suppose it could be a typo and it is supposed to be 1,100, which roughly would be 3 a day. But you can't have number typos on a 'by the numbers' site.

Or such as this one:

100 pairs of sunglasses are turned in at the Magic Kingdom lost and found alone. There have been enough "shades" submitted each year in the Magic Kingdom to outfit every resident of Sun City, Arizona; Sun City, California; and Sun City, Florida. Since 1971, an estimated 1.5 million pairs of glasses have found their way into the "lost" bin.

That directly contradicts itself. 1,500,000 / 37 years of the MK = about 40,000 per year. Not 100.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yup, can't take that site seriously.

For instance:

That would be over 30 per day. Now, I suppose it could be a typo and it is supposed to be 1,100, which roughly would be 3 a day. But you can't have number typos on a 'by the numbers' site.

Or such as this one:

That directly contradicts itself. 1,500,000 / 37 years of the MK = about 40,000 per year. Not 100.
If they count every use of pyrotechnics (Indy stunt show, LMAX, castle forecourt shows etc) at all 4 parks I could see that number getting to around 30 per day. It is still a BS way of inflating the numbers but I can at least see where the number came from.

fosse76

I did a google search (might be reliable, might not :shrug: ) but what I found was that WDW cannot disclose the exact body count that makes each park hit maximum capacity.

The only concrete number I found on maximum capacity was for the monorail. "The maximum capacity of a 6 car monorail is 364, the normal capacity is 316." I know that's not what you were looking for exactly, but still a fun fact.

**THREAD DRIFT ALERT**

earldw28, I absolutely love your avatar. :D

Not sure what you mean by "can't." Since Disney World is it's own quasi-governmental organization, the fire code can be made up by them alone (provided they meet state minimums of course). The above poster is correct when they say that capacity will change under a variety of circumstances. It usually has more to do with staffing and the per guest capita of the staff as well as the amount of supplies they have measured with the number of guests. I am guessing that under full staffing, ample supplies (food, drink, medical, security) the Magic Kingdom can accommodate 100,000 people. I don't tjink it has too much to do with whether or not all the rides are open, but the more that are closed then the more the capacity decreases.

hrcollectibles

This is the one that struck me
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
"58,000 employees are employed by Walt Disney world as of 2006, spending more than $1.1 billion on payroll and $478 million in benefits each year"

Thats an average of 18,965 per employee
[/FONT]

Mad Stitch

"50,000 pine trees were planted by WDW cast members across 50 acres to form a 'hidden Mickey' in honor of the WDW’s 20th anniversary on February 27, 1992."

Where is this at? Can it be seen in Google Earth?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom