How long does it take to...

KirstyLou

Get through Orlando airport from the UK?

Appreciate that this can vary for each and every person. I've been to Florida in the past, but I can't really remember. I land at 2.35pm on Sept 3rd and have a dinner reservation at Tusker House at 6pm to meet my family who will already be out there. My main concern is that my seat is the last row at the back of the plane, so am wondering if I am going to be cutting it fine? My dad is picking me up from the airport so I won't need to wait for a car or the magical express - staying on Disney at All Star Music.

RMichael21

Get through Orlando airport from the UK?

Appreciate that this can vary for each and every person. I've been to Florida in the past, but I can't really remember. I land at 2.35pm on Sept 3rd and have a dinner reservation at Tusker House at 6pm to meet my family who will already be out there. My main concern is that my seat is the last row at the back of the plane, so am wondering if I am going to be cutting it fine? My dad is picking me up from the airport so I won't need to wait for a car or the magical express - staying on Disney at All Star Music.
You should be fine. I'm from the US, so I've never experienced customs in MCO. Start with about 20 minutes to get off of the plane. Then, it usually takes me 5 minutes to get from the gate to the monorail/shuttle and wait for it, 5 minutes on the shuttle, 5 minutes to walk to baggage claim and then probably another 20 to wait for your bags. I'd say about 45-60 minutes not including customs just at the airport. Add probably 30-60 minutes for customs (really depends on how many people are there when you arrive, but considering you're at the back of the plane, you'll probably have to wait longer), you'll probably take about 1-2 hours at the airport. Plus the 30 minute drive (if there's not traffic, as it'll be close to rush hour) to WDW, you probably'll get to WDW any time between 3:30 (more unlikely) and 5:00.

P.S., sorry if my time estimates are wrong, anyone from out of the country could gladly be a better help with MCO's customs system. :p

Upvote 0

steffib

id say you'll just make it ...I'd account for about 1 1/2 hours to get though passport control. customs is normally quite straight forward but you then have to do that whole monorail thing to get into the arrivals hall at the airport...
If you're being picked up you should be ok, just try and be patient through passport control as that it the longest wait by far..hope this helps

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

I agree that it could take about 1 1/2 hrs before you get finished with customs and passport control. Text your Dad so he can pick you up at the curb. The drive to your resort will take about half an hour. If you're also driving to AK, you should be OK. This is all assuming that your flight arrives on time.

Upvote 0

KirstyLou

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been to Florida lots of times but I've never really noticed how long it takes to go through as haven't been in any rush!

Upvote 0

Gurt

Hi @KirstyLou I also couldn't remember how long it takes but I have guestimated about 2.5hrs. I am not sure which airport you are flying in from but from Manchester if you get to check in early there is a TSA pre check person that helps speed thing up a little bit at MCO.

Upvote 0

KirstyLou

Original Poster
I keep hearing about if you have been to Florida in X amount of years you can use the faster queue system - does anyone know if this is open often and if so how many years your last visit has to be?

Upvote 0

Gurt

it had been 15 years in between trips when we went last time. A guy just stopped us as we approached check in @ Manchester and said as it was quiet he would do the pre-check with us, asked us some questions and tapped on a ipad then stuck the TSA stickers on our passports.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom