How many days will make it cost effective?

Sbk1234

Original Poster
I’m planning a two week WDW vacation in the future. I know that the more days you buy for the parks works out to cheaper per day cost. My question is how many days would one have to buy before it gets more cost effective to buy an annual pass? I hate doing math so I don’t want to figure it out by myself! LOL 😆

JIMINYCR

The annual pass really pays off for more days or if within the time period if you go twice. We figured it out as the break period being around 14 or more. Weve gotten the AP when we knew we would get back a second time before it expired.

ppet

I'm planning on AP this year if they ever do restart selling them to out of state people. We're doing a week plus trip with the whole family and then some long weekends for me and my wife. Like others have said when you reach 8 to 10 days and can go again, get the pass.

Worldlover71

It gets more complicated if you figure in the discounts you get with your annual pass, especially on rooms (if you stay onsite and aren't DVC.)

Disneyfreak Jen

It used to be 10 days for out if state folks, if I remember correctly. I had one in 2016-2017 and it made sense at the time because I knew I’d already break even 3 months after I activated it. I went in October, January, and April/May. I added the 3rd trip when I found a good deal on airfare. Hurricane Matthew hit during my October trip and I ended up flying home a day and a half later than planned, so to get extra park time at no cost was nice.

danyoung56

It gets more complicated if you figure in the discounts you get with your annual pass, especially on rooms (if you stay onsite and aren't DVC.)

And then you add in the Table in Wonderland card (currently on hiatus) which gives a 20% discount on most food, including alcohol! If you imbibe, this can add up to significant savings.

Sbk1234

Original Poster
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) my trip wont be for a long time. It will be my retirement trip. But it seems like two weeks there will most likely prompt the purchase of an annual pass.
It will be a long wait, but at least I now have a little something to look forward to, and by the time I go, everything should be open again.

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

This calculation sure has changed over the years for us. We are Florida residents (4 hours away from WDW) and would get the Florida Seasonal AP, most recently called the Silver Pass. The first time we bought those passes was back in 2002 and the pass was cheaper than a 5 day ticket. Over time both the pass and multiday ticket prices went up and the number of days until the tipping point fluctuated.

Right now I am getting emails for 4 day tickets for $200 (for FL resident) to be used by June (I think?). The Silver pass is about $540 (although not currently for sale). So we'd need to go about 11 days for the Silver pass to be worth it.

Whenever we get the itch to go to WDW, this calculation always pops up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom