How Many APs per DVC Membership?

Jdn0018

Original Poster
With special events like Moonlight Magic, DVC members are able to bring a certain number of guests with them. Is there a similar rule with annual passes? Our family has a five family members with the blue DVC cards--can we buy more than 5 annual passes?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
With special events like Moonlight Magic, DVC members are able to bring a certain number of guests with them. Is there a similar rule with annual passes? Our family has a five family members with the blue DVC cards--can we buy more than 5 annual passes?
APs have to be linked to a specific person that is supposed to live in the same house as the DVC member. You can certainly buy more than 1 per person to link to that person. We have bought more than 1 each for the 2 of us, so that we have them in our pocket to not worry about a price increase. The renewal date doesn't start until you activate the pass at guest services. If I remember correctly, the expiration date was 2030 for those, but of course, we don't know about the new ones.

nickys

Premium Member
Up until now, a DVC member with a blue card could buy the Gold APs for anyone in their family who lived at the same address, as @LuvtheGoof said. When those APs are activated, every adult will need both ID and proof of living at the same address. I think the limit was 8 adult APs per household, but everyone must be able to prove they live at the same address as the member.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
If I remember correctly, the expiration date was 2030 for those, but of course, we don't know about the new ones.
Based on this morning’s MDE updates, it appears the answer is 2099. If any of you make it that long, Mazel Tov.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Based on this morning’s MDE updates, it appears the answer is 2099. If any of you make it that long, Mazel Tov.
Unless you're stupid like me and assign it to a person. My expiration shows Sept 7, 2022. Not happy at all about that. Email already sent to passholder bucket to complain, though I'm sure we are just screwed. We aren't going to even use the pass until our March trip, and then again for our trip next October. Now it appears that we will have to renew next September for the October trip, which will be good for the March trip in 2023, but it still sucks. I don't remember having that issue with previous AP buys, and the really nice person on the phone yesterday told me that the expiration date would be when we first activated it and used it at a park.

nickys

Premium Member
Unless you're stupid like me and assign it to a person. My expiration shows Sept 7, 2022. Not happy at all about that. Email already sent to passholder bucket to complain, though I'm sure we are just screwed. We aren't going to even use the pass until our March trip, and then again for our trip next October. Now it appears that we will have to renew next September for the October trip, which will be good for the March trip in 2023, but it still sucks. I don't remember having that issue with previous AP buys, and the really nice person on the phone yesterday told me that the expiration date would be when we first activated it and used it at a park.
That can’t be right. Hasn’t it always been the case that if you buy a new AP that it doesn’t start until it’s activated? Here’s hoping they can fix that for you.

Kamikaze

I'm confident they'll fix it for you.

JaxFLBear

It appears as if the voucher has to be activated within one year. After one year, the value can be used towards a new ap purchase of equal or greater cost.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It appears as if the voucher has to be activated within one year. After one year, the value can be used towards a new ap purchase of equal or greater cost.
Thanks. We were going to activate it in March, and we're hoping that we can get the expiration changed to that March date, instead of the current Sept. date.

JaxFLBear

Thanks. We were going to activate it in March, and we're hoping that we can get the expiration changed to that March date, instead of the current Sept. date.
The expiration date on the voucher has no connection to the actual expiration date your pass will have, that will be set on first use.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The expiration date on the voucher has no connection to the actual expiration date your pass will have, that will be set on first use.
So if I understand this correctly, the Sept 7th date on the pass now is the date it has to be activated by, and the actual expiration date will change to be the first use date. Am I getting that right?

Mr. Toad

My understanding from another thread on these forums is that the impact of this is that you can currently only make Park Reservations through Sept 7, 2022.

So you should now be able to make park reservations for your March 2022 trip. Once you activate the pass in March 2022 the AP will be good until March 2023.

However, I don't believe you will be able to make park reservations for your October 2022 trip until after you activate the AP in March 2022.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
My understanding from another thread on these forums is that the impact of this is that you can currently only make Park Reservations through Sept 7, 2022.

So you should now be able to make park reservations for your March 2022 trip. Once you activate the pass in March 2022 the AP will be good until March 2023.

However, I don't believe you will be able to make park reservations for your October 2022 trip until after you activate the AP in March 2022.
That should still work. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom