How many parks per day?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
During a typical week-long trip to WDW, how many parks do you usually go to each day? Do you ever spend (or feel the need to spend) an entire day in just one park? In the case of my wife and I, we typically will hit at least 3 parks a day, sometimes 4. We just know what we like, what we want to see, and usually aren't even in a rush to do those things. I just don't see where any of the parks right now, merit an entire day's stay (unless of course you bought a 1-day ticket without park-hopping).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We usually take an extended trip (7 to 10) days and will hit all four parks for 1 full day each. Then the remaining days we will park hop based on crowds, ADRs, moods, etc.

Sweet Melissa

There are many days that we only go to one park a day, but that doesn't mean we stay in the park the whole day. We'll cut out and go to nearby resorts for meals, or go back to our room to rest and clean up. I think there have been times that we have visited three parks in one day, but it's never something we plan.

GeoDonJac34

It is never more than two parks in one day for us. Sometimes it will be one with a break in between, but most days two parks.

chrissyw14

I like going to multiple parks per day! its fun for me, I wouldn't like only one per day because i don't like feeling like I'm done going to that park for the trip. I'd say its 2 per day, except the last day we try to fit them all in [: If I stay at like the Swan and Dolphin I might hit 3 because EPCOT and MGM are so close together, especially with night EMH

flynnibus

Premium Member
I go where my mood takes me. On a recent trip.. heading into HoP gave me motivation to see American Adventure.. so I got on the monorail, went and saw AA, and headed back to MK to do more. And I had started the afternoon at DHS because I wanted to see the new ST 2.0. So in a day that didn't even start till almost 2pm.. I saw 3 of the 4 parks.

Some people think park hoppers are a waste.. I couldn't go without them :)

real mad hatter

Well our 14 day vacation means there is no need for us to hop,tho we usually do one park from 8.00 till 3.00 and another from 6.00 till 11.00 except on our last full day we hit all four.:)

Redsky89

I usually bust out Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom on the same day. Magic Kingdom I can either do a full or half day at. Epcot I have to have a full day at. I've spent entire days at Epcot just wandering around alone ( not creepy ). I love it.

dreamfinder

I tend to do one park per day when I am touring with other people. Maybe hop once to get to say Epcot for dinner. Why? I just don't see the time spent getting to the second/third park as being a good use of time for the most part. Now when I am in solo commando mode, I will hit up to all 4 in a day. I can blast through things, and get to all the stuff I want to do that the other members of my party don't want to. Be it taking pictures, meeting characters, stuff like that.

C.FERNIE

were mostly a one park per day family! but we usually stay at the boardwalk so sometimes we will go to epcot for dinner/ drinks! :)

rufio

Between 1 and 3 per day, and normally with a break somewhere in there to go to the hotel and take a nap! I'm like an old lady at the World! Needing naps and all...

sgtmgd

Depends on how many times you've been...First timers probably can stay an entire day at each park...if they want to cat every show...ride..expierence...I generally have a park set aside each day to start out...we do alot of signature meals...so Ill loosly plan around it..I dont like to "feel rushed" so ver the week we are to spend as much or little time as possible...I do like to have a day to truly "park hop"

DisneyDebNJ

it actually depends, some days, we will do two parks and some days, one. We normally spend the days in either one of the water parks, or MK, and evenings at Epcot. If the parks are super busy, we hang at the pool at our resort, and at night, head to DTD, then back to the Poly to watch the fireworks on the beach at MK. We normally go for 7 to 10 days, and allow for some down time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom