How many of us are waiting for 07 rates?

hansel1

So, I got to thinking. I can't be the only one waiting for the 2007 rates to come out. I already reserved a room for 2007 at Port Orleans Riverside, staying for 10 nights.

Who else is waiting for the rates to come out?

Who else has already reserved a room?

Where are you staying?

How long are you staying?

Would you rather guarantee your room and resort or are you waiting for a deal?

Will you be using the Dining Plan, even if its not free?

obi1_kenobi

i am definitely anxious for the 2007 rates to be released.
i've been to disney world three times, but this is the first time im planning the trip on my own. do the rates generally differ that much from year to year? i mean that is one of the reasons i would like some solid numbers for 2007, but also where i stay and for how long really depends on what i can afford.
my girlfriend and i aren't going until late may 2007, so we have plenty of time to save, but since this is our first time to disney together, AND our first vacation alone together, i really want to stay at the polynesian for at least a week.
it would be great if they did the free dinning again, but i doubt they will for may - but either way we will be purchasing the plan for our trip.

Upvote 0

soin2disney

I'm waiting too...

Hi, I just booked 10 days at the Grand Floridian for April 2007 I was wondering too, when the packages would be available. When I called, they didn't know when the packages would be available. They said maybe late May, early June to call back. If you find out anymore, please let me know! Thanks...:sohappy:

Upvote 0

col

im waiting for december 2007-2008 rates to come out. i wanna go next xmas and new year coz i had so much fun last year. im staying in a value resort all star sports and a deluxe resort either the poly or GF for a week or 2. anywhere as long as i can see wishes from my balcony.

thats gonna set me back!!!!:)

let me add that virgin atlantic (on the web) already do well into 2007 - i think its till october 2007.

Upvote 0

obi1_kenobi

col said:
i wanna go next xmas and new year coz i had so much fun last year. im staying in a value resort all star sports and a deluxe resort either the poly or GF for a week or 2. anywhere as long as i can see wishes from my balcony.

thats gonna set me back!!!!

good luck saving for that! haha.

thanks for the tip about virgin atlantic - ill have to check them out.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Here's my take on the dining plan:

I would do it even if it weren't free. It's pretty reasonably priced, you get a ton of food, and I really enjoy the freedom of not having to worry about prices of food after I get there, since it's already been paid up front.

Good luck with the planning and I'll keep my fingers crossed for your free dining plan!

Upvote 0

eroyee

2007 rates??

:wave: Talked to Disney today. they say no rates till end of May or first of June. we are booking either POR or POP for 10 days from Jan. 15, 2007 and then moving to SOG with my son in the air force for 5 more days. Cant wait. Best rates if there are no discounts listed are AAA. they give big discounts in the off season. we dont do the dining cause I cant eat all that. would be wasted on us. Cant wait. too long! Hurry up time!!! have a magical trip.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

I already booked April 27th - May 6th at the YC for 2 rooms. When I originally booked, in Dec '05, they told me it would be late Aubust before the '07 packages were out. So the May- June time, is that for room only rates or will they release package prices at that time too? We'll be doing the Platinum plan (if they still call it that for '07) for the trip, except the last night will be a room only. When you book room onlys in anticipation for the new rates, since you have to re book under the new rates, do they let you know a little ahead of time so you know when to make the call to re-book? I can't wait to book the package so I can start making our reservations for the dinner shows and Cirque Du Soliel and such!

Upvote 0

PrincessAimee

I usually find that the rates generally increase by $10 per night each year. We went to Disney World at the end of July last year and they started promoting the Free Dining Offer out there a week before we left for our trip but it wasn't supposed to start until after we came home. I asked my travel agent if we could get the free dining plan just to see (never hurts to ask) and she said they were only offering it from Late August to early October to get people to come down during hurricane season.

Upvote 0

Caseyis8

We are planning on going to Florida and WDW from April 28-May 6, but I have not reserved anything yet. It is a little early for me to really put any money down on a vacation. I am kind of nervous about the huricane season coming up, so I want to make sure that there is still a resort. Ha, Ha. :) My son is eight and really wants to go to Daytona Beach instead of Disney, but I am a Disney World fanatic, and I am also graduating from college, so we will be doing WDW for eight days and then going to Daytona Beach for a few days, probably three. I have never been to Daytona Beach, so if anyone on here can give me any ideas about where to stay, it would be greatly appreciated.
Have a great night. :)

Upvote 0

DisneygeekCT

I am waiting for the rates and packages so that I can plan our honeymoon! 2 weeks in the World next April/May! We are thinking of staying one week at a moderate - Carribean Beach or Coronado Springs - and then the final week at a deluxe - Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, or Beach Club maybe - it would be nice to be able to walk to Epcot (& MGM).:sohappy:

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Add me to the list. We have plans to go in late October/early November of 2007 to celebrate my 40th. I have no idea where we will stay. We are buying AP's and we have AAA, so our options are definately open. Maggie

Upvote 0

DisJosh

I'm waiting on January passholder rates. But I won't be booking until next November. We buy our passes just before we book so we can get the AP rates and get a second trip out of the APs the following September. :D

Upvote 0

Jason21783

I'm looking at Aug. 07, which seems like forever from now. It'll be my first trip not with my family, which I'll be funding 100%. My gf and I just recently graduated college and moved out on our own, so its our first vacation together as "working adults". The Dining Plan really seems like a good deal, and it gives you a better dollar estimate for the overall trip. I hope its still around next year. Its hard not to start planning every detail so early. I'm already picking out places to eat and when, and which parks to hit each day, based on this Aug's EMH. It can't come fast enough.

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

I am waiting for the 2007 rates as well. I want to book a package deal using my AAA. I don't have a room resevered yet but I am going to stay in the Pop Century resort again. I will be staying in April of 2007. Last year when I was waiting for the 2006 rates they only came in the beginning of July I believe. I would only use the dining plan if it were offered to me for free. I would spend more paying for the dining plan that I would paying for the food on my own. We do mostly counter-service meals. I don't like to have my day that planned that I have a table service everyday.

Upvote 0

Kal_el8604

I'm trying to plan a trip with all my college trip for the first week in January, so yes, I too am anxious to see the rates.

Any chance we might get free dining plan?

Upvote 0

col

obi1_kenobi said:
good luck saving for that! haha.

thanks for the tip about virgin atlantic - ill have to check them out.

i know ive got 2 jobs so maybe i can splash out a bit :). even if i cant afford to stay in a deluxe i will sit on the beach and watch wishes -coz thats free :lol:

Upvote 0

hansel1

Original Poster
I don't think the free dining plan will be offered in early 2007, but you never know.

I think the discount packages come out around sept/oct for the first quarter of 2007.

Late may early june is when the prices come out for non-discounted rooms and tickets.

I will go ahead and add tickets when the rates come out along with Disney Dining. If there is a discount package later that fits my resort and timeframe then i will try to change my reservation.

Last year they came out with a discount package that would have saved me $200 but they had no rooms at Port Orleans Riverside, Only Port Orleans French quarter...so I didn't change my reservation.

I guess we'll see what happens this year.

I wouldn't be too concerned about disney world or its resorts during hurricane season, they are pretty far inland. When katrina hit new orleans the winds died down pretty good about 100 miles inland, then sporadic tornado's took over as the tropical storm died down.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom