How many are priced out?

Are you priced out yet?

• Yes, it is too much for us now!

Votes: 62 42.5%
  • No, I am still able to renew my pass.

Votes: 46 31.5%
  • I renewed my pass before the increase, so I'm good for another year!

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • I am not sure yet.

Votes: 22 15.1%

• Total voters

Chef Mickey

I don't believe the option in the poll was "It is too much for us now." That can imply "I can't afford it" or "It's not worth the money to us." Literally either is fine. So if you chose not to renew your pass due to the price increase, you'd pick the first option. It is not rocket science. You don't have to think to hard about this, guys. :hilarious: If you want to specify why that's what a thread is for.

I'll make it easier.
1). I did not renew my pass due to the increase.
2). I did renew my pass.
3). I renewed before the increase so it doesn't affect me yet.
4). I am not sure if I will renew or not.

Better?
I didn't think this thread was asking only AP holders.

Chef Mickey

I am not priced out, but it's no longer worth it to me. It's too crowded for me. I was going to go on a 4 night DCL cruise followed up with a few days at WDW next year. Now, I am going on a 7 night and no WDW. DCL is a much superior product, IMO.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I am an out of state AP holder. :)
DCL doesn't have the Haunted Mansion though. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

I have a feeling they are going to go the "Membership" Route down the road....Seems that the other parks like Cedar Fair and Six Flags doing this I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney jump the bandwagon...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
You still make an assumption that everyone has a pass. And that having a pass is a normal thing. Both are incorrect. There are many here that don't have passes, so there isn't anything for them to renew. And there are some like me that might occasionally have a pass, but that's not normal. On a normal basis, I'd never pay for a pass and only have one because friend footed most of the bill for a one time thing. so the increase has no affect on whether or not I'm renewing.
Ok then just post that, like you just did. This isn't rocket science. Just read the poll however ya'll want to. This isn't the end of the world.

Cmdr_Crimson

What’s that?

It's a Pay-per-month membership that can be used within the parks and give out perks depending on the level you choose..Here's an example of what Six Flags does...
Six-Flags-Membership-Comparison.png

Tony the Tigger

We will be doing what we always do - skipping a year or so and then getting a cheapie Weekday Select AP.

By that time, it’s likely to be nearly $400. Not too many years ago, they were $225ish.

In the meantime, 2020 is looking like our first Disney Cruise year.

Animaniac93-98

Just out of curiosity I looked up the price of a 4-day base ticket for when I'm planning to go to Orlando this Fall.

Disney wants $476.65, or $119.17 a day...for a BASE ticket (park hopping extra $$$). And that's before the CND conversion.

I will no longer be buying multi-day park tickets. Whatever value they had for me in the past is gone.

Smiley/OCD

OP, I think it's the thread title that's throwing everyone off...it should've been something like "AP Holders...how many priced out?" But to answer your question, we were planning to invest (for the first time) in AP's for the 4 of us. Now with the price increase, we changed our minds (btw, the Sam's Club prices went up the next day). We planned a 10 day trip next year, but I'm leaning towards cutting it down to 7 days. I'm the only one in our DF that feels this way.

eliza61nyc

Just out of curiosity I looked up the price of a 4-day base ticket for when I'm planning to go to Orlando this Fall.

Disney wants $476.65, or $119.17 a day...for a BASE ticket (park hopping extra $$$). And that's before the CND conversion.

I will no longer be buying multi-day park tickets. Whatever value they had for me in the past is gone.
Wow, we usually go late August, a 5 day park hopper is 485.10 so about 95 a night.

PorterRedkey

Yes, I think the last time I bought the annual pass it was when it only took 10 days in the park to make it worth it. Never factored in the discounts as you could never depend on them happening. When we would get the annual passes back before maybe 2010 I think we could count on some decent hotel discounts that would often pop up for the AP holders... but by about 2015 those seemed to dry up as they seemed to have plenty of people in the hotels and didn't need to pawn them off on AP'ers.

I probably see more value in a DL AP now than I do in a WDW.... at least at DL when you have an AP you don't get treated like a second class citizen when it comes to the fastpasses.
It was 10 days the last time we bought an AP. My wife and I like to try out the restaurants, so the discounts saved us $200 alone, probably another $50 in merch easy. We got 25% off of our room at the Wilderness Lodge in 2015. For 7-10 night stay that adds up.

I personally don't think WDW AP are treated badly. You are paying for access to the parks at a discounted rate. The discounts, AP merch, land previews (see Galaxy's Edge) are all just bonuses on top of your admission. I would still do it if I lived in Florida, but since I live in Indiana, I can usually only make it a couple of times a year max.

monykalyn

(btw, the Sam's Club prices went up the next day)
Nope-still at same price $865.99+tax; what changed was the small print header reflecting Disney new prices. Have to be signed in to see Member pricing. I got a voucher at that price, as when we do go back (will have to see Galaxy Edge at some point) Having an AP will allow us to stay offsite if we want and still get discounts. And by time we go back regular prices for 6-day tickets could well be that $800 anyway!

donaldtoo

It’s not even that we have been priced out, it’s that it just isn’t worth what they’re asking for it to us anymore.
They took out (what was left of) the backlot tour and Lights, Motors, Action! to put in some A SS, and an exposed, mostly-looks-like-every-other-amusement-park kiddie coaster ride that just happens to be wiener dog-themed...WTH?????
And I’ve seen posts from a few months back that that land is even already looking worn from Guests picking around on signage and such there.
We couldn’t give a rip about Pandora, but, I’m sure SW:GE will be pretty cool, although not cool enough for us to drop that kinda’ jack.
I am a lifelong Disney fan and have been to both DLR and WDW several times, but, the product just isn’t worth what they’re asking for it to us anymore, at this point.
Our last trip was in Feb. of 2016 for the Princess 5K, and we had a great time, but, that was from the 17th-20th with only 2 Park days.
Since then, we’ve gone on 2 amazing week-long cruises (not Disney, because they wanted over 3 times as much money for similar accommodations), and are doing our 3rd cruise this October.
We were originally planning a week-long WDW trip for our granddaughters first birthday in October, but, when we priced it out we decided another cruise would be way more worth it.
But, there are plenty of others that will fill the gap, and that’s fine.
Our oldest DD and SonIL have already been to Europe twice, and that is the next trip we’re planning after the cruise...There’s a whole other world out there than just Disney Parks...!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

draybook

I've seen a certain theory floating around. A theory that suggests that Disney did this to price people out of APs and into buying ticket packages over the course of multiple trips throught the year. Now why in the hell would I pay MORE money on multiple trips when the point of the AP was to save money in that same rolling year? Honestly, I'm not sure what we're going to do because by the time our renewal rolls around, Christopher will be 3 and we'll have to purchase one for him. That's probably going to lean us towards not renewing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom