How many medallion machines are there and where are they located?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Also can we expect to see more?
I'd love attraction and resort medallions because honestly I would prefer it to pressed pennies. Don't hate me lol.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What are resort medallions?

You know pressed penny machines?
Well recently at least at Epcot (trying to figure out if there are other locations hence my question) they have put in a medallion machine where you can purchase several medallions (The ones I heard about were for F&G).
I said I'd love it if they had attraction and resort themed medallions like they do pressed pennies and wondered if this was going to be a reality at some point.

MGMBoy

You know pressed penny machines?
Well recently at least at Epcot (trying to figure out if there are other locations hence my question) they have put in a medallion machine where you can purchase several medallions (The ones I heard about were for F&G).
I said I'd love it if they had attraction and resort themed medallions like they do pressed pennies and wondered if this was going to be a reality at some point.

Are there any pictures of these medallions? If they are any good, I would love to get them.

epcotisbest

Also can we expect to see more?
I'd love attraction and resort medallions because honestly I would prefer it to pressed pennies. Don't hate me lol.

Art of Disney store at Disney Springs (not my photo). We were there a few weeks ago and did not notice this and I am not sure how current this is. Of course, just because we did not notice the machine does not mean it is no longer there. This is just a yahoo search photo.

98E8FD6A-B16E-40A7-ADB0-71EDD45F66CF.jpeg

Last edited:

MGMBoy

Not my photos. Found with yahoo search. Seems like a nice, yet pricey, alternative to pressed pennies.

View attachment 380891View attachment 380892

Oooo... Me Likey! One annoyance with the pricing is that the machine has 4 possible Medallions and you can buy either individually or 3 at a time. That being said, I would get park/attraction/character specific medallions instead of pressed coins any day.

Surfin' Tuna

I'm not proud of this, but I know someone who counted the machines and had a list of all of them. This guy isn't even retired, yet he found the time for this important research. I can't remember how many there were, but there were a lot. He was particularly proud of the "hidden" ones when he told me. I might try calling him, and see if I can get a copy of the list.

In other news, I saw one of the quarter machines the other day. As if we don't spend enough money at the parks, now my kids are asking me to destroy quarters. What will I use for phone calls?

thomas998

I'm not proud of this, but I know someone who counted the machines and had a list of all of them. This guy isn't even retired, yet he found the time for this important research. I can't remember how many there were, but there were a lot. He was particularly proud of the "hidden" ones when he told me. I might try calling him, and see if I can get a copy of the list.

In other news, I saw one of the quarter machines the other day. As if we don't spend enough money at the parks, now my kids are asking me to destroy quarters. What will I use for phone calls?
We do the quarters but only using old pre 1964 quarters so they are silver. My thought is if I squeeze a normal quarter it becomes completely worthless... but if I use a silver quarter then it still has the same value in terms of silver that it did before I squashed it.... Yeah it cost more as you have to go to a gold and silver merchant to buy the silver quarters but they are pretty much sold just over the spot price of silver by weight if you buy the worn coins. Only thing I found is that you need to polish them and clean them up before you press them because once they are pressed it become insanely hard to shine them up.

thomas998

https://www.parkpennies.com/disney-pennies-wdw/wdw-penny-press-machine-maps.pdf
is a map of where you can find them at the various Disney spots in Orlando. Not sure of the vintage of the map so it not be extremely accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom