How Long for EPCOT

5thGenTexan

How long do we need to allow for EPCOT and do we need two days?

Keep in mind, I have been to EPCOT, but the last time was 1992, A few things have closed since then and there are a couple of new attractions. :)

I showed videos of the Remy ride to my 12 and 14 and they really have no interest. My 14 year old daughter who used to be into Frozen big time, doesn't have and desire to ride the Frozen ride. If an opportunity arises for those two without too much of a wait, we will check em out, but not going out of our way.

From a nostalgic point of view, I want to take my time in World Showcase and really explore the countries.
I want to do all the other attractions as well. I understand the virtual queue for Guardians, and hit Test Track at rope drop, then head to Soarin.

JIMINYCR

Very doable in one day with rope drop and getting through Soarin and TT first. We go through all the pavilions and that’s including browsing and shopping in them, talking with CMs and having snacks , counter service lunch and table service dinner. Skipping Frozen and Rat will save you valuable time. We don’t rush through and hit all the attractions. EP has become my fav park to wander and never seems difficult to manage.

Upvote 0

LeighM

I think it depends on when you're going. If you're there during Food and Wine Festival or the Festival of the Holidays, I would take two days for Epcot - one to focus on the attractions and shows and the other to focus on the festival food and events.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I think it depends on when you're going. If you're there during Food and Wine Festival or the Festival of the Holidays, I would take two days for Epcot - one to focus on the attractions and shows and the other to focus on the festival food and events.
If we were going at that time of food and wine or other food filled events, to spend our time tasting the various food selections at the kiosks then 2 days would be advisable. There’s so much tasty items that it would be difficult to try all the interesting selections. (Costly too!!) Although after going to many festivals we know what’s tasty enough to order again or what to avoid, but the OP hasn’t had that experience.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Ideally I split Epcot in half, east and west. Do some rides and then soak up the atmosphere (and food) of WS and the same again the next day.

Do two days. There is so much to see as well as the rides.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Ideally I split Epcot in half, east and west. Do some rides and then soak up the atmosphere (and food) of WS and the same again the next day.
I was there a few weeks ago for Festival of the Arts and the World Showcase was miserable. You couldn't move. It was shoulder-to-shoulder. All of the old problems of "World Showcase is too crowded at festival time" were magnified by "...and Future World is a giant construction pit so there's nowhere for people to go besides World Showcase."

If I were planning a trip in the next few months during a festival, I would do one day at Epcot. I'd do a World Showcase loop just to say I did, but I wouldn't be stopping for shows or snacks. It would be Caballeros, Frozen, Rat, and then get the heck out of there.

During "normal times," i.e. a functional central Spine and no festival, I agree with your advice exactly. Soak it up, two full days, etc.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I was there a few weeks ago for Festival of the Arts and the World Showcase was miserable. You couldn't move. It was shoulder-to-shoulder. All of the old problems of "World Showcase is too crowded at festival time" were magnified by "...and Future World is a giant construction pit so there's nowhere for people to go besides World Showcase."

If I were planning a trip in the next few months during a festival, I would do one day at Epcot. I'd do a World Showcase loop just to say I did, but I wouldn't be stopping for shows or snacks. It would be Caballeros, Frozen, Rat, and then get the heck out of there.

During "normal times," i.e. a functional central Spine and no festival, I agree with your advice exactly. Soak it up, two full days, etc.
I venture off the path and go to the back of the pavilions. Usually really quiet there, I’ve even been known to settle down and read for a while in the Canada and U.K. gardens. Still found the peace and quiet even over Christmas…. albeit it was cold!

Upvote 0

Darth_Sidious

This is disappointing. My daughter (11) is an artist and wants to go next year to festival of the arts. She also loves shopping and hopes to shop in each pavilion. Sounds like that might not work :(

Upvote 0

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
We are going the week of June 11. I set up my park passes for 2 Days MK. 2 Days EPCOT, 1 Day HS, 1 Day AK. 1 day Universal.

School lets out at the end of May and there is Scouts and Band in July. So, June is what we get.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

This is disappointing. My daughter (11) is an artist and wants to go next year to festival of the arts. She also loves shopping and hopes to shop in each pavilion. Sounds like that might not work :(
It shouldn't be a problem: plan World Showcase visits on weekday afternoons when most locals are at work, and you'll avoid the nightly bump in Festival crowds (and dinner crowds).

Upvote 0

LittleMerman

We always do just one day there. It's a wonderful park but it's more chill compared to the others - just a handful of rides we want to experience, not many shows, and then the festivals/food you can do at your own pace. I would def recommend a full day to fully enjoy it but would suggest that you don't need more than one.

Upvote 0

Richie248

Recently had one of the best Epcot days in a while. Pulled BG 10 for Cosmic Rewind...and purchased a ILL for 11am
  • 7am: pulled Remy LL (noon), plan was to stack LL for Magic Kingdom thereafter)
  • Arrived at gates 45 min prior to early entry
  • Rope Dropped: Frozen Ever After (second boat out)
  • Cosmic Rewind BG called, no line or wait
  • Single Rider Line for TT
  • "Crossed" over to ride Soarin (no wait)
  • Living w/ the Land
  • Figment
  • Met Mickey at Imagination Pavilion
  • Spaceship Earth
  • LL: Cosmic Rewind
  • Walked World Showcase/had some snacks
  • Remy ILL
  • Canada Far & Wide
  • Bus back to resort by 1pm
Epcot is definitely doable in one day. The LL for Remy really helped, as did the early BG for Guardians...that evening I was able to stack Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and Space Mountain.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom