How many medallion machines are there and where are they located?

Surfin' Tuna

We do the quarters but only using old pre 1964 quarters so they are silver. My thought is if I squeeze a normal quarter it becomes completely worthless... but if I use a silver quarter then it still has the same value in terms of silver that it did before I squashed it.... Yeah it cost more as you have to go to a gold and silver merchant to buy the silver quarters but they are pretty much sold just over the spot price of silver by weight if you buy the worn coins. Only thing I found is that you need to polish them and clean them up before you press them because once they are pressed it become insanely hard to shine them up.
This is a brilliant idea. I bet they also look better than the new quarters look when pressed. Much the same if you pressed an old, copper penny vs a new one. I have thought about doing this with pennies, but i only just noticed the quarter machines. Now I just have to find a place locally to buy the quarters.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
BTW anyone that is interested I saw that at TSL at least they have a penny machine that provides the coin and takes dollars and credit cards although I think with the credit cards you have to get all of the coins.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
BTW anyone that is interested I saw that at TSL at least they have a penny machine that provides the coin and takes dollars and credit cards although I think with the credit cards you have to get all of the coins.

There's also one at the exit to Frozen ever after. There's a trade off though, instead of $.50 + the donor penny to be pressed its a dollar a pop.

thomas998

This is a brilliant idea. I bet they also look better than the new quarters look when pressed. Much the same if you pressed an old, copper penny vs a new one. I have thought about doing this with pennies, but i only just noticed the quarter machines. Now I just have to find a place locally to buy the quarters.
Yes the real key is to polish them as much as you can before you use them. Also, and this is key... you have to make sure which of the slots is for the quarter that gets pressed and which is for the payment. I can't remember which slot it is off the top of my head. I know the last time I did the silver quarters I had used all regular quarter that I marked with a sharpie so I could see which one came out. As I recall once you find out which one all the machines are set up the same way so you only have to do it one time.

And yes, when my kids do the pennies they also use all copper pennies because the newer mostly zinc pennies don't look very good when they get squeezed and come out with the copper plating coming off. For pennies go for pre 1982 pennies.

Jonathan Dalecki

This reminds me of the time I was working at Restaurantosaurus way back when. I bounced back and forth between the kitchen and busing (love those costumes...purple/pink pants and a blue shirt? so fab), and on a day I was out front, a guest came up and asked where the Penny Press machine was. They'd found out via map that we had one in the restaurant. When I took them over to it, it made them ECSTATICALLY happy lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom