How long do you think until a country is added to WS?

When will a new country be added to WS?

• Under 5 years.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • 5 years.

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • 10 years.

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • 20 years.

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Never

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
Me toooo, but unlikely since they already have Great Britian:king:. (bloody limies!, just kidding) Russia might be cool - or Ukraine countries. There is always the
Imaga - nation:lol:, but they have that already in Epcot don't they!

Great Britain and Ireland are NOT the same country.:hurl: That's like saying why have Canada when you have the USA!!!!!!(No offence to any Canadians!)

Future Guy

Never. And anyway, I'd rather they "plus" the countries that are there (Rhine River Cruise, anyone?)

However, I would vastly prefer a revitalized Imagination pavilion to any WS additions.

njDizFan

No one said another park we are takling about a country in WS also Orlando is not one of the most dangerous ares in the country.
Agreed. Orlando is a paradise compared to Newark, Irvington, Camden, Trenton, Paterson, just a few cities off the top of my head just in NJ.

bjlc57

from CNNMONEY..

Personal crime/ property crime/
Incidents per 1000 incidents per 1000

Orlando 19 84

average top
100 cities 1 19

yeah I would say the percentage is more then average.. by 19 to 1..

that's fairly dangerous..

oh and this is from Cnn Money.. the best places to live in the country..

protiius

I voted for 10 years but I think that's pretty optimistic. I'd like to see Ireland, Brazil, Thailand or Egypt. But truthfully, I would be surprised if I ever saw a change. I think FW is probably the most likely and most effective area to get major additions in EPCOT and I can't even see any major changes coming there in the near future.

Figment632

Original Poster
Personal crime/ property crime/
Incidents per 1000 incidents per 1000

Orlando 19 84

average top
100 cities 1 19

yeah I would say the percentage is more then average.. by 19 to 1..

that's fairly dangerous..

oh and this is from Cnn Money.. the best places to live in the country..

Thats a great source I am sure it is very accurate. :rolleyes:

jakeman

[/B]

Thats a great source I am sure it is very accurate. :rolleyes:
You're right. It's not like CNN Money is a national news outlet or anything.

How about:

According to The 14th annual "City Crime Rankings: Crime in Metropolitan America", published by CQ Press, a unit of Congressional Quarterly Inc, Orlando is ranked the 11th most dangerous city in the country. It is based on the FBI's Sept. 24, 2007 crime statistics report.
Of course they are just the FBI, what do they know?

And just to stay on topic, I don't think we are going to see another country in the World Showcase, ever.

ms7479a

Never say never :animwink:

I've heard something recently that made me more optimistic. Not sure how reliable the source is, but lets just say it wasn't from a Disney bus driver.

jeopardyfish

I'm not sure here. I doubt we'll see a new country in the next five years at least, although their may be some plussing to the existing countries (I'm not sure how much room is left in any individual country). The other thing is that, if some other countries are added, eventually World Showcase will run out of room. I'm not sure how many expansion pads, if any, are left. Attractions can be replaced in other parks and in Future World, but imagine an announcement that, say, Dubai would be replacing Germany (just picked those countries at random). That would be a PR nightmare. Therefore I would say that perhaps I don't mind if we wait a while for some new countries, because at some point, there won't be a chance for any more.

NiarrNDisney

I voted for 10 years and I'm adding a + to that. There has been no news or visions of a planned addition besides the new restaurants being built in Mexico and in Italy so 5 years seems improbable and as for never I don't believe that a new country being built is impossible so 10 to 20 years sounds like a good resonable medium.

Figment632

Original Poster
You're right. It's not like CNN Money is a national news outlet or anything.

How about:

Of course they are just the FBI, what do they know?

And just to stay on topic, I don't think we are going to see another country in the World Showcase, ever.

But it is coming from the guy who thinks King Louie was part of JC!

UrbanDonovan

the Orlando area is one of the most dangerous cities in the country.. and by the looks of things, not going to make a come back soon..

OMG!!! I just had my gut-busting laugh for the evening!!! As a resident of "the Orlando area", I can tell you there are much, MUCH more dangerous places in our country. LOL!!! Some people.

i doubt that we will see another park in my life time.. say with in 20 plus years..

right now Orlando is falling apart.. outside of the parks we saw no less then four abandoned hotels.. and even Pop Century has a "grave yard"..

the Orlando area is one of the most dangerous cities in the country.. and by the looks of things, not going to make a come back soon..

and so I say no chance will there be an http://forums.wdwmagic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4033326addition to the World Showcase.. and only minimal expansion unless something totally drastic happens in management..

if they didn't expand during the years of full parks.. they won't expand now..

that's not to be gloom and doom.. it's just the way that it is..

I thought WDW was located within Lake Buena Vista, FL not Orlando .. but I could be wrong.

Also, ooh a lot of personal crime, that usually happens in wealthier/safer areas. Gambling, fraud, embezzlement, and all other sorts of "White-Collar" crime. Everyone bar your windows and pull the drapes you might get caught for illegal gambling.

jakeman

But it is coming from the guy who thinks King Louie was part of JC!
So? I provided another source as well.

If we train a monkey to tell you water is wet, would you not believe him just because he was a monkey?

Orlando is not the most dangerous place in the country, but it by far the safest.

However, WDW is located in Lake Buena Vista. You can't really extrapolate Orlando's crime rate to the safety of the immeadiate area surrounding WDW as most statistics involve the city limits as their border.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom