How many days?

charliez

Is 365 an option? ;-)

4-5 days in the parks are plenty, IMHO, especially if you have small kids with you and you have Park Hoppers. Even better if you can work a day in the middle where you (dare I say it) don't go into the key 4 parks -- instead sleep in, have fun at Ft. Wilderness, go to a water park, hit a resort pool (esp. if you're in DVC), etc.

This may lead you to get a length of stay pass (Ultimate Park Hopper), so that you can choose this night to go into Epcot for a nice dinner and Illuminations without feeling like you've burned a day off your Park Hopper just for dinner! (Unless then you would feel like you're missing out if you don't spend all day every day in the parks for the length of your stay ... but you've got to go into it with flexibility in mind.)

DCL

The perfect length for me and my family is 10 days. You can go to all the parks more than once... and it leaves time to go to the water parks... spend a day at downtown disney... and then you can still check out universal or busch gardens... whatever you want! Even tho 10 days seems like a long time to be there... it's by no means long enough!

WDWEric

When we went last Summer we stayed for 7 days, we went to all four parks,Blizzard Beach, Downtown Disney, and even Sea World. We were ready to go home by the end of the week but I have to think that the July Florida heat may have had simething to do about that. (June 29-July 5 2003)

J

joviacdan

Well, I'd say 5 would be enough to see al the must see stuff once.

I break it down like this:

Magic Kingdom - 3 days
Epcot - 3 days
MGM - 2 days
Animal Kingdom - 1 day.

I know this seems like a lot, but I can't get enough of the parks.

I think 10 days is good. You can always spend a day at a water park or at the pool and Downtown Disney.

all4mykids

I just did an 8 day trip. 1 full day each at the 4 major parks, and the other 4 days were spent at other Florida attractions :lookaroun . I have done 10 days exclusively at WDW before and it was great. We hit the water parks, Downtown Disney, Disney Quest, etc. and multiple days at each park, you never run out of thing to do. It all depends on what you are looking for out of your vacation. I would say a minimum of 4 days is required for Disney, but 6 days at Disney alone lets you move at a slower pace and you still get to see as much, and you'll come home feeling relaxed.

Chris

We go for a minimum of 7 but prefer 10 days. Once we went for 14 and it was wonderful. I could have stayed for another week and still not been ready to go.

sabian

At least 7 days. You need to have time to relax and enjoy the parks. Fewer than seven days would cause you to have to keep a track meet pace...

Kwit35

Stay for as long as you possible can. Reason being, no matter how long you are there, you will leave wanting more. There is so much to do and so many things that are worth doing twice.

Laura

Premium Member
If you're going when it's busy you'd need 1-2 days for MK, 1/2 day for AK, 1/2 day for a waterpark, 1 day for MGM, and 1-2 days for Epcot. Then you also need a day to relax and do nothing or you'll be miserable from exhaustion.

So I say 5-6 days.

If this helps when I go in July my schedule is
Day 1 - MK
Day 2 - Blizzard Beach
Day 3 - MGM
Day 4 - MK and AK
Day 5 - Epcot
Day 6 - REST and Downtown Disney
Day 7 - Universal Studios

I actually would have liked one more day to relax because it's gonna be tiring doing 5 days of parks with no break, but I have limited financial resources. :lol:

Or if you're going during the off season when you don't have lines and heat to consider you can really fly through everything. My husband and I got there on a Thursday afternoon at the end of September and did every ride at Typhoon Lagoon, Epcot, MK, AK, MGM, and Disney Quest and left Sunday afternoon. But it was quite tiring. :lol:

PhilharMagician

Definately stay as long as you can. I like to stay at least 10 days and still say I need another day or two. If I go for 7 days I tend to run around the parks from sunrise till well after sunset and then go home exhausted. By adding a few more days I find time to spend by the pool and explore some of the resorts which can be alot of fun.

I'm with Charliez on the 365!!!:lol:

awallaceunc

You knock out a good portion of the 4 major parks in just 4 days (provided you're on a well thought out budget of time/touring plan). To really do each and every little thing that WDW has to offer, you need at least 2 weeks, imo. Anything in between those 2 will still make for a great vacation. If you go less than 4, though, prepare to accept the fact that you won't be able to do it all (or even close).

-Aaron

JBSLJames

We're doing 6 days (really 5 1/2) and plan on doing MK 2 times and the other parks for 1 day. Being in November, I do not know if we will do the waterparks (or if there even open). We would do more, but time and money will not allow it. Don't forget that there is a point when an AP makes sense (8 days I think)

swimmom

The more the better, but no less than 7 days!

Take advantage of Extra Magic Hours or e-ride nights if they are available.

barnum42

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Don't forget that there is a point when an AP makes sense (8 days I think)
That's what I have - and you save $8 a day on parking with an AP. I spent two weeks there last year and two weeks again this year before the pass runs out. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom