How long to stay?

kermie7780

Hi Everybody,

Just signed up to the boards, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place, or if the info is somewhere else & I just haven't found it yet.

I'm thinking of taking a trip next February during the value season and need help deciding how long to stay. There will be 2 of us (in our late 20s). We'd like to have enough time to really see everything in the parks w/o going commando and wearing ourselves out halfway through our trip.

We're going in February, and we have plenty of waterparks at home, so we're not really interested in spending time at the waterparks.

I'm looking for advice on how long to go, as well as any advice you may have on itineraries. I know it's almost a year away, but I'm already excited :) I haven't been since I was a kid & my parents took us!

Tigger2000

Scooter said:
We stayed 9 days once and got kind of bored....

There is plenty of things to do on Disney Property depending on what sort of activities interest you.

We're going for 3....WEEKS in August, last time we went for that long i still didnt want to leave! So much to do lol
We've only ever been for either two week trips or three week ones. Bearing in mind, we live in the UK hehe:)

Upvote 0

WDWCP

One bit of advice that nobody I go with ever actually takes except for me...

TRAIN for your WDW TRIP!!!

I'm not kidding... I would start about 2 months out and start walking every day. Not only does it properly break in my new shoes that I'll have on the trip to avoid blisters and such, but it also gets your feet, lets, etc... into proper shape.

That way, you can walk around the parks and not be nearly as worn out.

Last year I went with my wife and her parents and they all laughed at me when I said I was "Training for vacation".

Well, at the end of the 8 day trip, I was the only one that wasn't hurting one bit from all the walking!!!

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

WDWEric said:
I am pretty sure it is 3 and under for free, me second son is not born yet and will be 1 when we go, so start the flaming about bringing kids who wont remember the trip:)

I hate to say it but two year olds are free but not three year olds. My wife and I and our five year old have APs but I will have to pay for tickets for my son who turned 3 in Dec.

As for taking younger kids, that's your business and you shouldn't have to worry about being flamed. I've taken both of my children to WDW before their first birthdays. They seemed to enjoy themselves regardless of whether they will remember it or not. My 3 year old has been to WDW three times now and remembers plenty of it now. Nearly every day, he asks if we can go to Disney World and ride Star Tours! (Yes, he is his daddy's son! :king: )

Upvote 0

barnum42

WDWCP said:
One bit of advice that nobody I go with ever actually takes except for me...

TRAIN for your WDW TRIP!!!
Indeed - particularly those who get their only everyday walking experience going to and from their car - the miles you churn up at Disney could make you miserable.

Upvote 0

KnK

WDWEric said:
We are planning a Sat. to Sat. trip (8days/7nights) in mid to late May. 2007, my first son will be 3 in June 2007 and my second will be 1 in March/April (not born yet,any day now)

Yeah!!!!! New Baby!!!!! Start 'em young! Never too young for Disney!

Upvote 0

Nepal

kermie7780 said:
Hi Everybody,

Just signed up to the boards, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place, or if the info is somewhere else & I just haven't found it yet.

I'm thinking of taking a trip next February during the value season and need help deciding how long to stay. There will be 2 of us (in our late 20s). We'd like to have enough time to really see everything in the parks w/o going commando and wearing ourselves out halfway through our trip.

We're going in February, and we have plenty of waterparks at home, so we're not really interested in spending time at the waterparks.

I'm looking for advice on how long to go, as well as any advice you may have on itineraries. I know it's almost a year away, but I'm already excited :) I haven't been since I was a kid & my parents took us!

Have a great trip! Don't waste your time with Everest. It's not worth it.:snore:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Tigger2000 said:
We're going for 3....WEEKS in August, last time we went for that long i still didnt want to leave! So much to do lol
We've only ever been for either two week trips or three week ones. Bearing in mind, we live in the UK hehe:)
We'll be there 3 weeks in August also ............. 1st to 22nd - see you there.

An ideal trip length for Disney is 7 days (to see most things). Add on a few more days to do it all at a relaxed pace.

Upvote 0

kathyjacks

WDWEric said:
I am pretty sure it is 3 and under for free, me second son is not born yet and will be 1 when we go, so start the flaming about bringing kids who wont remember the trip:)

you know what i hate to be frank but its noones buiseness how old your kids are and where you take them . I see nothing wrong with taking young children to disney. its a family place and hey what better place to go on vacation with kids:animwink: .I would just ignore anyone who chooses to flame you . dont' let it ruin your vacation. I think most people on this board are all out good nice people so I wouldn't worry.

also how do you train. :lol: how long how many miles per day do you train? i am leaving in 7 days do i have time:confused:

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

However long you chose to stay..it will be Magical. I visit the parks once a month and we are never in any rush to see anything. I would say try not to streess yourself out trying to see it all...If you really want to see as much as you can..plan or stay a bit longer.:wave:

Upvote 0

jesserin

WDWEric said:

LOL... no flaming here! :) We're taking DD (she'll be 8 months) this April... I cannot wait!!!:sohappy:

EDIT: in repsonse to the thread question... I'd have to say it depends on how active you'll be during the day - it'll take us all of the 10 days we're in WDW to really get alot done - but we take tons of breaks and make it a really relaxing trip... we've done all 4 parks and both water parks in 5 days before... (totally wore us out - but it can be done)

;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom