How many miles did you put on the shoes?

TKTC

I do for sure. Last trip was 8 days, including travel and non-park days we did 50.7 miles. That is low for us, however it was our first trip without out kids in a stroller.

Prior to that, we had 7 days, but kids were in the stroller. 54.6 miles.

Nottamus

Sometimes we amaze ourselves after a trip when I look at the app and realize we did 80.2 miles! (according to phone app)
that was last trip April 2018, one week.

crxbrett

Went for 9 full days last year and ended up with over 220,000 steps/105 miles total - which averaged to 24.5K/11.6 miles per day. I think I did 15 or 16 miles 3 or 4 days and then a few light days were only 6 or 7 miles.

Definitely a lot of walking!

LUVofDIS

We do 10-12 miles a day. Of course I try to do 6-8 miles a day when I am at home. I run 3 to 3.6 miles and than we walk another 4 miles. Than there is all the normal walking. Even so, it is still tiring after a full day at the parks.

Darkseid

We averaged about 10 miles per day on our last trip from 2/3-2/10. I probably had an extra mile or two per day from my morning walks that I didn't bring my phone.

Our lowest park was HS. We spent a while in line for Jedi Training and took a lot of rests that day.

DisneyOldSoul

Original Poster
These are all awesome. I'm sitting here thinking about these distances and it dawned on me that from my house to Buffalo, NY is 96 miles. Some of you could have made it there! The reason I asked is one of my softball buddies was just there for a week and he did all his walking on a partially torn meniscus. He unfortunately didn't keep track of the miles. I'm sure Hcalvert can feel his pain.

ToyStoryMiss - you could have made it to Cleveland from my house LOL

Kevin_W

We averaged 7.6 miles per day during our six days in the parks. Shortest was 6.5 miles in HS, longest 9.5 miles in Epcot.

Our Epcot days are almost always our highest step counts as well.

My pedometer restarts at midnight. So on our MK EMH days I enjoy telling my family that we're only at 1500 steps for the day! Of course, that is at 1 AM. :)

Our highest day this past June was ~28,500 steps and most days were around 20,000 steps. So, 7 miles on an average day and a bit over 10 on our longest.

My daughter has caught up to where she takes ~25% more steps than we do, she used to be 50% more steps. And yet at Disney she never once has complained about being tired or her feet hurting. The amazing magic of being in WDW.

Hcalvert

These are all awesome. I'm sitting here thinking about these distances and it dawned on me that from my house to Buffalo, NY is 96 miles. Some of you could have made it there! The reason I asked is one of my softball buddies was just there for a week and he did all his walking on a partially torn meniscus. He unfortunately didn't keep track of the miles. I'm sure Hcalvert can feel his pain.

ToyStoryMiss - you could have made it to Cleveland from my house LOL

Yes, I can appreciate your friend's pain. I have genetic arthritis in my right knee that will eventually need a total knee replacement as I have no cartilage in my knee anymore. The doc says I have knees of someone twice my age (around 70). The only time I had pain was in the morning or when someone stopped abruptly in front of me and then my knee would slide and it was very painful. If I keep going, I am fine and that is why I haven't had to get surgery yet nor take a lot of pain meds or any cortizone shots. Disney keeps me somewhat healthy although the food I eat there is not...but it is good! I actually either weigh the same or a pound more when I come back.

DisneyOldSoul

Original Poster
Yes, I can appreciate your friend's pain. I have genetic arthritis in my right knee that will eventually need a total knee replacement as I have no cartilage in my knee anymore. The doc says I have knees of someone twice my age (around 70). The only time I had pain was in the morning or when someone stopped abruptly in front of me and then my knee would slide and it was very painful. If I keep going, I am fine and that is why I haven't had to get surgery yet nor take a lot of pain meds or any cortizone shots. Disney keeps me somewhat healthy although the food I eat there is not...but it is good! I actually either weigh the same or a pound more when I come back.

I am extremely impressed. A lot of people hear arthritis and they think its just a little aches and pains but it is so much more than that. You should be the spokesman for "Use It or Lose It" for arthritis action. So awesome! Keep it up and when you eventually need that replacement make sure you get the best rehab your area has to offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom