how long does it take

Nona

Original Poster
For planning purposes, how much time should I expect between parks and Disney resorts and which is the best way to go for each?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Plan for an hour. Times will often be less, but they can begin to grow during peak times.

The map at the link below will give you your travel options and approximate traves times from X to Y.

DisneyJoe

Varies greatly, depending on origin and destination and mode of travel and time of day, but it can vary from a 10 minute walk from the Beach Club to the Epcot International Gateway - but it is always safe to bet on an 60-90 minutes at the outside.

Buses supposedly run every 20 minutes, so if you just miss one, you could need to wait another 20 minutes for the next bus, and then the ride to the park could take 20 minutes or more, plus the time for the bus to unload and reload, especially if there are many guests onboard or if ECVs/wheelchairs need to be unloaded/loaded.

Victor Kelly

Variable due to seasons, events like festivals at Epcot, group events like tour groups, cheerleaders, sports teams, marathon runners. Each has it own own attendance peaks and lows, which also are attached to what day of the week you are using transportation and at what time.

I would plan for 1 hour between start and finish especially if you have to transfer busses.

JIMINYCR

Time of year and time of day can also affect timing. When you have busiest seasons buses can fill up, or be delayed longer. With the bus timers you now have at least more indication of when the last bus left and the next one may be arriving.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Too many variables to even really give a good response.
A lot depends on which resort to which park and if you just missed the mode of transport.
I usually expect no more than 45 minutes.
There's been a few times its been longer but many times its been much shorter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom